main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Star Wars Parody Screening At the Crest

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediDarkNight, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    This is an announcement originally from the Sacramento Geeks Meetup group that Fantastic Frontiers sci fi/fantasy group is a part of. It concerns a Star Wars parody film screening that's coming up. Thought some of us might be interested (I know I am and am going! I'm probably going to go to the earlier screening) The director of this parody is a very funny man who has come out with some although obscure, very funny movies, many of them shorts. I strongly recommend going to this one; you'll fall out'a your seats laughing your breath away! [face_laugh]

--JediDarkNight

Announcing a new Meetup for Sacramento Geeks Meetup Group (www.sacgeeks.com)!

What: Hardware Wars & short films (w/ Ernie Fosselius, writer/director) (2 screenings)

When: June 4, 2009 5:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: Hardware Wars 30th Anniversary Screening + Short Film w/ Mr. Lobo & Ernie Fosselius and DVD Signing:

Apprehensive Films presents two screenings of Hardware Wars, arguably the most successful short-film of all time, at The Crest Theatre. It takes place on June 4th at 1013 K Street, downtown Sacramento.

Writer-Director Ernie Fosselius will be in attendance.

Show times are at 5:30pm and 8pm.

The program also includes over an hour of Ernie Fosselius? other world famous short films. Some of the films include The Hindenburger, Jiffy Repair Pal, Carpool Detective, Taxi-dermist and the all new Plan 9.1! The show will be hosted by Cinema Insomnia?s Mr. Lobo.

In addition to the Crest Theatre screening, Stage Nine in Folsom will be hosting a DVD signing of Hardware Wars with Ernie Fosselius on June 5th from 4:30pm to 8pm. Come meet Ernie Fosselius in person and pick up a DVD of Hardware Wars, Porklips Now or Plan 9.1 at 705 Sutter Street in Folsom.

Follow the adventures of Fluke Starbucker, Arty Deco, Ham Salad and the rest of the Red Eye Knights in this spectacle that was light years ahead of it's time. Hardware Wars is the original Star Wars parody! Before the Robot Chicken Parody, Before the Family Guy Parody... Way Way Before.

"Hardware Wars won over 15 first place film festival awards, including the award for Most Popular Short Film at the Chicago Film Festival. It is considered to be the most profitable short film of all time, grossing US $1,000,000 as compared to its paltry US $8,000 budget (a much better profit ratio than Star Wars itself). George Lucas said in a 1999 interview on the UK's Big Breakfast TV show that Hardware Wars was his favorite Star Wars parody." The Official Hardware Wars Wikipedia Page.

The 30th Anniversary Hardware Wars DVD will be available at the show and contains over an hour of great content including the Original Uncut Film with newly restored wires and strings, Director's Commentary, Creature Features Interviews with Bob Wilkins and much much more. If you can?t make it to the show or the DVD signing pick a DVD up at any Dimple Records location, R5 Records or The Beat.

Contact Information:
    Jonathan Morken (Apprehensive Films)
    916-880-4025, afcinema@yahoo.com www.afcinema.net

The Crest: www.TheCrest.com, 916-44-CREST

Stage Nine in Folsom
    Mike Jimena 916-353-1001, www.StageNineFolsom.com

Learn more here:
    http://www.meetup.com/sac-geeks/calendar/10307008/

2. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Thanks DarkKnight! I was gonna post this when I got home.
    This is gonna be a fun event. Mr. Lobo & Ernie have asked me to coordinate with the other groups for this exciting evening at the ole Crest. This summer will be action packed, I've been contacted for a couple parades this & next month & a lil some-some for the Fourth. Since I'm pretending to work, I should get back to it. I'll check in at lunch or linner & post events when I get home.
    Vos

3. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh wow, Hardware Wars is so funny, I remember as a kid they used to show it on HBO!!! I loved it then and love it now! Ham Salad and his sidekick Chinchilla the Wookiee Monster!!! I think I'll have to come check that out!

~DZ

4. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Man, I'm kind of bummed, I have to miss this! I'm going camping/shooting with my Dad and his buddies that weekend and we leave that morning. Oh well, I'm sure those who attend will have a great time and if you have never seen Hardware Wars you're in for a treat!

"Remeber, if you can't be good, be careful!" - Auggie Ben Doggie :D

~DZ

5. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    That's really neat! Yeah, I think it's going to be one busy summer for me too, but fun!

--JediDarkNight

6. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Well it's too bad you'll have to miss this one Darth Zamog. :(

But I believe there's another signing event on another the day (see announcement on this thread) and you can get the 30th Anniversary dvd release at select stores in the area (Sacramento, also see announcement on this thread).

I Hope you and your dad and his friends will have a great time camping!

--JediDarkNight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.