main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Star Wars Pre Saga Episode 1 "Mystery of the Sith" Choose your own Adventure

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CodyMonKenobi, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    I pick NO.2.

I want to see more of Darth Malice.

We need are own cyoa borad so we can find new ones and keep the old ones up to date, and it will mean that new people to the borad will be able to find them as well.

2. Jedi_Rage

Jedi_Rage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    yes the CYOA board would be a great asset to our powers

waits till everyone doesnt pay attention, grabs a lasso(spelling??) does the cowboy thing and catches everyone,has everyone tied up similar to Mighty Ducks 2,hugs everybody

3. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    umm... I sorry for being all stupid. I hope everybody forgives me. I'll just try to be quieter, and not talk out of turn or anything.

4. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    does the cowboy thing and catches everyone,has everyone tied up similar to Mighty Ducks 2,hugs everybody.

Nice touch Rage.

Tatooinewizard- You will learn your place young one. ;)

5. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    What is the tally for the vote.

I have an idea why don't we ask a mod to set up a poll so we can all vote on getting are own borad, then the mods will see how much support we have for the cyoa.

6. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Voting is now locked the tally on the voting is.

#1- 3

#2- 8

#3- 0

LukeGroundtripper hasn't contacted me about writing so I guess I will write this one, maybe he can get the next one. every one get ready to learn more of Palptine's master, and hopefully learn a little more about the sith.

7. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I thought since we are beginning to grow I would post an up to date script.

20th Century Fox Logo

cut to

Lucas Film Logo

cut to

A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away...

Star Wars
    Episode 0.5
    Mystery of Sith

It is a time of rapid change in the Republic. Expansion towards the edges of the galaxy has brought forth great prosperity for the Core Worlds, but the Outer Rim has been stricken with poverty and corruption.

Two men determined to return balance back to the Republic now stand ready to change the course of galactic events forever. One is a Jedi Knight, defender of truth and justice. The other is a senator's aide, a cunning diplomat who is not what he seems.

This politician is en route to the desert world of Tatooine, where a secret meeting with the despicable Gardulla the Hutt will take place...

The camera pans right as we see a Sienar Class L1 transport (a smaller version of the Lambda class seen on RotJ) coming out of hyperspace and then orbiting the planet of Tatooine.

[Cut to]

Cockpit of the L1 transport

Aurra Sing walks through the door from the cockpit to the cargo hold.

Aurra Sing: Sir, Lord Malice insists that you contact him at once.

Palpatine: Very well, tell the captain not to begin his landing sequence until I send this transmission.

Aurra: Very well.

Aurra turns around and walks back toward the cockpit, and Palpatine begins to make his Transmission to Coruscant. A holographic image appears of a dark blue humanoid man wearing a black hood. Only the lower part of his face is revealed.

Palpatine: What is your bidding, my master?

Darth Malice: I have allowed you to dabble in politics/play the politician long enough, but I will not allow you to manipulate your way into senate. It is too risky. The jedi must not know of our existence.

Palpatine: I understand, my master.

Darth Malice: What are you doing on Tatooine?

Palpatine: Senator Stanimir has me here on a diplomatic mission. I assure you, Master, it won?t take long.

Darth Malice: Very well. Be mindful, I sense a disturbance in the Force. If I find out you are going against my command, I will not be very forgiving.

Palpatine: [bows before the image] Yes, Master.

The image fades away and Palpatine turns and sees Aurra standing behind him

Aurra: So what is your plan now? Do you think he knows?

Palpatine (scornful): My 'master' is stupid and naïve. The only way to overthrow the Jedi is to gain political power. Then we can destroy them. If he will not see this truth then he will meet his destiny.

Aurra: I don?t understand why you're going to Gardulla as a represenitive of the Republic. The only thing the Hutts hate worse then Politicians is the Jedi.

Palpatine: I am quite confident I can persuade her, if you can get me in.

Aurra: Oh don?t worry, I?ll get you in, but it?s going to be crowded today. There is a big pod race and Gardulla will be throwing a party.

Palpatine walks over to the comlink and presses the button on it.

Palpatine: [into the com link] You may begin your approach, Captain.

Voice from Comlink: Yes, sir.

[Cut to]

The transport ship enters the Atmosphere of Tatooine. As it proceeds, the bottom two wings begins to fold up in landing configuration.

[Cut]

CORUSCANT

The Camera weaves over Coruscant's skyline, before centering on the Pylon of the Jedi Temple.

[Cut]

CORUSCANT:INT JEDI TEMPLE Courtyard

We hear the sound of sparring Jedi. Lightsabers clatter against each other.

Walkway around the courtyard, one floor up. Two Jedi walk, observing the courtyard.

QUI-GON JINN: I feel it, master. It IS a time of change. But the change will not come from here. The Republic has become too conservative. I feel ... pulled ... to the Outer Rim.

DOOKU: The outer rim? They don't respect neither the Order nor the Republic there. It would be pointless to go to them for guidance.

QUI-GON JINN: Nevertheless, something is there. Change.

DOOKU: Change is not always for the good,

8. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    it is kind of dark, maybe too dark. I hope you enjoy it and again feedback is welcomed.

[Cut to]

Ext. Courascant: Skyline Industrial section

The camera pans down from the darkening sky down to a very dark gloomy building (as seen in AotC)

[Cut to]

Int. Balcony of the building (like in TPM)

The dark blue humanoid man stands on the balcony looking down upon the city. Suddenly a bothan walks up behind him.

Einar Zla?Tan: Have you made a decision, my lord

Darth Malice: Yes, assemble a team, track down my apprentice and kill him immediately.

Einar: he is a very good asset to you, are you sure your feelings are clear? It would be a shame to waste such a powerful commodity.

Darth Malice: yes he grows to bold, even now he searches for an apprentice of his own. He is making plans of my demise.

Einar: How do you know?

Darth Malice: I have foreseen it.

Einar: So whom do you plan to replace him with?

Darth Malice stands silently pondering this question, when an evil glow shines on his face.

Darth Malice: Tell me how is our young prisoner doing?

Einar: (with a smile on his face) would you like to come and see for yourself?

They both turn and walk into the hanger of the building; on the right side of the wall is another door that leads to a staircase going down into the belly of the huge skyscraper.
    As the reach the bottom of the stairs they enter a dark damp room, which is clearly a dungeon. The camera pans across the room showing many torturer devices, and several decaying skeletons on the floor, some wearing jedi garb. Malice and Einar walk over to the prison guard, who is holding a force pike, torturing a young Zabrak boy around the age of 15 who is chained to the wall.

Darth Malice: How is he doing?

Guard: he has a very high pain tolerance. He should have died about two weeks ago.

Darth Malice: So my little jedi hopeful, are you ready to help me out?

Boy: I?ll never help you. When my father finds you, you?ll be sorry.

Darth Malice: (cackling) Oh no my boy, I?m afraid your father had an unfortunate accident.

Boy: (tears swelled in his eyes) you killed him, didn?t you

Darth Malice: Your father was a smuggler, and had a run in with the Black Sun.

Boy: But? he was helping the Jedi by getting into the black sun.

Darth Malice: (interrupts the boy) tell me when your father, talked to these Jedi, did he want something else besides money?

Boy: yes? he wanted them to train me, but?

Darth Malice: you were too old? (The boy nods) they sent your father to his death, and wouldn?t train you. Perhaps I will let you ponder this for a while and I?ll come back later. In the mean time I will leave this to help you make the wise decision.

Darth Malice sets a lightsaber on a table across from the boy, and he and Einar turn back toward the stairwell. Suddenly the saber flies across the room and ignites cutting the boys restrains, then falling into his hand. The guard picks up his pike but before he does the boy with a quick slashing motion cuts his head from his body. Einar unaffected continues toward the stairs, but Darth Malice turns to look at the boy.

Darth Malice: (cackling) good, good. Now I will teach you the true nature of the force. (cackling)

where do we go from here?

1) back to Palpatine on Tatooine.

2) Senator Stanimir of Naboo addressing the Jedi council

3) lets go with Einar to assemble his sith assassin squad.

9. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    That was awesome!

#1.

10. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
  11. KnightKatarn05

KnightKatarn05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2003
    #1.

Zabrak...hmm...isn't that Darth Maul?

12. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Either that or Eeth Koth ;)

13. KnightKatarn05

KnightKatarn05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2003
    All right guys, I just PM'd Dehrian about a CYOA board, here's what I wrote:

(beginning of message)

First, thank you for even considering what me and the other CYOA writers have been asking for. This means a lot to us.

Some of the reasons why we feel we need a CYOA board are as follows:

*The growing popularity of the threads, and the number of threads that are out there already. We have 7 CYOA's so far, six of which that have all spawned from ScoobyDooku's CYOA, which was started in March of this year. Granted, some of the CYOA's are almost completed, but RushLimbaugh has 2 more coming, StitchExperiment or Tegarend have at least 1 more coming, and I planned 2 more CYOA's in the near future.

*We have very loyal fans; we are a Star Wars community within itself, and yet we still gain more followers of all the CYOA out there because they like them so much. The news about a new CYOA post; or a new CYOA thread that has been started, spreads like wildfire; all the daily visitors on the CYOA tell others about them, who tell somebody else, it's a chain reaction.

*It would be easier to manage all the CYOA threads on one board, than having to navigate through the site and look for every new posting on each individual thread. If there was an update on a particular CYOA thread, a visitor could go straight to the CYOA board, and would find all the updates on all the threads at one place.

* CYOA's are a completely different branch of fan fiction itself. Most fan fiction exists because writers want to write, and they post when they have some new material. CYOA's, on the other hand, exist simply on the basis of fan interaction; without the fans voting, make comments about what they liked, disliked, etc., the CYOA's wouldn't serve their purpose.

Thank you again for being open-minded about this. I hope that whatever happens, the CYOA threads are benefited somehow.

(end of message)

How did I do?

14. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    #1 ... and don't try too hard for the CYOA board ... a solution is in the works (this message brought to you by Phatooine)

15. Darth_Pooh_Bear

Darth_Pooh_Bear Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    Very good scene.

I vote 1 as well

16. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    very good KK. by the way Darth Maul? what ever do you mean? his name is boy. ;)

17. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I pick NO.1.

That was a great section, it was not to dark you done good well done.

KnightKatarn05,

I hope that we get are own bored and i think you made are case with the mod, if i was a mod i know what i would do.

18. Jedi_Rage

Jedi_Rage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    i pick 1 the idea of maul is great

i think that came out great

19. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Hey (sorry if I'm a bit disjointed today lack of sleep)

I partly caught up and think am ready to make a pain of myself)

First of all #2 has my vote: lets see some pawns. We've had plenty of Palp and the others so far. I don't know how important he's gonna be, but if he's a major character I'd like to see him introduces sometime in the next *says something unitelligible due to yawn* sorry 'bout that. I mean in the near future.

(How long's the vote gonna be open? In case I change my mind when my brain kicked in again)

*looks for bed, crawls into it, daring anyone to wake her up. Blaster rests on bedside table*

?[face_plain]

20. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    voting will be open til friday morning, then we will post the next section.

21. Luke_Groundtripper

Luke_Groundtripper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Sorry if I have been MIA Cody, Darth Realife is a worthy opponenet. I will write the next section if you wish or whatever is next. Maybe we could set up a day for each of us to write, so things don't get confusing?

22. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    thats fine, what day would be best for you? glad to see you back.

23. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I can not wait for the next section.

24. GAThrawnIGF

GAThrawnIGF Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2003
  25. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Has everyone seen the front of this site they have put up a link for scooby dooku's cyoa thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.