main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Col, TN Star Wars Prequels may be getting made as 1 stand-alone

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jeff_The_Dude, May 16, 2014.

1. Jeff_The_Dude

Jeff_The_Dude Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 28, 2012
    Those Lucas-apologists that actually enjoyed the 3 fold hot mess that is the Star Wars prequels, may have to settle for a Disney quick-n-dirty remake of the these films into one stand alone movie.

Just after the purchase of LFL by Disney, the remaining prequels' 3-D releases were shelved and haven't been seen or heard from since. ...and it seemed that no one really cared.
    Instead, Disney has promoted the original core films, shelved the CLONE WARS TV show, killed off the Expanded Universe and other WTF characters, and promoted their own NEW EU in the soon to be debuted, REBELS and the upcoming 2015 release of Star Wars episode VII.

But Disney probably feels obligated to give tell Anakin Skywalker-to-Darth Vader back story, only hopefully this time with cinched up the plot holes, the boredom factor removed and the employment better acting and directing. If that happens, then yes, it can be wrapped up in one 90 minute movie.

Here's the story regarding the prequels stand alone from Movieweb:
    http://www.movieweb.com/news/could-...logy-be-remade-as-one-standalone-origin-movie

On a side note, The 70's Show/Spider-Man 3's Topher Grace has taken the three prequels and edited them into one movie Star Wars Episode 3.1 Turn to the Dark Side and posted it on Vimeo. Unfortunately, it gained popularity and goodness knows, we can't have THAT. So it's been removed by the powers that be.

http://www.slashfilm.com/topher-grace-star-wars-trailer/

2. DEARMEAT

DEARMEAT Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 9, 2013
    At this point I don't care. As long as it's Star Wars without that stupid Jar Jar Binks, it would be great!

3. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Disney completely scrapping the prequels is another thing I have been saying this whole time, and got accused of being nuts. So far, all my nutty theories have come to pass, or are imminent. Come on, Disney old buddy, don't let me down. Finish it.

And just for all those saying "They cant!! The Prequels are already made, they exist!!" Yes, that's true. They can never make them disappear... or can they... but it's not like franchises havent been rebooted before. Spiderman, anybody? Incredible hulk? Fantastic 4?

4. Jeff_The_Dude

Jeff_The_Dude Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 28, 2012
  5. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Original-Original Trilogy to be released on blu-ray, remastered and restored. As the OFFICIAL editions. Looks like the Special Editions are to become "Legends" too. I bet they will never be reissued. Disney is going to purge the entire Star Wars universe of everything Lucas did after 1983.

I hope this report is true.

6. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    If these rumors turn out to be true...I mean, there are definitely things I like about the PT (lightsabre fights, a crap ton of jedi, Yoda kicking booty). But pre-edit OT on DVD and a no BS standalone Darth Vader origin film? Yes, yes, yes. But the problem, IMHO, would be that I would run the risk of losing the stuff I really liked about the PT. And, even if I'm accused of being a Lucas apologist, I would rather keep the PT as is and keep the stuff I like than have it remade into something far too fast paced. But, then again, just as those who are fans of the EU still have the EU to peruse at their leisure, if I were to want to see those things, I would have the DVDs to view as well...now I am confused.

7. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't think a prequel reboot will come anytime soon, but I could see it happening once the sequels are complete. I imagine the sequels will have very few references to the prequels. Disney keeps saying they are going to be direct sequels to the original OT.