main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Star Wars Prequels Appreciation Week

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mes520, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I saw each PT film three times in the cinema. TPM was the most dull and confounding. I didn't realise Palps was Sids and I'm not ashamed of that. :p AotC was the best personally as I found Dooku captivating. RotS was rather disappointing. The audience was most packed for TPM but no one had much reaction except at the first few moments.

mes520 likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would love that!

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

Okay, I officially love you.

4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm glad I could add that distinctively trivial element to this thread:p And of course, with that encouragement:p, now I can't help but add my 2nd-favorite shot of Obi-Wan's hair[face_laugh] :

[​IMG]

And on a less trivial note:p , I will be back to answer Prisic Duskleap's questions later...

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm late but I'll toss in...

Favorite Actor - Ewan McGregor & Ian McDiarmid
    Favorite Character: Main - Obi Wan Kenobi & Darth Sidious
    Favorite Character: Side - Yarael Poof
    Favorite Movie - Honestly... all 3, equally
    Favorite Scene - For action: Obi Wan diving through the window but, I honestly am most fond of the scenes depicting Palpatine's political manipulations.
    Favorite Planet - Coruscant & Kamino
    Favorite Relationship - Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan and Darth Sidious & the Republic
    Favorite Music: The music during the Obi Wan/Jango Fett brawl
    Favorite Fight - Yoda VS the Imperial Guards
    Favorite Vehicle - STAP
    Costume - Jango Fett
    Sequence - Duel of the Fates

6. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I was still quite young when I saw each of them in theatres, but I remember loving them all. Only got to see each in theatres once though. :( I thought the action in TPM was really cool (too young to really understand the political stuff); seeing that whole opening sequence in theatres was fantastic. I was blown away by AotC the first time. The entire Geonosis battle in the theatre was really epic, and I absolutely loved all the cool ship designs and clone troopers. I loved ROTS too, but I was really caught off-guard by how dark and depressing it was, which was a good thing in that case.

I look at the films with a more adult and critical eye now, but overall I still enjoy all of them to varying degrees.

Cryogenic likes this.
  7. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    Just curios what did you not like about ROTS?

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Just about everything. The overstated business, the oppressive and false 'atmosphere', the lack of flow of Anakin's turn, the absence of any depth of emotion between characters, the needless mishandling of Dooku.

9. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

Star Wars Prequels Appreciation!

Last I checked, anyway.

10. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013

The PT films were released when I was 29-35. I was ridiculously excited for all three (probably the very most for ROTS, as I could not wait to see the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel). I don't really remember, but I think I saw TPM 2-3 times, AOTC 2 times, and ROTS 2-3 times (I know, that's nothing compared to super-fans around here:p).

Sadly, I don't remember much about my initial reaction to TPM, but it must have been good, because I was equally excited for AOTC. I think my favorite part then (as now), was the Duel of the Fates sequence. I also don't remember any audience reactions to TPM beyond the wild applause when the opening GFFA text and main title came up.

For AOTC, I definitely remember the audience also cheering loudly when Yoda got out his saber. Other than that, the only memory I have of my own initial reaction (besides also loving seeing Yoda in action in that scene) was thinking the fireplace scene was really awkward and sort of exchanging cringing looks with my husband in the theater (sorry--I know this an appreciation thread, but I'm just being honest in answering the question asked...)

FOR ROTS, my biggest memory of audience reaction was wild cheering and laughter when Yoda took out the red guards. As far as my own reaction, I just remember really, really liking it and being blown away by the whole last part especially.

Andy Wylde and Cryogenic like this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Unpinning the thread since "Prequel Appreciation Week" has expired.

12. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

NOOOOOOO!!! :(

Andy Wylde, Samnz and Pensivia like this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Whoops. Correction. I will keep the thread pinned. Sorry heels1785 I missed your post.

Also, nice dramatics Cryogenic

darth ladnar, Pensivia and Cryogenic like this.
  14. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

I learn from the best!

Andy Wylde, minnishe, lbr789 and 2 others like this.
  15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    So thats why my ISP went down. :p

Pensivia and Cryogenic like this.
  16. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

I wish mine had an obvious excuse!

Getting a faster broadband connection next week, actually. [face_dancing]

Pensivia and Bazinga'd like this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    All good, all good!

I just realized I hadn't contributed here..

Favorite Actor - Ewan McGregor
    Favorite Character: Anakin Skywalker
    Favorite Movie - Revenge of the Sith
    Favorite Scene - Ruminations Scene prior to Anakin's turn
    Favorite Planet - Coruscant
    Favorite Relationship - Yoda and Obi-Wan
    Favorite Music: Anakin's Dream
    Favorite Fight - Anakin vs. Dooku, part 2
    Favorite Vehicle - Jedi Starfighter
    Costume - Count Dooku
    Sequence - Battle of Coruscant (space) to open ROTS

18. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I want to hold an all-night dance party to this:p

19. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    This is my 1138th post on these forums so I've been wanting to make this one a good one. I'm going back to the final day's topic for Prequel Appreciation Week: choose your own category.

Here is my category: "Favorite person involved in the making of the Prequels."

...And my favorite person involved in the making of the Prequels is... George Lucas! (Surprise)

He's unfairly received a lot of hate, but he created the universe that we all love; he was always great to his employees; he innovated film-making, editing, and sound techniques in new directions; he's a dedicated philanthropist; and he's the reason I'm here! Kudos to George for being an overall great guy!

May a sense of our appreciation be with you every day!

20. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

Fantastic! Just the right way to go for your 1138th post. :D

Andy Wylde, Darth Nerdling and mes520 like this.
  21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A bit late, but I guess I'll finish this up.

You Choose - Favorite Memories. Waking my dad up early the Sunday after The Phantom Menace came out because I wanted to see the movie again. Watching the clock tick by every few minutes in class on the day Attack of the Clones came out, counting down the minutes until I could see the film. Reassuring myself in the theater that Anakin and Padme wouldn't die when they were being carted into the arena. Watching a broadcast of the full Clone Wars series with my family while eating dinner a few months before Revenge of the Sith came out. Going straight from my younger brother's kindergarten graduation to the premiere of Revenge of the Sith and getting to skip school the next day since we had stayed out so late.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Favorite memory? Lead up to ROTS. The micro-series, the books, LOE and ROTS novelization in particular. One of those two books, I was sick the day I picked it up but was determined to buy it. Mom was hesitant to drive but we went and bought it. Holding the ROTS Novelization was an amazing feeling. Heck, reading it was amazing. The first page and epilogue really hit home the fact that the Saga as we knew it was coming to a close.

Cryogenic, mes520, Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My parents demanded I tell them, detail-by-detail, how everything wrapped up the moment I finished reading the Revenge of the Sith novelization. My dad was a life-long ground floor fan, but my mom only became invested by virtue of how many times she watched the movies because of how often my brother and I had them on.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol. That is hilarious.

Cryogenic likes this.
  25. Sith Lord 84

Sith Lord 84 Jedi Padawan

Aug 1, 2015

I saw TPM three times at the theater and every time I saw it there was clapping from everyone during the end. I never heard anyone ever say a bad thing about that movie until the internet started really expanding over the next few years. I only saw AOTC and ROTS once at the theater. My work schedule was so crazy back then that I just didn't have time to see movies that often. But like yours my theater also went crazy during AOTC when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber. I think that was the single most exciting cheer I have ever heard during any single part of any movie I have ever seen. People were literally jumping up and down. I did go to the ROTS midnight premier and it too was pretty insane, but the fans that are willing to see a movie at midnight are already the most hardcore so I knew that was going to be great and it was.