Star Wars Radio?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by cdgodin, Nov 26, 2011.

1. cdgodin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Didn't know where else to ask this, so I'll ask it here. I got a new car yesterday (!!!), and when I was browsing the brand new XM radio that came with it, I noticed Star Wars Radio, on station one forty-something. So, what kind of stuff plays on that station? Does anyone know? Thanks.
  2. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 6
    It was on Channel 146, and it's a temporary channel, probably over by now. They were re-broadcasting Celebration 5 from August 2010; they said they were doing it as a feature for Thanksgiving weekend and to get people ready for Celebration 6 next summer. I listened to it live when C-5 was happening and I listened to the re-broadcast last weekend; some pretty good stuff, including a funny interview with Mark Hamill.

Sadly though, "Star Wars Radio" is not something that is broadcast on satellite all the time. That being said, I still find satellite well worth the money, as terrestrial radio in my area sucks.
  3. cdgodin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Huh, sad that it's over, I guess. Wish it was a longer-running thing, with podcasts from different websites on it and original interviews. Oh well, hope it's back again for CVI. Thanks.
  4. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I actually didn't even know such a thing existed. :p
  5. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    And here I was hoping this would be a thread about the Radio Drama.

Oh well.
  6. danmcken Force Ghost

star 3
    Me too never heard it in years. Thats my day sorted gonna get up in the loft and find the cassettes

7. THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master

star 2
    Good morning everybody, you're listing to star wars FM and this is Luke Skywalker bringing you all the best tunes from the depths of Mos Eisley.
    Coming up in todays show, old ben kenobi will be joining us to talk about whether his lightsaber ignites as fast as it used to...