main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Re-releases???

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo-07, Nov 14, 2013.

?

Will Disney re-release the first 6 films before December 18th, 2015???

1. Hell Yeah!

23 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Hell No!

31 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

As far as I'm aware of the 3D release were put on hold until the release of episode 7

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Personally, I'd be happy with even the *gasp* Special Editions without any extra bells and whistles - just give me classic OT on the BIG SCREEN again - even if was one of those 'Fathom Events' ( saw Love Never Dies that way, twice, and it was breathtaking).

Pro Scoundrel and Darth_Pevra like this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I never got to see the OT on the big screen. :(

Doing so would be a long-time dream of mine. :D

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The only Star Wars movie I've never seen on the big screen is Return of the Jedi. I was only 3 when it was originally released and for some reason I didn't bother to see the Special Edition in the theater, despite having gone to the first two.

5. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i wont vote until we find out what the situation is between Fox and disney on this matter. Really important issue this. As the fox logo threads testify. Im sure the companies would mutually benefit but wow that fox into is iconic they may not want to bring attention to that

6. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    [​IMG]

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  7. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Disney might be worried about prequel/SE fatigue.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I saw them in release order and it was good. But it was hard work, arriving for 7am and getting out around 11pm

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    By true and proper, I mean canon. It's true that it is my opinion in liking them more, but it is fact that any prior version is non-canon.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd buy a ticket, some popcorn, maybe a drink and sit happily for twelve hours with the biggest grin on my face if this were to happen! :D

11. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    If they did it for a week, people could split their own personal marathon 1 per night or 2 per night or 3 per night or however the heck they wanted to split it. It wouldn't have to be an all day thing (though they could do that too if they wanted to). Also, imagine a multipex set up so that each film was shown all day in 1 of 6 different auditoriums and each one had a theme room surrounding it filled with paraphernalia from that specific film (video games, toy sales, documentaries showing on displays etc. I'm not saying this could ever practically happen, I'm just enjoying my supergeek fantasy :D

[edit]maybe they could do that once the fabled Star Wars theme park becomes a reality[/edit]

Echo-07, Darth Raiden and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You'd miss most of ROTJ; the total running time would be almost 14 hours. :p

When the SE's were out some local theaters kept ANH and TESB on tap so they could play them together with ROTJ once it was released. But my silly self missed out on doing that. At least I saw all of the OT movies when they were out theatrically originally, and again as the SE's though... and of course all the PT movies too. But a marathon would have been cool. The closest I've come is a DVD marathon in one weekend... PT on Saturday and OT on Sunday.

13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I've made it through all the movies in one day a couple of times, but it isn't easy and I get pretty burnt out before it's all over so I don't enjoy the last few as much. I tend to be on the verge of nodding out through most of ROTJ when I do that too. My preferred method of watching the films is either one a night or a trilogy a day, and occasionally two a night, always beginning with Episode I of course.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You misunderstood me. I meant I'd be grinning for the first twelve hours but those last two would be spent with tears running down my face from a combination of seeing the saga come to an end and in memory of my poor extremities that I lost all feeling with five hours before. :p

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My apologies. That makes perfect sense. :p

16. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm still really hoping for the 3D re-releases to come back!!!

Jarren_Lee-Saber and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Those are domestic numbers. Internationally the Titanic 3D re-release made almost $300M.
    http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=3drereleases.htm

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I've never sat down for a marathon all the way through (simply because I have a hard time getting through TPM and AOTC). There would be no better time to do so than the lead-up for Episode VII.

But of course, this all hinges if on they do something like this.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As much as I love SW...I don't think I could just sit down for 12 hours and watch all six movies.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think they should re-release them, and have EVEN MORE CGI add-ins just to make the cranky purists snivel.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to see at the least the OT in theaters. Never seen them there before.

Team Padme likes this.
  22. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    You kidding? E7 is still 2 years away. We'll probably get 3 or 4 repackagings between now and then.

Gallandro likes this.
  23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Seeng the films in the cinema is a great experience and just one that can't be replicated at home (even with bg screens etc). I find it impossible to do a Star Wars marathon in a single day at home... I can only get through two films (be it 2 from the OT or PT). :)

24. DLINE

DLINE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2013
    I bet they will. I hope it's in IMAX 3D thr whould be awsome I whould so go to that.

25. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Yes, I'm aware of how well Titanic did overseas, but that's because of the Chinese market where 3-D plays extremely well for some reason. Titanic 3-D made $145 million of it's eventual $285 million international gross in China alone... It played very soft in the rest of its foreign markets, hell just look at the numbers in Japan. Back in 1997 Titanic made $201 million dollars in Japan (far and away its best performance overseas), the 3-D reissue managed $4.8 million, almost $2 million less.that Phantom Menace in 3-D.

Yancy

Count Yubnub likes this.