main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Star Wars pets

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DARTH_MARK-22, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    Last summer, I acquired two new pets to warm up the household. My house is always crawling with at least one fuzzy animal or two, so after a year bereft of my cat that I had for 12 years, I went to get another one.

I went to friends of my parents. They run a decent farm. They always have more animals around than they can count, and they were looking to give away their cats. There I came across two cute little black cats playing with each-other. Twins they were, a boy and a girl, and I found myself unable to pick just one to bring home. so I took them both.

I named them Luke and Leia.

As time progressed, the two developed distinct personalities. Luke was a relatively calm and seemingly lazy cat, but had incredible reflexes and was deceptively agile. I've seen him snatch birds right out of the air. Leia was more docile, more cuddlier of the two. Whenever you pet her belly, she would purr like there was no tomorrow. They were a beautiful pair, and what I observed from them was as true as the day I brought them home: they were inseparable.

Luke was real Jedi, and Leia ... well,

Leia was my little Princess.

This week, Leia was struck by a car. Taken from my family far too young and far too soon. It happened while I wasn't there, and I feel terrible just thinking that she died all alone.

I still have Luke, though I think he knows that she's gone. He's been a real comfort. And like a true Jedi, he'll still be around to bring peace in my galaxy.

So, to all who might be reading this, I just wanted to get this off my chest. In retrospect, I would like to know about your pets.

Do you have any that you remember fondly?

Do you have any funny stories to tell?

Do they, like mine, have geeky Star Wars names?

2. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I'm so sorry, Darth Mark. That's horrible. I'm glad you still have Luke, though, and that he's a comfort to you.

I don't have any pets right now. My last few pets where a beta fish and two mice, but they had Biblical names.

My mice were Rahab and Hadassah (Hebrew for Esther)

My beta fish was Hannaniah

3. DARTH_MARK-22

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks. I'm glad someone was listening out there.

I'll be getting a new dog soon. Something small and hopefully not too noisy. Something to keep both Luke and Magic (my old dog) company.

4. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    I have a cat named Ben, who is really a girl but that is a really long story. :p She was named along with another cat Jerry, so the two were Ben and Jerry but people do relate Ben to Star Wars now since Jerry ran away.

5. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, this sort of has to do with SW. My mother's dog isn't named after a SW character...however, I like to film her and overlay it with SW music and toys.

:p ;)

EDIT: When I uploaded it, the quality got really crappy. Stupid technology. :p

6. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I have a horse named Mr. Sandman (Sandman for short) so no SW pets. Everyone thinks he's named after the Metallica song Enter Sandman but he probably wasn't cause theres a song called Mr. Sandman... of course, I didnt name him anyway. Its supposedly bad luck to rename a horse. ;)

7. DARTH_MARK-22

Mar 11, 2003
    My last cat had a name, "Minette", but we never called her by it. We just wound up calling her "The Cat."

"Where's the cat?"
    "Did you feed the cat?"
    "The cat threw up again."
    "Look what I'm gonna do to the cat!"

8. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    Very cool story and I really enjoyed the top part. It is really nice to see someone interest in this forum.

9. DARTH_MARK-22

Mar 11, 2003
    Which one? The story about my twin cats?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.