main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars - Part 2 (AU - Luke is not the son of Vader) Last update 12/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dog-Gon_Jinn, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Dog-Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    The events in this story take place following the original Star Wars storyline but follow a completely different arc with different familial relations. The main difference is that Vader is not Luke's father and Leia is not Luke's sister.

STAR WARS - PART 2

"...more powerful than you could possibly imagine." Those words echoed in the mind of Darth Vader. His former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi had surrendered his life to the Force as Vader stuck him down. He had joined the Force, and through this, he had helped the rebel pilot destroy the Death Star. The Death Star had been a technological monstrosity, but it had served its purpose, however briefly. It had snuffed out the life of Alderaan and its inhabitants and it had helped the Empire find the location of the Rebel Base. It was the will of the Force though, that had led to the destruction of the Death Star. He would pay dearly for this when the news reached his master, the Emperor. He would make the rebel pilot pay for this.

After he made his way to back to his Star Destroyer, the Executor, tracking the rebel pilot was not a problem for the Dark Lord of the Sith. He knew the location of the Rebel Base. The rebels felt safe for now and had not yet evacuated the base. This mission though was personal; he did not want the full might of the Empire to crush the rebels just yet. He wanted to deal with this pilot that the force was with so strongly. When he was pursuing the pilot down the trench of the Death Star, he felt the presence of the Force quite strongly coming from him. No doubt it was Obi-Wan's presence with the pilot that he had felt as well.

Vader landed his shuttle outside of the sensors of the Rebels on Yavin IV and made his way to an ancient Sith Temple. From there, he called to the pilot with the Force. He did not know his name, but his presence shone out to him like a bright star in the night sky. He would come, and he would be waiting for him.

Luke, relaxing in his quarters, felt a sensation in his mind. It was very similar to the time he had heard Obi-Wan telling him to "run Luke, run!" This was different though. He did not hear a voice in his head as much as he heard a call. He was being called somewhere, and he felt that he had to follow this call. He checked out a speeder from the base and followed the call from the Force. It lead him to an ancient temple deep in the jungle, some 200 klicks from the base. The call was quite strong now; he knew that what was calling him was very near. He felt apprehensive, but also felt that he had to follow.

Vader waited in the shadows inside the antechamber of the temple. The pilot was almost within his sight. As he rounded the corner, Vader sprung his trap and blocked the pilot's only path of escape. "I have been waiting for you young one".

Luke jumped at the sound of the stone dropping and blocking his escape. His feeling of dread turned to outright fear has he heard the mechanical breathing of Darth Vader. It was a trap! Luke reached for his lightsaber and ignited the blade.

"I see you carry the weapon of a Jedi Knight, yet you are not a Jedi" said Vader.

"I carry my father's lightsaber" said Luke. "I will be a Jedi one day".

"Your father's lightsaber? So your father was a Jedi? That would explain much about you."

"My father was Anakin Skywalker. He was a powerful Jedi, and you killed him as you killed Obi-Wan."

"Anakin was a fool, boy. He refused my offer to join with me to serve the true power of the Force. He was weak and died needlessly. The force is strong with you though, if your father would not join me than perhaps you will."

"I'll never join you, murderer!" With that, Luke swung his lightsaber in a great arc at the helmet of Darth Vader. Vader, expecting this attack, quickly ignited his blade and easily parried the attack.

"Don't be a fool, son of Skywalker. Don't make me destroy you as I did your father". Luke swung again and Vader again, easily dodged the attack. Luke was no threat to him. A simple wave of his hand and Luke was thrown against a wall. "Join wi

2. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    ?Where am I?, thought Luke. He did not feel anything. No, that was not quite correct, he sensed much around him, but he did not quite see anything. It was like the whole of the universe was there with him, and yet, not there.

?You have become one with the Force.? It was the voice of Obi-Wan, if it could be described as a voice. It was more like he felt Obi-Wan tell him more than he heard Obi-Wan tell him.

Luke remembered now. He was fighting Darth Vader, and losing. Luke was not a Jedi and he stood no chance against a fully trained Sith Lord. When he had heard/felt Obi-Wan telling him to ?Let go?, it was as if a switch had been thrown in his mind. He knew that he would have to let go of his mortal existence and become one with the Force. It would be the only way he would be able to defeat Vader and his master. Doing it was surprisingly easy, once he understood what he had to do.

A luminous figure appeared before him and took on the form of his mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi. ?Welcome Luke, it is time to complete your training.? With that statement, several other luminous forms appeared before him and took on the shapes of Jedi Masters, long past.

Darth Vader knelt before the holoimage of his master, the Emperor. ?I have done your bidding, my master. The one I told you about, the young pilot who was strong with the Force, the one the Force led to destroy the Death Star, he is no more.?

"Excellent" said the Emperor's image from his throne. ?Is there something else you wish to inform me?? The Emperor still had said nothing about the destruction of the Death Star to him, but his tone was clear.

Vader hesitated for a moment. ?He was the son of the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker?.

?I know. I foresaw that the son of Skywalker might be a threat to us one day, be we have eliminated that threat like we eliminated Alderaan.?

?Yes my master, we have?.

?Do I sense a feeling of loss from you Vader? The name Skywalker should have no meaning to you anymore. You left the life of a Jedi behind many years ago. Kenobi is dead. The son of Skywalker is dead. The fire of the Jedi has gone out from the galaxy forever.?

?It is as you say, my master?

?Return to Coruscant Lord Vader, we have matters to discuss. We shall soon be delivering the death blow to the rebellion once and for all, but there are matters of the Sith that need to be dealt with.?

?Yes, my master.? The holoimage of the Emperor faded. Vader stood, and chose to return to his meditation chamber aboard the Executor. He was troubled, and needed to clear his thoughts. The name of Anakin Skywalker brought back many memories to him. Anakin had been like a brother.

Luke had learned so much in such a short time, if time indeed had any meaning here. By communing with so many Jedi Masters past, he learned the true meaning of the Force. Obi-Wan had described the Force as ?an energy field that gives a Jedi his power?. Master Qui-Gon Jinn, who had been his father?s master, told him that ?Life creates the Force? and that by focusing a person could tap into this ?Force of life?, or that the Force could tap into a person, if they allowed it. That was how the Force could respond to you and control your actions at the same time. Master Yoda, who had been Obi-Wan?s master, told him about the light and the dark side of the Force. The light side was stronger, but took more time to master. The Dark side responded quicker and easier. ?Anger, fear, aggression, these are the tools of the Dark side of the Force? Master Yoda had taught him. From Master Windu, he had learned about the lightsaber. He told him that a Jedi and his lightsaber were one that they were bound together. Anyone could wield a lightsaber, but only a Jedi could truly master it.

There were other Jedi present. Master Ki-Adi Mundi and Master Adi Gallia offered their insights in the nature of conflict. Master Jocasta Nu, taught him much history of the Jedi. All of this he learned quickly by contacting the mind of the Jedi Masters. It was as if a floodgate of learning was opened to him, and he

3. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    ?Han, have you seen Luke?? asked Leia.

?He took off a few hours ago, something about a patrol? said Han Solo. He and his first mate Chewbacca were again making repairs to the Falcon. He had agreed to stay and aid in the evacuation of the Rebel base on Yavin IV, and there was always work to be done on the Falcon.

?I know about the patrol, Han? replied Leia. ?He has not checked in since he reached the southern temples, and that was 3 hours ago.?

?The kid can handle himself Leia, he?ll be fine.?

?I don?t know Han, I feel like something is wrong. It?s not like him not to check in?

Han looked at the Princess and saw the concern in her face. He knew what he had to do. ?Ok then, what do you say we take a shuttle and go see if we can find Luke. Chewie can handle this work by himself, can?t you??

?Rhoaaaraaar? came the Wookie?s reply.

?I?ll go get his droids, they might be helpful? said Leia. Still fearful, she was at least glad to be doing something.

They found Luke?s speeder where he ad left it outside the temple. Leia?s sense of unease grew as they followed his trail inside. ?LUKE!? she called out. ?LUKE??

The short blue and white droid R2-D2 extended a sensor dish from his top dome. He chirped excitedly.

C-3PO, R2?s counterpart translated for him. ?R2-D2 says that he does not detect Master Luke anywhere in the temple, but that he is getting a reading from something in that antechamber?

?Well lead the way then, R2? said Han.

R2 retracted the sensor dish from his dome and extended a light and rolled into the antechamber. His light illuminated the entire room. The little droid stopped in one spot and again, chirped loudly.

?He said that he has found something, but he does not think it is good. He has found a biological trace of Master Luke, blood, I am afraid.?

R2 let out a low plaintive mechanical sigh. If it were possible for the little droid to sound depressed, he did.

Han called out to the Princess. ?Over here, I?ve found something? he said. He held up piece of black cloth.

Leia blanched. She understood her feelings of dread as she entered the temple ?Vader. Darth Vader was here. I can feel it. Luke is dead.?

4. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    In his meditation chamber, Vader recalled the events of the past. Chancellor Palpatine first approached him after the Naboo mission, after he had defeated Darth Maul.

?I see great things in your future Vader K?Toth. We will watch your career with great interest. Please come see me when you are recovered from your injuries.?

A week later, with his mechanical arm attached and the artificial skin covering it, he came to see the Chancellor.

?Come in Master Jedi, come in. How is the new arm?? asked the Chancellor.

?It feels strange, but I am healing?

?Excellent. Master Jedi?Vader?may I call you Vader??

?Of course your Excellency?

?Vader, I have a mission for you, a private investigation as it were, that I would like you to conduct. However, I need this to be done in secrecy, no one must know, not even the Jedi Council.

?Why is that?? Vader asked.

?Well, you see, the Jedi? the Chancellor paused and thought, ?well the Jedi have the code that they must follow, and this might possibly fall outside of the Jedi code. I sense though that you may not have a problem in skirting around the code though, for the good of the Republic of course.?

?What do you need me to do, for the good of the Republic??

What the Chancellor needed initially was information. There were rumors of cloning operations going operating on Kamino. Cloning was not illegal by Republic law, but generally only of animals and medical research purposes. Supposedly the Kaminoans were working with the separatists in building an army. Vader was instructed to find out what was going on and relay that information to the Chancellor immediately.

When Vader arrived on Kamino, he did indeed find a cloning operation taking place. There was a large army being cloned, but much of the army had already been deployed to a training location in another sector. He contacted the Chancellor and relayed this information.

The hologram of the Chancellor flickered to life on the comm pad. Vader informed him of what he found. ?That is disturbing news indeed.?

?What would you like me to do, your Excellency?? Vader asked.

?Master Jedi, I need this cloning operation shut down. Please take whatever actions you deem necessary to do this, for the good of the Republic, of course.?

The Jedi were not supposed to kill, unless absolutely necessary. Master Yoda had once taught him that the Force was used for defense, never for attack. This however, was in the defense of the Republic. The separatists were building an army, and it was up to him to shut down the operations. ?For the good of the Republic?. The Chancellor?s words echoed in his head. ?Take whatever actions you deem necessary?.

As he went about his destruction, Vader felt as he had never felt before. It was easy for him and the Force seemed to be responding quickly and easily, as it never had before. Many Kaminoans and clones died by his hand, but he felt justified, as it was being done ?for the good of the Republic?. Afterwards he was not tired, but exhilarated, unlike he had every felt after a mission. The Chancellor seemed very pleased after his report of the destruction, but he was still concerned by the existing clone forces.

5. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    Leia and Han raced back to the Rebellion base in silence. They had both become quite fond of Luke in the brief time they had all known each other. They had to put those feelings aside now. The secret elimination of Luke Skywalker most likely meant not just that the Empire was mobilizing, but they wanted to make sure key players were removed before the plan proceeded. Luke had been an excellent pilot and one of the few remaining at this based since the Death Star battle.

Leia found General Dodonna and broke the news to him. ?General, I feel that we need to evacuate this base immediately. This action had caught us off guard and I feel that if we linger any longer, we will be trapped.?

?Agreed, your Highness? said the general. ?Fortunately we have been preparing to evacuate. We will simply step up our efforts.? The general turned to a base commander. ?Commander, what is the soonest we can evacuate, without leaving too much behind??

?At the least, a week, I would say.?

?A week!? exclaimed Leia. ?Darth Vader himself was here not 4 hours ago, killing one of our most talented pilots, and you are saying we cannot be out of here for at least a week? We don?t have that kind of time Commander. The Empire could be upon us at any time??

?Now Princess,? started General Dodonna, ?our spies have reported little activity in the Empire?s forces. We dealt them a harsh blow when we destroyed the Death Star. They are regrouping their forces right now. I doubt they are planning a major offensive just yet.?

?We are at risk General. Darth Vader himself was her and we did not know it!?

?Yes Princess, he was here by himself, apparently to settle a personal vendetta with Skywalker. If there was to be an attack, it would have happened during that time, but it didn?t. Yes, we are at risk, but the risk is not as great as you would believe. We will evacuate the base as soon as possible and meet up with the rest of the fleet.?

?I am unwilling to take that risk General, but I am willing to make a compromise. There are those that are ready to evacuate immediately, correct?

?Yes, some of the supporting staff and maintenance crew and some of supporting ships are ready, the X-Wings?.the bulk of operations though??

Leia cut him off. ?General, here is what I propose. I am not willing to risk any more people than we can. Let those who are ready to leave, evacuate now. I will lead this first stage evacuation myself. We will meet up with the Mon Calamari fleet and Mon Mothma?s flagship in the Sullust system. I will take a supporting squad of X-Wings and leave the rest with you. You will follow with the rest of the forces here as soon as possible.?

The General sighed; there was really no point in arguing here. She was very much like her late father, very stubborn. ?Agreed your highness, I will give the command. May the Force be with you.?

Leia left and found her way to Han Solo. ?Han, how soon can the Falcon be ready??

6. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    Vader's meditations in his chamber continue.

When Vader returned, the Chancellor again met with him. ?Tomorrow, I will announce your findings to the Republic Senate. I will of course leave your name out, but I will let them know we need to counter the growing threat of the separatists with our own cloned army. We are a peaceful Republic and rely on the Jedi as a peacekeeping force, but they cannot counter an army of this size.?

?I understand your Excellency; please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.?

A week later, Vader was again summoned to meet with the Chancellor. ?Vader, as you have heard, there is dissent in the senate. Some senators do not agree with the creation of a cloned army, and I am facing resistance.?

?Indeed. What is it that I can do for you?? asked Vader.

?Well, what I would like from you is what the Jedi position on the Clone army is. You see, there is a growing decay in the Republic. Many senators are dragging down the march of progress with procedures and inquests. I fear also that they may have support on the Jedi Council. I can deal with the senators in question, but I need someone inside the Jedi who I know I can trust. You have shown me that you can be trusted, and you will be rewarded for your loyalty of course. Simply keep me apprised of what is going on, particularly about the creation of a Republic clone army.?

?I can tell you that already your Excellency. They are against it. At least the council is. They feel that the Force creates life and that life creates the Force. They feel that the creation of clones goes against the will of the Force. Not all Jedi agree, but that is the opinion of the Council.?

?And how do you know this?? the Chancellor queried.

?My friend and fellow Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, we talk. His master from when he was a Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn is on the Council.?

?And how do you feel about this, Vader??

?I feel that the Council too is growing complacent. There has been peace for so long that they do not know how to handle conflict. I would support a cloned army, with some Jedi commanders.?

?I see. Well, yes then. Please, just keep me advised. I will deal with the senate in my own way.?

Later, Vader was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Chancellor?s Grand Army proposal had been approved. Apparently several senators had either resigned or had a change of heart. Cloning operations would begin immediately.

As the months went by, while the cloning and training of the army proceeded, Vader became increasingly dissatisfied with this role as a Jedi. It seemed that all the Jedi missions he were going on were mediation missions, settling trade disputes or minor political squabbles. His secret missions from the Chancellor though, were much more action oriented, which he found himself relishing in. Agressive negoiations he thought of them. Secret destructions of remote facilities, information gathering, and a political assassination. This concerned Vader, but he convinced himself that it was for the ?Good of the Republic and for the Galaxy?.

During the actual ?Clone Wars? as they became to be known, he found himself leading clone troops into battle. Many Jedi were made generals in the war. His own master, Obi-Wan Kenobi was had his forces based out of the Planet Alderaan. Anakin?s forces were based out of Naboo, and his were based out of Geonosis. Ultimately, the Republic forces were victorious, and the separatists were defeated. But there were some in the Republic that felt that the Republic?s forces had gone too far. Some planets had been virtually sterilized. Vader disagreed. All for the good of the Republic and the galaxy.

7. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    ?So why am I here?? Luke asked of Obi-Wan. ?I have learned much from the Jedi Masters, but to what end??

?Luke, there is still much for to learn. A Jedi that has willingly given his existence to become one with the Force, as you and I have done, and many of the other Jedi masters did, can still interact with the, how shall we put it?the ?mortal? world. For instance, you know that I guided you and was with you during your attack on the Death Star.?

?Yes, that is true. I heard, or rather, felt you, with me.?

?When a Jedi uses the Force, he is using the experiences and capabilities of those that have gone before him; he is using what was at one time called ?The Force of Others?. Sometimes it is overt, like I was with you. Other times, it is simply and unfelt guiding hand. The Force also allows a form of communication between those that are particularly strong with the Force. You felt a call to the temple through the Force, and it led you to Darth Vader. When Alderaan was destroyed, I felt a great pain from the Force.?

?Yes, I remember. But that does not explain why I am here. What purpose do I serve here??

?Luke, do you see me? Do you sense my physical presence??

?Yes, I do.?

?And the other Jedi, Master Yoda, Master Windu, Master Qui-Gon?did you see them as well??

?I did.?

?And they saw you as well. However, you have no physical form here. Master Yoda once told me that we were ?Luminous beings, not crude physical matter?. Yet, we can see and interact with each other here, for a time. There have been other Jedi Masters here, but not all have maintained their forms. Do you know why they are here, whey they have maintained their physical forms? They are here for you, Luke.?

?Me? Why me??
    ?Because you Luke, you are the only one that may be able to end destructive conflict. That is why you have been trained here, so that you face Darth Vader and his master, the Emperor Darth Sideous.?

?How can I do that, I?m just one person, and I?m?.dead?aren?t I??

?No Luke. You have become one with the Force, but you are not dead.?

?I?m not??

?Luke, among all those that have gone before you, you have the most Force potential that has even been encountered. We knew this when you were born, and we knew that you had to be protected, that is why your mother gave me to you to hide and I took you to Tattooine. I chose Tattooine for many reasons. I had family there, and it was very remote, generally outside of the care of the Empire. It was viewed as a backwater and largely unimportant planet. It was also the home of Darth Vader and a place of painful memories for him. I knew you would be safe there, for a time. It was my plan all along to train you when you were old enough to leave your adopted family. The actions of the Empire forced us into action sooner though. The Force guided us to the Death Star, and led you to destroy it. It is the will of the Force that you are to be the one that brings about the end of the Empire and of the Sith.?

?How am I to do that? What am I to do??

?That I do not know Luke. The Force will guide you though, once you make your journey back to the physical world.?

?Back?? Luke was stunned. ?Back? How can I do that??

Another form appeared from the void.

?Tell you, we cannot. Find a the way, you must.? It was Master Yoda. ?Told you, no one did, how to become one with the Force, but do it you did. What you did, you must undo now, but take with you, your learning, you will.?

Luke pondered this. When he surrendered his physical being to the Force, it was almost instinctive, simply did it. Could he bring himself back to the physical world in the same way? ?Will you still be with me, Obi-Wan?? he asked.

?No Luke, I will not. I will not be able to assume a physical form like you, nor will I be able to talk to you overtly, as I have before.?

?Why not??

?Because, young Jedi,? answered Yoda, ?to the Force, we are surrendering. For much time have we waited for you. Maintain our being, we have, but forever, we cannot do this. Already, many ma

8. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    In his meditations, Vader was again summoned to meet with the Chancellor.

?Vader, are you aware that there have been those that have left the Jedi order??

?Yes, of course. Not all who train are successful, and there have been those that have retired from active duty, or who have become dissatisfied.?

?Indeed. Do you know that I once trained to be a Jedi??

?Really sir?" I was unaware. When was this??

?Oh it was many years ago. I am much older than I look Vader. I was a Padawan apprentice, but I voluntarily left the order. It was not the life meant for me. The Force though, that was always important to me, to use that greater power, to stay in contact with the Force. I did find another way. What do you know of the Sith??

Vader hesitated. The Sith represented the Dark side of the Force, what the Jedi stood opposed to. He also knew that the Sith had been virtually extinct for several hundred years. A few remained here and there, but they posed no real risk to the Jedi. ?The Sith sir?" They stand opposed to the Jedi and the Jedi have all but eliminated them and their teachings.?

?Yes, so you were told. What would you say if I told you everything you knew about the Sith was wrong??

?Wrong sir??

?Yes Vader, wrong. The Sith were not evil as the Jedi would lead you to believe, they simply saw things differently. There are many paths to the Force, the Sith simply followed a different one from the Jedi, one that responded quickly, and with more power. The Sith sought order where the Jedi simply sough peace, and for that they were hunted down. Does that sound right to you??

?I don?t know, sir. I am confused, I thought the Sith were all eliminated??

?No, Vader, they were not. They remain, not in great number, but they remain.?

?They do sir??

?Yes Vader, we do. Allow me to introduce you to an associate of mine.? The Chancellor called out to someone. Lord Tyrannus, will you and your apprentice please come in??

A hidden door opened and in walked a tall imposing figure of a man. He recalled him, it was the Sith known as Darth Tyrannus. Behind him, was a younger man with a deadly look on his face. ?Vader, allow me to re-introduce to you Lord Darth Tyrannus and to his apprentice, Darth Bane. Vader, we need your help.?

Vader stood up as if to leave. ?Do not leave Vader?, said Tyrannus, ?not until you have heard our side. Lord Sidious, may I??

The story they laid out to him made sense to him. Order was what was important. Peace can only be achieved through order, and the Sith sought order above all else. They explained to him that he had already been using the tenants of the Sith and using the Dark Side of the Force, whether he realized it or not. It all fell into place for Vader, this was where he needed to be, this was the path he was meant to follow, and order is what was needed by the Republic. This was the will of the Force for him.

?Will you join us, Vader? Will you help us bring Order to the Galaxy? Asked the Chancellor.

?Yes, I will?.

?Excellent. There is one last thing we need you to do before you can join us. The Jedi. They are all that stands between us and order. We need eliminate them as a threat to us. Are you willing to do this??

?Yes, but may I try to bring someone over with me??

?Yes, but I warn you, it will be difficult. The corruption of the Republic has affected the Jedi order as well. They are weak, and I doubt you will be able to convince anyone to join you.?

?There is only one person?and he is like a brother to me.?

9. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000

Princess Leia, onboard the Millennium Falcon, lead the partial rebel evacuation fleet away from Yavin IV. The fleet consisted mainly of the half of the base crew, medical staff, cargo vessels and a squadron of X-Wings as support. While Yavin IV had been a major command and operating base, it was not the entirety of the Rebellion. Its main purpose was the staging point of the Death Star attack. The rebellion had known the location of the Death Star, and had been staging there waiting for the plans the princess have brought to them. They were originally going to bring the fight to the Death Star, but the Force had brought the fight to them. The point was though, that the Empire new the location of the base, and they could not stay there any longer than necessary. The Empire had many tools at their disposal.

The flight, fortunately, was uneventful. Maybe she had been overly paranoid, Leia thought to herself. Though after what she had been through, she was unwilling to take any chances. The Sullust system was on the outer rim of the Galaxy, near to a trinary star system that emitted a peculiar theta-band signal that effectively masked of the area from sensors. In short, unless you were near the Sullust System, you could not see the Sullust system. It made for an effective, if remote, base of operations.

The Mon Calimari were a recent addition to the Rebellion. Their world had been under the rule of the Empire for many years, for the planet was rich in resources and was renowned for its shipyards. They had freed themselves from the yoke of Imperial oppression when a brilliant commander, Ackbar, aided by the Rebel forces, led his people and droved the Imperial forces off the planet and out of the system. The cost had been high, but such was the price of freedom. Ackbar had been made an admiral of the fleet, and was there with Mon Mothma, the titular head of the rebellion, when Leia and her fleet arrived

The Millennium Falcon landed in the bay of the flagship and extended its ramp. Leia was the first off the ship, followed by Han, Chewbacca and the two droids. They walked forward to the waiting reception party. ?Princess Leia,? began Mon Mothma, ?It is so good to see you. News of the destruction of the Death Star has reached us, and we rejoice in your victory with you.?

?Yes, it was a great victory, considering the tragedies that had befallen us. Mon Mothma, may I introduce to you Captain Han Solo of the Millennium Falcon and his First Mate Chewbacca. They were instrumental in rescuing me from my imprisonment on the Death Star and in the battle that led to its destruction.? Leia spoke in her more formal, diplomatic voice. She sounded as if she was holding something back.

?Captain, it is a great honor to meet you. Thank you for brining Princess Leia back to us, as she has been sorely missed here.?

?All in a day?s work ma?am.?

?Leia, where is the pilot who actually destroyed the Death Star, is he with you?? asked Mon Mothma.
    Leia turned her eyes down for a moment. ?No, he is not. We fear that he is dead at the hands of Darth Vader. That is why we are here. We, or rather, I felt that an attack was imminent by Imperial forces. With the secret elimination of a talented pilot, I did not feel we could risk staying on Yavin any longer than we had to.?

?I see?that is a tragedy indeed.?

?Yes, ma?am. However, we have brought a large portion of the staff and support crew from Yavin, and the rest will be joining us later. With the Empire still recovering from the loss of the Death Star, we have time to regroup and prepare for the next offensive.?

?I agree. Well, Princess, once you are all settled in your quarters would you please join me. I have a private matter I would like to discuss with you.?

With that, Leia and greeted the rest of the reception party and then made her way to her quarters. She tried to prepare herself for what was coming, but she knew it would be difficult. Within the hour she was outside of Mon Mothma?s quarters and rang the announce bell. ?Enter? came the voice from insi

10. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    In his meditations, Vader remembered what happend after the events at the Jedi Enclave.

?Will he live?? Vader heard the voice, but was not sure he could quite place it. He tried to open his eyes, but the darkness persisted. He felt a fire in his chest as he breathed.

?He clings to life still my Lord, but for how long, I cannot say? came another voice.

The words were dulled. He could hear them and make them out, but it was like listening through a wall.

?Lord Sideous, his is awakening.?

?Vader, can you hear me? I know you cannot see me, but if you can hear me, nod your head.? That must have been the voice of the Chancellor. Vader managed to muster some strength and nodded his head. ?Excellent. You were gravely injured during your brave mission. My doctors fear for your life still, but I feel the Force in you. The Force is strong with you and you will live. Very few could survive the destruction that a thermal detonator brings about. Yes, the Force is very strong with you indeed.?

Vader tried to speak, but found he could make no more than a rough whisper.
    ?Do not try to speak Vader. Rest now, my doctors are working on something for you.?

Vader let go of his consciousness for the time being. He did not know how much time had passed when he awoke again, but he found the fire in his chest was gone and he could breathe easier. He found the strength to speak, even if it was just a bare whisper. ?Where?am?I??

?You are in a private wing of the Imperial hospital? came the voice of the doctor.

Imperial, thought Vader to himself. He must have heard that wrong. The voices were still not entirely clear.

Vader manager to speak again, ?What is wrong with me?

A new voice spoke to him. He barely recognized it as the voice of Darth Tyrannus. ?You have lost the use of your eyes, and much of your hearing. Your lungs have been burned and you are breathing with the aid of a respirator. You have lost both of your legs and one arm, and you have suffered burns and lacerations over much of what remains of your body, but you will live. Lord Sideous? doctors will see to that.?

Lord Sideous. It was coming back to him now. He had been acting on the orders of the Chancellor of the Republic, who he had found out was also the Sith Lord known as Darth Sideous. He had been offered a place of power with Lord Sideous and had been acting to eliminate the Jedi.

The Jedi. He had killed many of them, including his friend Anakin Skywalker. Anakin would not listen to him about the truth and power of Order and what the Sith offered. He had been forced to kill him before he warned anybody, but it was for the good of the Republic. The thermal detonators had destroyed the meeting hall where the Jedi Enclave had been taking place. He had also destroyed the Jedi Archives. That was where he had encountered his former Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Kenobi had bested him by lightsaber, but Vader had set off the thermal detonators. He knew that Kenobi had survived, as he had seen him flee with remarkable speed. However, he had done what he needed to do. The Jedi were all but wiped out and archives were gone. All for the good of the Republic (or was it the Empire?) and all in the name of Order. Vader slipped from consciousness again.

When he awoke again, Vader was surprised that he could see once more. He looked about and saw the Doctors. ?How can I see?? The voice surprised him, it was not his own.

?You have been fitted with a mask sir. This mask ties into the respirator unit on your chest and allows you to breathe somewhat normally. Also integrated into the mask is a new vocal unit allowing you to talk and a visual interpreter that feeds directly into the visual centers of your brain. Additionally, it provides auditory enhancers, no doubt you have noticed that you can hear much more clearly now??
    Vader heard himself breath, it was a loud ?Hssssh-ksssssh? sound. ?Yes, I can hear quite clearly now.? His new voice was deep and resonant.

?Excellent. The mask however, is permanent. You will not be able to survive witho

11. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    It took a moment for Luke to regain his bearings. One moment he had been talking with Obi-Wan, the next he found himself else where. Where was he? He looked around at the ancient temple around him, and he recalled the events that had transpired. The imprint of Darth Vader still lingered here. What did Vader say to him? Prototype?.second Death Star? SECOND DEATH STAR! He had to get this news back to the rebel base. Somehow, he was fortunate enough to find himself clothed, but he was unarmed. No matter, a Jedi needs no weapon except his lightsaber?which was gone. He had lost it during his battle with Vader. Well, he could construct one at another time. The knowledge of the former Jedi Masters was with him now. He left the temple and was again fortunate to find that his speeder was still there. How long had he been gone anyway? Time really did not seem to mean anything when he had been one with the Force, and he was personally unaware of any passage of time, but that did not mean no time had passed.

Luke got back in his speeder and set his course back for the rebel base. He sensed trouble before he even got within visual distance, and the smoke on the horizon did not make matters any better for him. When he arrived, his heart sank. Imperial forces now appeared to be in control of the base, or what remained of it at least. Destruction was everywhere. An Imperial All Terrain-Armored Transport stood outside the base and several Scout ?walkers? were there as well. Stormtroopers were everywhere. The Empire had struck back.

Luke fell back and processed all the information. The base was overrun, that was obvious, but was everybody dead? The patrols were light, so that meant they were not concerned about security that much. He had to get inside the base and survey for himself.

Getting inside was actually not that difficult. Obi-Wan had taught him that the Force had a great influence on the weak minded. That, coupled with some Jedi stealth, and he was inside. The first thing he noted was that the Falcon was not there. That most likely meant that at least Han and Chewbacca escaped. He also noticed that there was not a full compliment of X-Wings in the hangar, which meant there had probably been an evacuation before the Imperial forces came in. That gave him some hope. He knew that the Yavin base had not been the totality of the rebel forces, but he did not know where they were either. If Han had escaped, his most likely destination would have been Tattooine. Han had a price on his head and was anxious to pay it off. Luke would have to make his way to Tattooine if he was to get anywhere. This was not going to be easy? or was it?

Hope presented itself in the form of an Imperial Shuttle. They had just unloaded its cargo and were loading it with spoils from the base. Luke managed to sneak inside the shuttle and waited for takeoff, hoping that this would not be a troop transport as well. After about an hour of waiting and thinking, the shuttle finally took off. After what seemed an appropriate amount of time for the shuttle to leave the gravity well of the planet, Luke made his way to the cockpit.

?Hello? said Luke.

The surprised pilots turned around quickly to face Luke. ?What? Who are you? What are you doing here?? they demanded.

Luke waved a hand in what had become to be known as the ?Jedi Mind Trick?. ?I am a passenger on this ship. I wanted to make sure you knew where we were going.?

The pilots stared blankly at Luke for a moment. The captain spoke up. ?Yes sir. We were actually awaiting your orders sir. What is our destination sir??

?Set course for Tattooine. I will give you the landing coordinates when we arrive there. Please let me know when we have reached our destination. This is a priority mission and you are to maintain radio silence.?

?Tattooine, radio silence, yes sir."

?Please inform me when we reach Tattooine. I will be in the rear quarters.?

?Yes sir.?

With that, Luke turned and left the cockpit.

12. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    ?Princess, I can?t stay any longer.?

?What!?? Han?s statement came as a shock to the Princess. She had just assumed since Hand had done so much for the Rebellion ? rescuing her, aiding Luke in the Death Star?s destruction, the evacuation of Yavin ? she had just assumed that he was going to stick it out with them. ?Han, you have to stay?we need you!?

?Need me? You?ve got to be kidding me. You don?t need a smuggler on the run from bounty hunters in your ranks. I?m going to be found sooner or later ? from what I know Fett is after me, and he does not give up. If I am found with your rebellion, word will get back about where you are and you?ll have the Empire all over you again. I have to leave.?

Leia saw that there was no arguing with him. Plus, he did have a point, the rebellion might be able to be traced back through him. ?What will you do? Where will you go??

?Well, with the reward credits, slight though they are, I should have enough to pay off Jabba. So I guess I?m off to Tattooine again.?

Tattooine, Leia thought to herself. That?s where this whole adventure started from. Obi-Wan, Luke?gone now. ?Will you come back??

?I don?t think so. I?m still a liability to you. And I?m a business man after all. There?s not a lot of money to be made in your rebellion. But maybe well run into each other again.?

?When do you leave??

?Well, hopefully no later than say, 6 hours? Chewie is about finished with his refit of the hyperdrive, and I?m almost done with the navicomputer, so??

?Well Han, the least you can do is let me arrange for a proper send off for you.?

?Alright. You know I like a good party.?

That night, in the launch bay of the ?Theed?, a large group of well wishers had gathered near the Falcon to see Han and Chewbacca off. Han looked our over the group of well wishers and he felt a twinge of remorse for leaving them. Representatives of many races of the Galaxy were there. Admiral Ackbar, the Fleet commander, Nien Numb, the Sullustian A-Wing pilot, some fellow Corellians, a floppy-eared Gungan mechanic, Mon Mothma the former senator and now leader of this rebellion, and Leia. All of them there for him and Chewbacca. It had been a long time since he felt like he belonged anywhere, since he felt anything like a family. No, he had to push that sentiment away and move on. He had said his good byes and now it was time to go. Han walked up the ramp of the Millennium Falcon, turned and waved one last time to the crowd., and then closed the ramp.

He made his way to the cockpit and settled in his chair. ?Let?s go Chewie.?

Leia and the crowd watched as the Falcon took off and left the launch bay. The ship made its way to a safe distance and the quickly vanished as it made the jump to hyperspace. She turned to her mother, with tears in her eyes. As her mother was about to speak, a bridge officer, Major Derlin approached.

?Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Princess?if you will pardon the interruption - a ship has just jumped in from hyperspace. It?s one of the ships that was left behind at Yavin. They are asking for clearance to dock.?

?Of course grant them clearance Major Derlin. This is good news. The rest of the fleet should be arriving soon.?

?Yes, indeed.? Said Mon Mothma. ?Shall we go greet them??

Maybe the rebuilding of the fleet would get he mind off of the losses that she was feeling, thought Leia. They made their way to the port where the ship would be docking. When they got there, her heart sank. The ship she saw approaching was a small shuttle and was very badly damaged. They waited for the captain to come aboard, but feared for the worst. When they met the captain, their fears were confirmed. Yavin had been attacked by the Empire and his ship had been only one to escape.

13. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    Darth Vader was roused from his meditations by a comm signal in his chamber. They were approaching Coruscant. He signaled to the hangar bay to have his personal shuttle readied. Vader was not looking forward to his audience with the Emperor. The First Death Star was lost and much of the rebel forces at Yavin had escaped. It was hardly the final and crushing blow that they had sought against the rebellion. Although he had not said as much in their earlier communications, he knew that the Emperor would hold him personally responsible.

In the Emperor?s throne room, Vader knelt before his master. ?I exist to serve you my master, what is thy bidding?? Internally, Vader tensed, he knew the fate that awaited those who failed the Emperor.

?Arise, my good and faithful servant? came the voice of the Emperor.

Vader stood up. This was not what he was expecting. It was difficult to read the Emperor. Though his face was hooded by the dark robe he wore, his yellow eyes shone out with a bright malevolence. He features were quite aged and twisted by the dark side energies that flowed through him and prolonged his life. ?You were expecting death, Lord Vader? A punishment for the loss of the Death Star perhaps??

?Yes, my lord.?

?There will be a punishment, but you did not fail me my friend, at least not entirely.? The Emperor toggled a switch on the comm panel. ?Lord Tyrannus, will you and Lord Bane please join us.?

Darth Tyrannus entered through a side door to the Emperor?s throne room. He was followed by his former apprentice, now Sith Lord, Darth Bane. Tyrannus still looked the regal figure as he did when he first met him, but the dark side was taking its toll on him, as it did to all of its servants. They both knelt before their master. ?What is thy bidding, my master? intoned Tyrannus.

?Arise, my servants? said the Emperor.

Although Bane kept his eyes on the Emperor, Tyrannus cast a side glance towards Vader. Was that surprise he saw on his face? Surprise to see Vader still there, alive?

?As you know,? Began the Emperor, ?The Sith order was nearly destroyed a thousand years ago due to internal power struggles and infighting. The Jedi took advantage and nearly destroyed the order. It was one lone Sith Lord who emerged from that chaos and who reestablished the order. We now consolidate our power by keeping our numbers few. That however, does not stop ambition. Those who seek power take it, or are crushed by a greater power when they fail. That now brings us to our current issue. The destruction of the Death Star. Madam Greene, will you join us??

A striking looking female emerged from the shadows behind the Emperor?s throne. Her auburn hair and piercing green eyes caught Vader?s attention. She was clad in a black form fitting outfit and wore a blaster on one side. She appeared to be in her late to mid 20?s and had a deadly air about her.

?Allow me to introduce to you Madam Greene.? Said the Emperor. ?She has been in my service for a time now and she will now present to you her findings regarding the Death Star issue. Madam Greene??

?Yes, my Emperor. As we now know, the Death Star was destroyed by the rebellion by their ability exploit a flaw in the design of the Death Star. The rebel alliance had intercepted the designs of the Death Star due to a leak in security. Someone with rebel sympathies informed the Princess Leia when and where the plans would be transmitted for archival. This rebel sympathizer has been eliminated by my hand, but this person was not the prime mover. He was a relatively low person on the chain of command who just happened to find out about the upcoming secret transmission.

?Indeed? said the Emperor. ?A rebel sympathizer just happened to find out about the secret transmission? And how did this happen?? he said knowingly.

She waited a moment for the words to sink in. ?He was covertly provided information by someone who knew what he would do with it.?

Vader spoke up. ?Do we know who this traitor is??

?Yes, I think we do? said t

14. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    The Millenium Falcon emerged from hyperspace near Tattooine. The twin suns of the system made the planet glow brightly.

?Well, we?re back Chewie. Back to beautiful Tattooine and our former glory.? quipped Han.

Chewbacca gave a non committal growl in reply.

?Yeah I know, I know. Look, we?ve been over this before. We?re not going to get very far with a death mark hanging over us. As soon as we pay back Jabba the Hutt and give the Falcon a major overhaul, and maybe make some profit, then maybe we?ll see about??

Han was cut off by a hail from Mos Eisly space port. They had been cleared to land at hanger 81. ?Any news for me Slate?? Han asked of the voice on the other end of the comm. channel.

?Yeah? replied Slate. ?Watch your back.?

Jabba had informants throughout the city and word was bound to get back to him that Solo was back. Han and Chewbacca decided to lay low and stay aboard the Falcon for a bit, just to see if greeting party showed up for the. The turret by the ramp could take care of a small hostile force. For a little while at least.

After a few hours a quiet from outside the Falcon, Han and Chewie decided it was time to make their way outside, cautiously.

Life in Mos Eisly seemed much as they had left it. Of course, they had only been gone a Tattooine month or two, but what will all they had been through in that time, it seemed much longer than that. They headed for the cantina where they had originally met Luke and Obi-Wan. Nothing out of the ordinary there, just a bunch a rowdy degenerates drinking while Figrin Dan and his group played in the background.

Chewbacca went to secure a table in the corner while Han spoke to the bartender. Chewie managed to convince the Rodians sitting at the table that it was time for them to leave.

?What?s the word?? Han said to the bartender.

The bartender looked up at Solo, and shook his head, remembering the last time he had dealt with Solo and his ?friends?. It hadn?t been pretty. Still, Solo was an honest rogue and had helped him out on more than one occasion. He looked around before he gave his reply. ?Fett.?

That was all Han needed to hear. Boba Fett was the best bounty hunter in the business. Fett had been there with Jabba, before he left Tattooine last time. The fact he was looking for him was not good. He had suspected as much, knowing Jabba as he did, but the confirmation was chilling. Han ordered a couple of ales and went back to the table where Chewbacca was waiting.

?Okay Chewie?here?s the deal. Fett is in the area and he?s looking for us. We need to make it to Jabba?s palace before he finds us - and that won?t be easy.

The wookie growled a long reply back to Han.

?I know how you feel about Jabba?s palace, but the mark is on both our heads. If we can make to the palace, we can pay him off and be clear.?

Another growl from the Wookie asked a question.

I?m not quite sure how we?re going to get there Chewie. We can?t take the Falcon; un-cleared flights in the airspace near the palace are strongly discouraged by an ion cannon. There?s only one road to it, so I guess we start by getting a speeder.?

Han looked about at the patrons of the cantina. He recognized a few faces here and there. Some of them were watching him a little too closely. ?Come one Chewie, it?s time to go. Let?s head out the back door. There?s a Toydarian junk dealer in town I think we can get a cheap speeder from.?

As Han and Chewbacca got up from their corner table and left, one of the cantina patrons pressed a button on his wrist communicator and spoke into it. The voice at the other end of the communication thanked him for his information.

15. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    Anyone here?

Just want to know if anyone has taken a look or not.

16. Draco139

Draco139 Jedi Master

Oct 13, 2002
    Intresting story. Very well done. I like how luke was trained, and was able to come back.

Should be quite a surprise to the other Characters. Hope to see more.

17. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    Outside the cantina, a long figure waited patiently patiently in the shadows, watching fixed on the back door of the cantina. Chewbacca was first out the door, he looked around and then sniffed the air. A growl informed Han that the they were apparently clear and could leave. The armored figure spoke out from where he stood and said "Going somewhere Solo?".

The voice caused Han and Chewbacca to freeze. It was the voice of one of the many people they were trying to avoid. "Step out where we can see you Fett." said Han.

"Put your weapons down." Came the reply.

Han knew what kind of weaponry and armor Fett had, and he knew that his blaster and Chewbacca's crossbow blaster did not stand a chance against Fett's arsenal. "Do what he says Chewie" Han said as he placed his own blaster on the ground. Chewbacca grudgingly complied with a low grumble.

"Smart move Solo." The figure in the shadows stepped out, weapon fixed on Han. He was clad entirely in grey and green armor in the style of the Mandalorians of old. Many rumors floated about about Boba Fett, but the main truth was that he was the deadliest bounty hunter in the Empire. He never failed to bring in his mark, one way or the other. He came at a heavy price, but he never failed. "I'm here to bring to to Jabba the Hutt, alive or dead. You're worth more to me alive, but either way, you're coming with me."

"I was on my way now to pay off Jabba, I have his money." explaind Han.

"Doesn't matter now. You had your chance, now we have to do it this way." Fett took out binders and moved towards Solo and Chewbacca.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" came another voice, seemingly from nowhere and everywhere.

Fett froze in his tracks. Han and Chewbacca looked at each other in amazement, that voice...it couldn't be, could it? Fett remained unmoving, frozen in mid stride walking towards them. A person lept down from the roof of the building on the other side of the alley from the cantina.

Han blinked in amazement, it was Luke Skywalker. "Luke? How? But we thought...how did...what is...."

Luke smiled at Han. "It's a long story Han. Let's just say I'm back and leave it at that. I'll fill you in on the details later".

"But what about Fett? What happend to him?" Asked Han.

Luke walked over to them and looked at the bounty hunter. "Him? Some people call it a Jedi Mind Trick. Let's just say that when he snaps out of it, he's going to go home and rethink his life." Luke disarmed Boba Fett, while Han and Chewbacca picked up their weapons. Luke took off Fett's helmet and handed it to Solo. "Souvenier."

When they walked out of the alley, Chewbacca could not hoold himself back anymore, and grabbed Luke in a big bear-hug and growled at him happily. "Easy Chewie! I'm happy to see you too." he laughed. After Chewbacca put him down, Luke suggested they go buy a speeder so they could take care of business.

"That was our very idea." said Han. "I know a Toydarian junk dealer who would probably love this Mandalorian armor."

"I know the very one you are talking about. His name's Watto, right?" said Luke He's the one I sold my speeder to when I left here originally."

"Little blue guy, long nose and wings?" asked Han.

"That's the guy".

"Before we head off to see Jabba, I need to make a stop somewhere. Hutt's can be very difficult to deal with and I want to be prepared." said Luke.

"No problem." Said Han. "And Luke..."

"Yeah?"

"It's great to see you kid."

"You too Han."

18. JediBlue

JediBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2002
    Watto...you mean the Watto from the prequels :eek: ?!? *grin* I wonder if Luke knows who he is...Anyway, I'm very glad I found this fic, cause it's absolutely wonderful...and very original, too. Keep up the good work with it and I hope to see more...soon *hinthint*

:D :) :p

~Blue

19. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Very different and wonderful at the same time.

20. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks for your interest and comments, I was beginning to feel alone here. I update sporadically as work allows and as the muse strikes me.

I have been experiencing a bit of writers block here as of late. I know where I want to go and what I want to do when I get there, but I am not sure how to get there. I'll try to post some more today.

21. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    "Lord Jade," began the Emperor, "for your first duty in the Service of the Sith and the Empire, I am sending you to the Endor System."

"The Endor systen my Lord?" replied Darth Jade. "How may I do your bidding there?"

"Orbiting the primary gas giant of this system is a forest moon, upon which the Empire has established a base of operations. Our forces have eliminated the indiginous population of this moon and are now utilizing the natural resources there for the construction of the new Death Star, currently in stationary orbit around the moon. I am sending you there to oversee the completion of this project. The current overseeor, Grand Moff Abbis, has fallen beind schedule. You may use whatever methods you see fit to ensure that the Death Star is completed on schedule. Are we clear?"

"Yes, My Lord. I shall not fail you."

"Indeed. You may depart immediately".

With that, Darth Jade bowed to her Emperor, nodded her head towards Vader, and then turned and left the Emperor's chambers.

"My Master" spoke Darth Vader. "Do you think it is wise to send her to oversee a project such as this?"

The Emperor fixed an icy stare upon Vader. "Do you question my judgement Vader? After failing me at the cost of the prototype, you dare to question me?"

"Of course not my Lord, I am questioning her abilities to 'motivate'. I know you would not have chosen her for the Sith were she not strong with the Force..."

The Emperor cut Vader off, but is demeanor relaxed. "Do not concern yourself with her abilities, she can be very persuasive and I have the utmost confidence in her. However, I do have my own ways of monitoring her progress. The Death Star will be completed on schdule."

"Yes, My Lord."

"As to you Vader, I am sending you to find the remnants of the rebel fleet. You may take your flagship and 5 additional star destroyers. I would reccomend you start your search in the region of the Sullust system."

"Sullust my Lord? That region of space is...challenging, to say the least"

"I am familiar with it Lord Vader. However, this is where the Force tells me you should search. Find the fleet, but do not destroy them...yet. Defend yourself, but do not eliminate them just yet. Report back to me when you have found them"

"Yes, My master. It will be as you say."

"One more thing Lord Vader. I felt a disturbance in the Force. It is Skywalker."

"Skywalker?" said Vader. "I eliminated him as I did Kenobi."

"He is very strong in the Force and I feel that he has brought himself back. Be mindful of the Force Lord Vader."

"Yes, my Master". With that, Vader bowed to his master and left the chambers to return to his shuttle to take him to his flagship, the Executor.

On his walk back, he was lost in thought. 'Skywalker has returned? Strange that I did not feel this.' he thought to himself. 'I struck him down myself, as I did Kenobi.' The thought did occur to him that there was no body, but that was not entirely unexpected when dealing with a Jedi. During the Purge, may Jedi would use the last of their energies to give themselves to the Force, to supposedly become one with the Force. None of them had ever been seen again. For the Emperor to suggest that Skywalker had returned...Skywalker was not even a fully trained Jedi when he was struck down. Was Darth Tyrannus correct about the Emperor? Was he growing weak and relying on technology, rather than the Force?

Vader was so lost in thought that he paid no notice to the many people who sought cover when he passed them. When he finally reached his shuttle, he instructed to pilot to take hit to his ship, and he then made contact with the various commanders of the Star Destroyers in his fleet, giving them their new commands, all the time wondering if the the Emperor was fit to rule.

22. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    LOve seeing vader confused over skywalker.

23. JediBlue

JediBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2002
    Yay!!! Luke is back...and Emperor knows it, too!!! Cool. :D

Great post!!

:) :p :)

~Blue

24. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Nov 28, 2000
    The Dune Sea passed by the speeder in a sandy blur as Luke, Han and Chewbacca sped through one of the many vast deserts of Tatooine.

"So where are you taking us?" asked Han. "It looks like where in the middle of nowhere."

"There's not much to look at out here. Just sand, and lots of it." answered Luke. "Anyway, we're headed out to where Obi-Wan lived, just beyond the Dune Sea. We'll be there soon. I need to take care of something before we see Jabba."

Chewbacca let out a plaintive howl. "He said doesn't like the sand and the hot." translated Han. "I guess being covered in fur does not go along with being in the desert."

"Nothing goes with being in the desert. I grew up here, remember? The sand gets in everything. I hate it. I thought I was never coming back here when I left. I thought different about alot of things though. I thought I was off to save the a princess..." Luke's voice trailed off.

"She's ok Luke. At least, she was when I left. She has a rebellion to run. She doesn't need us around."

"I'm going back to them when we're done here Han."

"You can't be serious Luke? Go back? Why in space would you want to go back? That thing with the Death Star, that was a fluke. You know what they're up against, you don't need to be in the middle of that. The Empire will be gunning for them, believe me, you don't want to be there when they find them."

"I have to Han. I have information for them, something they need to know. There's a second Death Star."

Han sat in stunned silence as the desert passed by them. "A second Death Star? How do you know that?"

"Vader told me, before he...struck me down." said Luke. "You know what a another Death Star means Han. Star Destroyers are one thing. A Death Star means...well, you saw know what it did to Alderaan. No one is safe, no planet is safe. Not Yavin, not Tatooine, not Correllia."

That hit close to home for Han. As a smuggler, Star Destroyers and the Empire were annoyances to him at the least. He could outrun most any imperial ship, and he knew how deal with beaurocrats, but a Death Star, that could spell genocide. "Ok look Luke, you get me out of this mess with Jabba and I'll get you back to Leia, but don't ask me to stay. I don't know what you think you can do for them though."

"I know where it is Han, and I know that it is not completed."

"Did Vader tell you that too?"

"No Han. The Force tells me."

Luke brought the speeder to a halt outside the cave entrance to where Obi-Wan lived. They sat for a moment in silence. Luke got out of the speeder and looked sadly towards the twin suns setting in the west. "We'll need to spend the night here as the sand people will be out soon, but I need a little while to myself inside first. Would you mind staying outside for a bit?"

"Sure kid."

Luke walked towards the entrance to the cave, paused for a bit, and then walked inside. He emerged an hour or so later and beckoned Han and Chewbacca to come inside.

Han could tell by the look on Luke's face that something was different about him. Something had changed since after the time he went in. However, he also felt now was not the time to ask him about it. Besides, from the smells, it appeared that Luke had also started cooking the evening meal, and Han's hunger drove ther other thoughts out.

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Very interesting. I wonder what Luke needs from Obiwan's cave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.