main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Star Wars question

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nasus_Sivad, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I am sitting here watching Revenge of the Sith and have a question about something that Palpatine said to Anakin right after killing Mace Windu. Anakin asked Palpatine to help him to save Padme when agreeing to become his apprentice. Palpatine made the statement that only one has overcome death but together they would try to ensure that Padme didn't die. Who was the one that had overcome death previously?

I am just not as knowledgible as alot of you guys about this stuff and figured one of you would know. :)

2. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    That was Palpatine's master Darth Pleagus(sp???). Ol Palps mentions it during thee ole opera scene. He tells Anakin in that way to twist-n-turn Anakin into a proper sith tool. Since there hasn't been a official backstory to Palps outside what is given in the books, comics & film & Sidious hasn't even been touched. According to EU- comics, Darth Andeddu was the 1st sith to animate his body after death. His mind functioned, his body responded to its commands a millenia before ANH(A New Hope)or 0-BBY(Before Battle of Yavin). It wasn't until the Legacy series that Darth Wyyrlok on the planet: Prakith, found Andeddu's mausoleum and confronted the ancient sith spirit for his power to give to his master Darth Krayt who was better known as A'Sharrad Hett during the Clone Wars.
    Hope this helps:-B!!!

3. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Thanks Vos, Earl figured you or Marric would know as you read the books. :) I thought I missed something somewhere along the way. It is amazing how you can watch them over and over and still find something that you missed or didn't "hear" before. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.