main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Product----Crawling to a standstill?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I have wanted to bring this up on the board here for quite some time, but I am noticing that the figs and vehicles are virtually at a stand-still here in the Valley. I have checked all the stores in Merced that sell SW "toys" regularly:

KB Toys
    Target
    Wal-Dirt
    TRU

I haven't seen a new shipment of product hit the pegs here in Merced for MONTHS. The last "new wave" shipment I saw was the Ki-Adi and Teemto wave. KB got a shipment of said wave about 1 1/2-2 months ago. We have yet to see the Tatooine Anakin (The fig I want the most currently), Ephant Mon, or even the Gunship here in Merced! To make matters worse, I have been to Modesto, Turlock, Ceres, and Manteca recently, and have found nothing in any of those cities, either. The trend I've noticed is that there are a substantial number of pegwarmers chilling on the pegs.

Finney & jedivalens, have you guys gotten any shipments in at the Target you guys work at recently? What about the rest of the South San Joaquin Valley? I have a feeling that the stores may be getting the shipments in still, but aren't putting them out because they have all the pegwarmers out still. When you ask if there's more in the back, usually I'm told "No".

Other thoughts on this? Are the statements of Episode II product not being overproduced all just lies? ?[face_plain]

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i havent seen any new figures since the mace windu came out... except the one time at kb's i saw a crap load of the new anakin but they were all jacked up.

3. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    It appears that the Saga line will be just as overproduced as the EP I stuff!!! :(

Except for those cool Target accessory packs, those went super fast!!! DAMN!

4. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i didnt much care for those target accessory packs... they were also way over priced...

5. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    10$ for a DeathStar Trooper, not bad IMO!! I have utilized those weapons for all my fig displays...

6. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    there is also a figure shortage here in fresno. i havent seen a newe figure in a couple months. it sucks too cause they keep coming out with more figures! im behind on my collecting because of no figures here in fresno!!!!

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    i didnt much care for those target accessory packs... they were also way over priced...

This is the same exact reason why I returned the ones I bought. It was like paying $10 for a resculpted fig. No thanks.

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Have you guys seen this bad ass yet?

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw02dlxclonetrooperloose-m.jpg]

I am getting a couple of those!

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah i saw that speeder bike, i'm gunna get one for sure... wonder why they cut them from the movie...

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw02dlxanakinffaloose.jpg] MUST CUT THE CHEESE!

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    ^ ^ ^
    LOL!! [face_laugh]

Are you noticing that most of the new figs they're previewing have a McFarlane-esque feel----They look like statues, and have those huge bases. Uh-oh, I don't want Hasbro to go down the non-posable road.......

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    none of these figures have the quality of mcfarlane... except maybe the unleahsed figures... but they arent that close...

13. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Just antoher indicator that Toys arent for playing their for adult collectors only!!

How sad.....

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I didn't necessarily mean they have the facial and sculpt detail of McFarlane's.....Mainly, I meant they have that "just standing there" look, like TMP figs. Finney, if you are looking for the best detailed figures you can lay eyes on, look to Kaiyodo. Their Evas and Trigun figs have some of the best articulation and detail.

DSGeorge, you speak the truth, mi amigo. "Toys" are no longer for kids----They're for the "collector" (a vague term), and the scalper.

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i know, those japanese toys have all kinds of cool articulation and detail, there used to be a cool place called 'oh grow up' they closed down for some reason, but they had a lot of import stuff.

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    They used to be on the Mall, right? I remember DSGeorge and I tried to find them in Fresno a few months ago......They had moved, but were closing. Those jobbers!

Off-topic, but what Macross valks do you have?

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i have a superposable one. its bad ass! i also have a couple modles that i put toghether but they are in my closet someplace. heh... yeah oh grow up used to be in manchester mall, but they moved out into their own store and were there for a while, but i went back one day and everything was gone, no note or anything... oh yeah i played robotech battlecry, that game is SWEET!!! i dunno what the difference is, but i was playing the ps2 one... very sweet.

18. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I bought RT: BC the day it came out, and I was disappointed. It reminds me quite a bit of the PSX disappointments Macross VF-X & VF-X2. Blech.

I'm not sure if you're into the Yamato brand valkyries (The best in the business, IMO), but they have the VF-1J, -1A, and 1S' coming out. Here's a sample pic:

1/48 VF-1J

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i cant afford those yamato valkyries... too much for me... i had a vf-19, the one isamu dyson had in macross plus, but one of my friends offered me more money than i paid for it, so i sold it... i'd like to have one of the masterpeice editions... very sweet.

20. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Too bad you didn't hold on to that YF-19....They're going for insane prices these days!!! (Oops, I sound like a scalper) I kick myself in the ass daily for not getting the 19 & 21 back then, I love Mac Plus. It is a good thing they're re-releasing them, with Fast Packs. I'm all over them when they release.

You like those Masterpiece Collections? They're alright, but the Yamatos are much better, IMO.

Hey, isn't this a Star Wars thread.....?? :eek: ;)

21. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well i pretty much like everything that is a valkyrie... i even have some flea market ones that transform and everything, paid like 5 bucks for them, though they are made of cheap plastic i think they are cool. and yeah i know i wish i still had that vf-19. i'd like to have the vf-11 as well, i loved the begging of macross plus when isamu was kickin ass in the 11.

22. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    As an update of sorts, KB Toys in Merced appeared to have gotten at least 1 shipment of the Maul Sith Training/Tatooine Attack Anakin wave. The Anakin was gone, but I found the Maul. I left it on the pegs, I think that it is horrendous. This is the first shipment of the newer waves I have seen for months!!

23. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    cool... so the new figures are that bad huh?

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I think that the new Maul is a piece of trash. It has a funky ass looking robe on, that is lame. I think the Deluxe Maul, that came with the Probe Droid, is the best one thus far. The last time DSGeorge and I were in Fresno (after the last meeting we all had), we saw one and the Tatooine Attack Anakin over at a scalper store at the mall (the 2-story one).

25. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Jirin_Raman

Finney and i went to Fashion Fair Mall yesterday to look around. We went to KB toys and actually found new figures!!! There was the Tusken Attack Anakin, Jango Fett(Slave I pilot), Padme(Coruscant attack), clone trooper(gunner).Just thought I'd let you know!
    I picked up the anakin, padme, and clone trooper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.