main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OT & PT remade in CG animation in the next decade or so??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darkenedsuperman, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkenedsuperman

Darkenedsuperman Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    Alright before anyone reaches out w/ the force to do a force choke on me bare w/ me...

I did a search and found no threads, but I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Knowing GL, he's never gonna be satisfied w/ his vision. So imagine if in about 10 yrs or so. He decides to make all 6 films again in CG animation kind of like the Final fantasy movie. I mean Final Fantasy looked pretty good and that was already about 2-3 years ago. Im sure in 10 yrs or so the technology would be pretty impressive. I know most of the fans never wanna see the films remade period. And I can understand that, because doing a good live action remake would prove to be disastrous. But w/ CG animation GL could keep the likeness of the actors in tact, and maybe most of the same voices. For example, wouldn't be kewl to see Boba Fett move the same way Jango did in Episode II? And the Final confrontation of Vader and Luke to mirror the duel between Obi-wan and Anakin in Episode III. New scenes could tie in the saga in ways that is not possible right now. Im sure people have tons of ideas of small scenes here and there that could be added starting w/ episode I all the way up to VI. So let's hear them...

And for those of you that would hate this if it was done, I'd still like to hear what you'd like to see shown.

DamonD edit : This is a Saga issue, it's not specific to CT.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "And for those of you that would hate this if it was done, I'd still like to hear what you'd like to see shown."

I'd hate any major changes, and wouldn't like to see any of the films completely re-done in 100% CG.

3. The_Battle_For_Endor

The_Battle_For_Endor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Why would you want Vader Vs. Luke II to mirror Obi Vs. Anakin???

1. You haven't seen Obi Vs. Anakin yet.

2. If you mean fast and with cool jumps etc. then your missing the point.

4. Bri-Nic

Bri-Nic Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    Part of what made the trilogy so successful was the actor's performances. It would be very difficult to recreate Harrison Ford's swagger or facial expressions, or the serenity of Obi-Wan. Lucas would never do this anyway ... he would actually have to direct every shot which he hates. He needs actors. Did you watch the puppets to pixels documentary, it took 12 takes to get a reasonable Yoda to say "Begun, this clone war has" and it ended up being just good enough. The actors help make the material accessible. That was part of the failure of Final Fantasy, nobody cared about the characters because they were wooden, although they almost looked real.

If you're going to redo it for whatever reason ... have another filmmaker do an interpretation and mix some things up. Better yet, leave it alone and continue the saga post ROTJ? You can do anything if you ignore the eu.

5. Darkenedsuperman

Oct 14, 2004
    Why would you want Vader Vs. Luke II to mirror Obi Vs. Anakin???

1. You haven't seen Obi Vs. Anakin yet.

2. If you mean fast and with cool jumps etc. then your missing the point.

Im sure most people would agree you wouldn't have to see the Obi-wan Vader duel to know its gonna be worth watching. And about me missing the point, I should of called it the misguided point of view thread i guess. Just goes back to my point on why the OT duels are the way they are....choreaography, or lack of martial arts based choreaography. Plain and simple.

Here's what i said on another post

And about Vader being old and mechanical, those are excuses. Count Dooku wasn't a teenager (in Episode II), and he wasn't a weakling. Yoda is like somewhere in the 900 yr catergoy i think, I know he's not human but his body appears old. That didn't slow him down a bit.With the PT its been proven (at least IMO) that the Force determines how fast you move more than your age does. And about Vader's being half mechanical... The whole saga is based around futuristic technology. Are we really suppose to buy that Vaders mechanical side is such a huge weaknes? I don't see how loosing limbs could affect his strength in the force since yoda says that we are luminous beings not crude matter. So his strength in the force couldn't of diminished. Everyone must remember that the agility of the jedi comes from the force. So you can't say Darth Maul was just fast cuz he worked out and trained. And you can't say Vader couldn't move cuz his body was old and weak.

I aggree w/ what PLURIMUS said about the rotoscoping technology and Lucas getting Prowse and Guiness to do back flips if he could have...etc We won't know till Lucas some day in his never ending quest for new technology remakes all 6 w/ everything in CGI (i might be saying that wrong but something like the Final Fantasy movie just alot cleaner looking.) Just think about all the meaning behind the OT Duels. And imagine the CGI OT and PT done in numerical order, after watching whats considered one of the best duels in Episode III, and after that in Episode IV we see has been jedi and a mechanical old man barely have fight (by todays standards i mean). He would have to redo their fight to add a lil more to it, and then just come to the fans and say "After the PT trilogy I decided my vision was only half done." Sounds like GL to me. Im sure he'd make Luke battle w/ Vader in ROTJ somewhat resemble Anakins battle w/ Obi-wan, since the saga is suppose to mirror itself.

I've seen/heard the quote on the Episode I where GL talks about the Jedi in their prime, and the OT featuring Old men, and kids..etc. Why are the Jedi in their prime though? Is it because there are so many of them, and because the jedi council was arround? I can understand him meaning that they were at the peak of their influence in the galaxy, but not their power in the force. Obviously in the OT only Yoday, Obi-wan and Luke are around, but that doesn't mean one of them can't be as powerful as anyone in the PT. Same goes for Vader. Older always doesn't mean weaker (well it does to our generations). The sad reality is that GL wanted us to accept the new trilogy so he said things to try and make the PT as important as the OT which time could prove to do(I might be speaking to soon we'll know next may)

As far as actors perfomance, and how long it took to shoot that Yoda scene. Thats now, not in 10yrs. Look how far CG has come since 1994.

I find you Lack of Faith Disturbing.

6. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    "Here we go again." C-3PO, Return of the Jedi

[face_plain]

7. Darkenedsuperman

Oct 14, 2004
    BauconBatista --- LoL

I guess i should note Im not trying to come off as if im trying to challenge or insult anyone. I simply wanted people's ideas....

8. sabo-wan

sabo-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2001
    Honestly, I hope the saga is never remade in my lifetime, but I don't doubt that it will happen...after Lucas dies. I don't think he will let anyone touch his work while he is still with us, but once the bearded one has become "one with the Force," we don't really know what will happen to Lucasfilm or what his children will decide to do with Lucas' estate. It isn't completely unfathomable that they will allow remakes to be made at some distant point in the future.

On one hand, I would be interested to see them; on the other, I'm sure I would probably pick them to shreds, having loved the originals so much. If nothing else, we'll probably get remakes of the films once all the copyright renewals expire a century or so from now and the saga becomes public domain. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.