main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Pirates

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LittleDefel, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    More EU stuff making its way into the films. Yay!

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If this is accurate, Hondo Ohnaka needs to be a part of this.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah? What EU stuff, exactly?
    Space pirates are a general kind of thing, EU didn't invent the concept, y'know.

The descriptions sound interesting, I'm all for it. We've never actually seen pirates in a SW movie and now's a nice opportunity.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Brings to mind how in Adventures of the Starkiller, the Sith are described as "pirates" hired by the Empire and trained to use The Force by a fallen Jedi. Perhaps they've decided to reuse that concept?

6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Maybe he meant "Montross", who existed as concept art and in early drafts long before he became a Mandalorian in the comics.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Sounds cool.

For some reason, all I kept picturing in my mind's eye when reading Jason's article were the Ice Pirates!

[​IMG]

Anyone else remember that one? I remember how I used to love watching that film as a kid. :D

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Funny-I had the idea of space pirates in my original ideas as well as them being mentioned in the opening crawl.

So, anyone think they'll be played by any of the main cast? Von Sydow was mentioned. What about Isaac? Gleeson? One of the ladies?

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would love to see the pirates look in terms of wooden ships on water in Star Wars.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    My guess: These characters are probably just background characters to fill up a cantina scene or something

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "During one of his lessons a young PADAWAN-JEDI, a boy named Darklighter, came to know the evil half of the force, and fell victim to the spell of the dreaded Bogan. He ran away from his instructor and taught the evil ways of the Bogan Force to a clan of Sith pirates, who then spread untold misery throughout the systems. They became the personal bodyguards of the Emperor. The Jedi were hunted down by these deadly Sith knights. With every Jedi death, contact with the Ashla grows weaker, and the force of the Bogan grows more powerful."

- Adventures of the Starkiller (second draft of ANH)

I always found that interesting. Seeing that onscreen would bring a smile to my face.

Darth_Corvus and markdeez like this.
  12. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    This movie's equivalent of ESB's bounty hunters, probably.

Jcuk, SkywalkerOG and dekaneas like this.
  13. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I read a post somewhere (sorry don't remember where, think it was reddit/starwars but not sure) about them looking for an apparently large number of people with 'interesting looks', the poster apparently auditioned but got shafted because he had shaved off his beard the day before his callback. This was back in June or July. So this pirate business seems like a legit part of the story, not just cantina scene decoration. It doesn't fit with any of the known story spoilers so far though. Which is only interesting.

14. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    They surely made appearances all over the SW universe. I just remember the droids cartoon, and the Mysteries of the Sith videogame.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    That's a silly argument and you know it.

The pirates as a concept appeared at some point in EU, but not exactly these pirates. It's silly that this even needs to be argued over.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I loves me some Hondo, but (and I think you know what I'm going to say)...

He long-dead by now, innut he?

Artoo-Dion and starocean90 like this.
  17. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Space Pirates in a Star Wars Movie? Why not.

18. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    What the heck? I'm not arguing at all. I'm expressing my excitement.
    [​IMG]

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    True... OK, Hondo Jr. :p

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    From the original post I got the impression that it was a sarcastic remark from someone not being happy about potential EU stuff being included.

I misinterpreted and I apologise :)

22. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Pretty sure they are making this stuff up just to get hits.Why they never post pics.If they source wanted no pick leaked they would just have discribed things to them and told them to leak that.

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Because if they posted the pics their source would lose their job/career/life? They aren't making this stuff up.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Actually I kinda had Christina Chong pegged for some sort of local riff raff that has a problem with the heroes. So she could easily be one of the pirates. She filmed in Abu Dhabi and filmed towards the end of production when they were adding more Tatooine shots.

There were reports that after Sydow talks with the heroes, he makes a call to someone. One theory was the called Han Solo, another is that he called the Imperials. But if he couldn't make a deal at the auction house for the lightsaber, he might just try and get it via other means.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

He said Robert Carlyle. Now I'll be disappointed if Robert Carlyle isn't in TFA. [face_sigh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.