main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - Philosophie

Discussion in 'German Speaking FanForce' started by Skytalker, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skytalker

Skytalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Hier ein paar ausgesuchte Zitate aus dem E3SA-Thread "The neat little thing from the 30's & 40's: "The Franky Theory"", die IMO einige interessante Aspekte zum zentralen Thema der Saga enthalten:

BigWookie:

"Texas, I know what you are saying about the whole Love aspect of Star Wars and never thinking of it in those terms. What I am about to write is related to this thread but not 100% on topic. So here I go...

GL clearly made Love a central theme in AOTC with his whole buddhist mantra concerning "Love does not equal possession and vice versa." This is a very eastern theme of love. What is interesting is that GL has mixed this eastern conception of love with the western notion of a tragic/flawed hero.

The type of "Love" that Anakin feels for Padme is a distorted version of Love. He seeks to possess Padme...it is this desire to possess her that will ultimately be his downfall (I know I can't prove this until 2005 but I am certain). Anakin will seek to stop harm from coming to Padme, like it did to his mother, by controlling all of the circumstances around her. In this setting, he will become the classic tragic hero. That is, even though he has a love for Padme and wants to do the right thing, his tragic flaws will be exploited and thus used to create his ultimate demise into Vader.

Now, How will we feel sorry for Anakin/Vader? Anakin's tragic flaw will be exploited by Sidious. His flaw is: he cannot control his fear, a fear that started when he was young and was sensed by Yoda, a fear that grows when his mom is killed and will be utlimately exploited in episode III. Yoda's words were (and I am paraphrasing) fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

These words are obviously an exact metaphor/foreshadowing for the life of Anakin Skywalker. It should be noted that Anakin's love of his mother is the major cause of his initial fears sensed by Yoda. (I am speculating that his love for Padme will be the new source of fear in episode III.) Now keep in mind that this is not a pure love. This is a possessive type of love, as illustrated by his words and deeds in AOTC. Anakin's words on the transporter concerning possession tell us all we need to know about this. It is interesting that he preaches unconditional love to Padme, but this is clearly not the type of love he practices.

Anakin's love causes him to feel fear. When his loved ones are killed or threatened his fear becomes anger. When he becomes angry he directs his anger at the cause of his loved ones' suffering...this is hate. Now that he hates them, he is going to make them suffer (thus, the slaughter of the Tuskens.)

In my eyes, we will see this play out all over again. This time with his love of Padme being the primal cause of his fear. He will be determined "to be strong enough" to stop her suffering. (As he said at his mother's grave.) Palpatine has already told him that he should trust his instincts. This time he will. His instincts are not pure, however.

Somehow, some way, sidious is going to manipulate Anakin's flaw to his own advantage and in the process turn it against the Jedi (we all know that is coming and I am not saying anything new here). But, what I am saying is that Anakin's turn against the Jedi will mirror his slaughter of the Tuskens! That is, his loved one will be put in jeopardy (Padme will be put in jeopardy by some manipulation of Sidious). Anakin, driven by his love for Padme, will fear for her safety. This fear will lead him to become angry and then hate whomever he feels is causing her to be in jeopardy (most likely the Jedi) and then he will cause the Jedi to suffer (Jedi purge).

In a sense, this whole saga has to do with Love and Anakin Skywalker's wrongly conceived notions of love.

P.S. I realize that I am restating a lot of what has been already said in other posts...the new part of this write up is the concept of how Anakin's tragic misconception of love (and fear) are used against him to turn him into a monster (Vader).

I like t

2. Skytalker

Skytalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Kein Kommentar!?

Eine intellektuell anspruchsvolle Diskussion ist hier offenbar nicht möglich.... :D 8-} ;)

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Das war mir gestern abend zuviel zum lesen :p

Später vielleicht nochmal, wobei ich auch jetzt schon sagen kann, dass alles was sich auch nur leicht komisch anhört meiner Meinung nach eh falsch ist :p ;)

4. Yak-Face

Yak-Face Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    Wenn ich ehrlich bin, habe ich auch keine Zeit das alles zu lesen :Þ!

5. OdanUrr

OdanUrr Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2001
    ich hab KEINEN BOCK das zu lesen, das interessiert mich einfach nicht :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.