Star Wars PocketModels!

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by Starkiller77, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Has anyone tried this game? I've been playing it for the last couple months and it is awesome fun! If you have not tried it, pick some up. You can play with just one pack, but it's much more fun to play a full deck (at least 6 packs).

Here is the official website. Also, The Sentry Box has hosted a couple of tournaments (which hardly anyone has shown up for). The poor turnout has meant really good prizes (like exclusive foils) for those who played. There is going to be another one on Saturday Sept 1st.

Post if you play!
  2. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice been wanting to check it out and have been toying (no pun intended) about carrying it at the shop. If anyone is interested we should set up a games night demo and try this baby out.
  3. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have not actually played it yet but I do have a coulple TIEs and an X-Wing from their booth at C4. I would certainly be interested in giving it a try since it seems similar to Star Wars Miniatures in concept and I am a big fan of that game.
  4. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    I, too, would be interested in a "demo"!
  5. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would be willing to show those interested how the game works. Need to figure out where & when...
  6. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, my days off are always Wednesday and Thursday. This week is out though, as I picked up 4 extra shifts.

Next Thursday may work for me.
  7. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Next Thursday is most likley to work for me as well.
  8. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wednesday is better for me, does that work for you guys?
  9. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Wednesday the 29th you mean.
  10. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, Wednesday the 29th...
  11. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I work wednesday evenings, but wednesday morning may work
  12. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the earliest I could be in Calgary on Wednesday the 29th, would be about noon. Maybe......MAYBE 1100hrs, but it depends how late I work the night before.
  13. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Going to have the tcg at the shop on friday (most likely) so I should have both boosters and starters in-stock. After talking with starkiller this game sounds like it's pretty fun did anyone try it out at C4.
  14. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok so for the people that were at the demo do we want to set up a weekly game? If so I was thinking Wednesday" if that works. The games would start at 6pm and run maybe till 8pm depending on how many games people want to play.

Also any other fanforce members that would like to try this game please feel free to come out and check it out. Please post if this sounds good and we'll get this game moving.
  15. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wednesdays, from 6-8pm works great for me. Except, not this week, or Sept.19. I'm trying to get some last bits of camping in before it gets too cold and precipitous.

On another note, I got all my models built, and only broke one. But it happened to be a "rare" TIE fighter. :( Oh well. A small dab of super glue should fix it nicely.
  16. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, my plans for this week have changed 4 times now, and I am once again, available!

So, do we want to plan a gaming session this Wednesday evening? After, I'd like to go see "War" at Chinook.
  18. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    We can if you guys want too just let me know you may need to bring your own chair as I don't think I have enough if more people show up.
  19. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I've always got a collapsible camp chair in my car (no where else to keep it), so I'm good to go in that regard.

I'll watch closely in case more people post here for confirmation (or decline) on some gaming tomorrow night.
  20. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
  21. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok it's going down then so feel free to stop on by.
  22. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I won't be able to make it on wednesday since I work, but if this is going to be a regular thing I will try to get to as many as I can.
  23. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe we'll have to try and play twice a week if people are up for it.
  24. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok so it looks like we will have a weekly game on Wednesday but some of us are thinking of adding another day so it would be twice a week. So with that being said what day works for people? this goes for people that know how to play or want to learn how. So please post as we want to get more people playing this great star wars game and some of us just want to play more because it's crazy fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.