main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga STAR WARS Poetry - Cinematic Montage

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by LZM65, Sep 1, 2015.

1. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I found this amazing video clip featuring the first six movies of the STAR WARS saga. It was like watching mirror images of the two trilogies:

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Holy ****

I love Star Wars

Pensivia likes this.
  3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    LZM65 Shouldn't this thread be in the "Star Wars Saga In-Depth" section? Darth_Nub Is it possible to move this thread to the other section?

Great video by the way! I've posted it in the Star Wars Ring Theory thread.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Palpatine sure likes rotating in his chair to face people.

DBPirate and Pensivia like this.
  5. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

You're probably right. I didn't realize that I had posted it in the wrong thread, until a few minutes later. I tried to remove it, but . . . couldn't. Thanks for doing it for me.

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    No. Absolutely not. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered!!!
    My life is my own.

[​IMG]

:p

Best to refer this to the Saga Mods Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn and MOC Yak Face

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's a well done clip, but it must be said that he didn't even scratch the surface of the amount of mirrors that exist between the two trilogies.

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Moved to Saga

9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Must have watch this twenty times; I absolutely love it. Perhaps not as extensive as the links we've been finding in the Visual Links thread, but seeing them in motion like this is fantastic. If I have just one minor complaint, it's that it isn't using a piece of John Williams' score. But that's just a minor issue. The editor did an absolutely fantastic job choosing and compiling material for this video, and I hope to see a part 2 with more of the links we've come to pick up on over the years.

SW Saga Fan and Pensivia like this.
  10. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Someone posted this video on The "Armchair Directors" facebook page. As some of you may already know, the "Armchair Directors" is a youtube channel in which two independent filmmakers, Crandall and Mercy, review movies. I've checked many of their content and it will be no surprised if I told that they despise the prequels.

But their comment to that guy who posted the "Star Wars poetry" video was the following concerning George Lucas:

Link: https://www.facebook.com/ArmchairDirectors/posts/1490641704586133?comment_tracking={"tn":"O"}

Despite the fact that Crandall and Mercy despise the PT I've checked other videos of them and they seem to be nice guys. But that comment makes me roll my eyes because why does everyone think that the PT should have been the same as the OT? It was supposed to tell the story of Anakin's fall and Darth Vader birth, it was already predictable that it will not be the same story of the journey of a hero as in the OT. I think that shows perfectly what people were expecting from the PT back in 1999: be exactly the same as the PT while it couldn't...

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I see it as an inversion of the same story

As the OT is about a common boy from a crappy planet who wanted more out of life and went on to become a hero, the saviour of the galaxy, the PT is about a common boy from a crappy planet who wanted more out of life and went on to become a villain, the ruiner of the galaxy

You know the ring theory? Mostly everyone here does by now, astounding essay and has truly expanded by love for SW, but I don't think JUST a ring suffices - I see it as more of a circular mirror. SW is both able to repeat itself and invert itself, though it rarely outright copy-pastes itself

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That was amazing and also got me to start to rewatch the saga after like 4 years.

13. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Wow, what a fantastic video! Some of these similarities I never even noticed. I'm one of the few who actually appreciate the mirroring part of the saga, though I know some people call this "a lack of originality" blah, blah, blah.

Thanks for posting that! :)

14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Some of the parallels are strictly superficial, and others are even a bit of stretch, but this video is a pristine example of GL's brilliance as a visual storyteller. Some of those moments had never even occurred to me, like the parallel between Anakin looking from Sidious to Mace in ROTS and Vader looking from Luke to Palpatine in ROTJ. Revelatory stuff.