main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Star Wars Ottawa Fan Club

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Minder, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    If your part of the Star Wars Ottawa Fan Club, drop in and say Hi.

Feel free to post anything you like.

2. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Woohoo, Ottawa boards!

Anywho, hi... I'm Rebecca, and I'm a 2nd year at UOttawa. I'm not sure how many events I can make it to, but I'll try hard to make it to at least the costuming events, since that's the main thing I fan over with Star Wars. :p

3. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Well your in the right place for that. Most of us so far are HUGE costumers.

Welcome :)

4. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Hello Dudes and Dudettes. First off, I don't actually talk like a surfer, sorry to disappoint. I'm 18 and I'm attending Carleton, but I live in Kanata. I made some icons a ways back for this, I think they're stuck in one of the threads still. I have no talents except Photoshopping things, so if there's a graphic need, I'm here for ya :p

5. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    hey hey im here...Just make sure you give me enough of a notice for meetings and I'll will do my darnest to be there.

6. la_goddess

la_goddess Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    Hey Minder, I figured I'd better get my butt in here before you deleted me. :p

er...I'm Minder's friend...I will likely make some kind female costume sans-lightsaber or make-up, but we'll see.

7. OBN_Kenobi

OBN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    Hi all,

I'm here in Ottawa and I'm not big into costuming but I DO have a particular talent - I airbrush stuff. I'm a big time model builder and I can paint almost anything with my trusty Paashe. Since I'm big on plastic, I figure that building props and such could be do-able. Minder has plans for all sorts of stuff... Can't wait!

8. Minder

May 28, 2002
    We take all kinds here. As long as you like Star Wars and come out to the meetings then your in!

Welcome la_goddess and OBN_Kenobi glad you finally decided to show up :p

9. OBN_Kenobi

Nov 14, 2005
    Like my Icon (GLEE!)

10. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    I'm Jer, I live in Manotick and rarely look at these forums. Will be happy to take part in any Star Wars activities in Ottawa. I do WW2 reenacting so I have the dress up attitude already. I own a Sith Cloak like the Emperor's which I call my $300 bed sheet/bath robe, still can't believe I bought it so I hope I'll get some use out of it here :)

11. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Get yourself some Emporer makeup and a light saber your set :)

12. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    I don't need make up for that ;)

13. BH-1905

BH-1905 Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2005
    I guess I'll chime in. I'm a local Ottawa Boba Fett.... Anyone see us in the Santa Claude Parade on Nov 19th?

BH-1905

14. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey there BH-1905. I think I know you [face_whistling] I saw you! Wait a sec, you were right in front of me, beside me and beinde me!! Just kidding!! The parade was great!! NEct time though, we will enter earlier!!

Eli - VaderFanForever

15. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Hey guys. I just wanted to say GREAT job on the weekend. Its really nice to see Star Wars fans giving to the community like you guys!!

16. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Thanks Minder!

I got an email from the 501st about a Christmas parade out in BC over the weekend. This is what it said:

Now, that is crazy! I can't belieeve that the parade officals can't have a little fun!! I mean come on!!

Minder, thanks for the commliment! it is good to know that we are appreciated in our community!

Eli - VaderFanForever

17. OBN_Kenobi

Nov 14, 2005
    Hmmm. Being a Storm trooper would be nice...

Just how hard is it to make such a costume?

18. Minder

May 28, 2002
    OBN_Kenobi There is a Trooper or 2 kicking around here, Im sure they can answer that.

Vader --- Thats just sad :(
    I personally thing that there are just some people out there who complain just to exercise power over decent people, and they dont care who they hurt.

19. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Hey OBN_Kenobi how are you at free form sculpting? I need help with a set of Maul horns. I dont like 2 of my current ones.

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    OBN_Kenobi, look on eBay for sets of Stormtrooper armor. They usually run about $500 or so, not too bad considering what youare getting. You will then probably have to look for a blaster and boots. Those too can be found on ebay as well. I really hope you do this, because we could use another trooper or to in the group!

21. Minder

May 28, 2002
    I have a Blaster that I started but put off to finish my Darth Maul robes, that when painted looks amazingly realistic. I know this because I carried the Brownning / Sterling Sub Machiene Gun (Which the ANH Blaster was) while I was in the Army.
    you can find the tutorial here http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=104

its amazingly good.

22. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Rob, how are the Maul robes coming?

23. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Almost done. (im like that)

Im just doing the Combat robes for now, because they are much more interesting, to look at, and the over robe would just hide them.

I just got some GREAT shots of the back of the belt. Im going to do a Prototype out of the Pleather I have for now, but I know a leather retailer in town where I can get the materials I need when I get it done. Same with the Gloves (but im still checking the Bike stores)

I should be basically complete by this weekend. The only thing that is still outstanding is fixing those 2 horns.

24. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Sounds great! Send me some pics when you are done.

So...are you shaving your head? Or are you doing a bald cap?

Also, what are you doing about a Maul lightsaber?

Eli

25. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Im actually building one, however after exhaustive research I find that the one I have is actually screen accurate.

Im gonna try a Bald cap, but if I dont like it I have no difficulty shaving my head.

On another note, we really need to plan a Fan Force meeting. We need 3 to become official!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.