main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Pirates

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LittleDefel, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

What threw me off was the "Set Episode IV" at the top. I thought that meant something about ANH. But of course back then ANH wouldn't have been called "Episode IV," it'd have been just Star Wars.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Overall, yes. But that portion is for reference from episode iv.

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah. It's comparing the Yavin set to the new set they were building.

Satipo likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    "Faster than a speeding bullet,.....";)

MakingStarWars likes this.
  7. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    So, it's Kira's room?

8. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    I don't know. Rose is either "Kira" or that old gypsy puppet I haven't had a chance to write about yet.

9. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001

Maybe it's a reference to Briar Rose aka Princess Aurora? She was sent away as a child to live elsewhere so that one day she couldn't fulfill the prophecy of pricking her finger on the spindle. She has no idea who she truly is until she comes of age.

EDIT: It should be noted she is the daughter of Queen Leah.

EDIT 2: The Force Awakens....Sleeping Beauty

10. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Oh and Pirate Cove is where the pirates live in Peter Pan. What else would you name a place that harbors ships in a Disney production.

With "Fawn" relating to a deer which probably is a reference to Bambi.

11. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    You catch on quick! - Ric Olié:cool:

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    And Bambi's mother dies so... Leia dies in TFA!

13. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    And as for the 'carousel' in relation to Disney, think of Prince Charming Regal Carrousel.

Following their fairy-tale romance and happily-ever-after wedding, Cinderella and Prince Charming took up residence in Cinderella’s Castle. With peace throughout the kingdom, Prince Charming had time to practice for jousting tournaments. In the countryside near the castle, he built a training device of carved horses, on which he could practice the art of ring-spearing, a tournament event in which a knight rides his horse full speed, lance in hand, toward a small ring hanging from a tree limb, with the object of spearing the ring. This event was known by various names throughout the lands, but generally came to be called “carrousel.”

The carrousel device drew the attention of the villagers, who wanted to take a turn on this amazing spinning contraption. So Prince Charming had a second carrousel constructed closer to the Castle, where everyone could take a spin on this wondrous invention. Instead of a working knight’s training device, however, this new carrousel is more befitting its regal location in the Castle Courtyard – its rustic training horses replaced with ornately decorated prancing steeds adorned with golden helmets and shields, flower garlands, feathers and other festoons. Prince Charming invites one and all to test their horsemanship skills and to enjoy their own happy ending.

Perhaps they're calling the Falcon the Carrousel because there will be two? An older model and an updated version?​

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe the Falcon gets some upgrades at this location?

15. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    So everyone is a pirate that becomes a cyborg before they die?

16. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    So back to "Pirate cove" with "Roses room" with the rebels are their "pirate machine guns."

Lupita might be in "Roses room" with the elevated floor, but I'm wondering if that's her code name or Ridleys. Ridley could easily be in that room with her. Obviously someone would need to be in there conversing with the muppet/mo cap. But is it "Roses room" because of the creature, or is it code for Daisys jail cell? We've heard that she gets captured at some point, so do we think she gets taken to "pirates cove?" The raised room could even be because of an escape attempt.

Like I said, Rose could be code for Briar Rose aka Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. She is the princess who is sent away to grow up so that she doesn't fulfill the prophecy of her pricking her finger on the spindle and dying. She eventually does this at Maleficents castle but just goes to sleep. She has no idea of her true heritage but is the daughter of Queen Leah.

But this also is similar to Peter Pan when Wendy is captured from a tree dwelling and is taken by the guy with one hand and the other a hook (cyborg?).

Something else is bugging me. Rocker #3. We got two names pasted on the sides of trailers at puzzlewood. One was Kira and the other was Rocker #3. Very curious thing to have a trailer for. Some suggested it was a reference to rock creatures from old star wars lore. That might have been them being cute but I think at this point it seems unlikely that little rock people are playing a part in the movie. So maybe it was more of a musical reference?

So I went to google and typed in Rocker, Disney, and Pirate and got something interesting.

Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Apparently there's a show on Disney Junior where the pirates rock out and sing songs. In fact the two singers on the show are a pirate themed rock band from Oregon You could easily jokingly call them rockers. Which then begs the question if there are space pirates at the puzzlewood shoot, why are they there? We saw a stormtrooper there and concept art shows a couple of stormtroopers dealing with crazy monsters in a jungle/forest. Are there "space pirates" and stormtroopers at this jungle/forest location? Or is Rocker a code for stormtrooper because the Stormtroopers are acting like pirates?

I was wondering in the John Boyega thread if the stormtroopers (with the sith looking guy) attack the village on Tatooine, are they really stormtroopers or Pirates. The focus on the short trooper dying seemed weird. Also knowing that J.J. Abrams loves ANH most of all, could he harken back to the plot point of stormtroopers impersonating sand people? Only this time it's this pirate crew (for lack of a better term) impersonating stormtroopers to make people think the Empire did that?

Back in June, IMDB had a weird fan update to the cast which included four names. Two were listed as stormtroopers or flametroopers and two were listed as pirates. This was before we got wind of any sort of space pirates or even troopers with flamethrowers. One was even a pirate ship pilot. The names and descriptions got quickly taken down. Likely because it couldn't be verified. Eventually Dixie Arnold's name popped back up there as a stormtrooper. Was an extra cast member updating IMDB for personal reasons?

So where does this leave the "pirates cove?" Is it the same as the Greenham Common location? X-Wings do not necessarily mean good guys.

Well maybe it is a rebel base and these are just clever codes. Maybe it's a rebel base and they hold Kira hostage? Or maybe this is the pirate base disguised as a rebel base. Maybe the black x-wing belongs to Adam Driver. Maybe that particular vehicle shows up at several locations.

Maybe the shot of the x-wings hovering low over the water was the real rebels on their way to attack the base and rescue the princess? It seemed a little foggy there. It's weird because if you had x-wings coming out of a hanger, they don't need a runway, they just lift off. But why would they lift off and then fly low over their own water? If they were entering their base, I don't think they'd do so lined up in some attack formation. So Pirate cove and Greenham Common are different.

The assassins creed pirate with the saber in the concept art, I think we just saw him in the trailer. So the other ones, the short fat one, the old cyborg Montross, and so on are part of this crew. They're not specifically Jedi Hunters but they have an agenda with artifacts and perhaps the Sith. There's room for some individual bad guys being the main members with a bunch of foot soldiers.

Now this part might be more of a stretch but back to the "carousel." It could be that they call the falcon the carousel because it's round. Or maybe because the Disney carousel is so famous, like the falcon, they just figured the code worked. But are there two falcons? Maybe that's also part of the ruse and might explain the confusion over who owns the falcon in this movie. If they're calling it the "carousel," the Prince Regal carousel at disneyland comes with a story about them building two with one being kept near the castle. It seems like the falcon is appearing in lots of concept art. I don't know how this would come into play unless someone is using the iconic image of the falcon to fool someone. Maybe on Tatooine. Or maybe not.

If Luke is having mad visions and good is bad and bad is good, this whole thing could be some sort of plot to cloud his visions. He could also be at Pirates cove in the castle portion.

I don't know where the tree dwelling set comes in though but it sounds like Peter Pan's place. Where he takes Wendy and the Lost boys live. Though she too eventually gets kidnapped from there by Hook. Hook of course has a limb cut off years earlier and replaces it with metal. Sound familiar? Maybe someone lives in the tree dwelling and helps the heroes? The mystic? A new character? It gets a bit confusing because pirates cove seems to have different trees than the Greenham common location. I think the Greenham common location is what we saw in the trailer with the assassin sith guy heading towards a crashed fighter that Ridley uses temporarily. The bad guys have attacked the base and she took off only to be captured? Though why would he want her unless she had some sort of interesting history.

This might also explain why we haven't heard much about the hierarchy of the Empire because they are simply not as important to this plot. Christie might represent them to some degree but the Sith agenda has to do with the Skywalker bloodline and artifacts. In the Tarkin novel, it was somewhat explained that the goal of Darth Sidious was not so much to rule the galaxy as Emperor or even cheat death, but to reshape reality itself and practically become God of the universe. Meaning the Empire was just another tool to the ultimate goal and in a way at some point becomes expendable. There was also some sort of sith temple under the Jedi temple. So maybe the Sith agenda continues that idea at a different location?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Would you get going, you pirate?"
    [​IMG]

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Here's one of my more fantastical ideas;

How about the pirates control that Star Destroyer with the Gravity devices and every time a ship goes overhead they switch it on and suck the ship out of the sky?

19. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    He said that jokingly because Han basically "pirated" the Falcon from him.

20. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I realise that Han was redeemed ( that's the whole point of his character arc) but he is a smuggler, not far removed from a pirate.

It's fair to say that ehen we meet them Han and Chewie are essentially a pair of bad eggs.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    EU Han was consistently called a pirate in Marvel Star Wars, long before TESB or ROTJ came out.

22. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008

Yes, would love to see Hondo again. One of the best characters to come out of TCW.

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    As Ben puts it in the ANH novel:

Leaning close, Kenobi gestured toward the far end of the bar. A small knot of rough-looking humans lounged there, drinking laughing, and trading stories of dubious origin.
    "Corellians - pirates, most likely."
    "I thought we were looking for an independent freighter captain with his own ship for hire," Luke whispered back.
    "So we are, young Luke, so we are," agreed Kenobi. "And there's bound to be one or two adequate for our needs among that group. It's just that in Corellian terminology the distinction between who owns what cargo tends to get a little muddled from time to time. Wait here."

propeller likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Pirate and Smuggler are interchangeable I think.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    While some pirates are also smugglers, and some smugglers are also pirates, the two crimes are very different. Piracy tends to carry much more severe sentences when caught.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.