Hou, TX Star Wars Readers(Books)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by yoda4982, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    argument over weather it was spelt Ya'll or Y'all.

Well, the point of the apostrophe is to take the place of the missing letter or letters. Therefore, in the conversion of "You All" to "Y'all," you are replacing the ou with the apostrophe. Hence, the Y'all. :D

;)

BEAT ou!

2. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    I really did know that, i just hit the keys on the keyboard wrong, i just said that becasue i was tired and don't like to bge challeged that way, sorry for my snipyness.

Yoda
  3. Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Master

star 1
    I am also an avid Star Wars reader, having read the NJO 5 times up to Traitor, since I have yet to locate Destiny's Way in a bookstore... I would love to be in a club, count me in!! Just tell me where and when...
    Anyone know of a good bookstore north of the Greenspoint area?
    And where on 1960 is this Barnes and Noble??
    Please answer ASAP!!! (I am being driven insane by the fact that I cannot find it...)
  4. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    1960 is rather extensive you know 8-} would yo be talking about the one closest to willowbrook? :confused:
  5. Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Master

star 1
    I do not know, I am from a small town south of here... Houston confuses me, I am not used to any road being longer than 5 miles, save for the two highways through town.. Anyway, thanks for the input, very helpful... I guess i will just have to reread NJO few more times and go find DW up in Michigan...

Later!
  6. Darthmusic Jedi Master

star 1
    The Barnes and Noble is on 1960 and Champion Forest. Here's some info. If you're coming up 45 N you can take the 1960 exit and turn left on 1960 and then go down it several miles. The major intersections are Kuykendahl and then Veterans Memorial. There are a bunch of intersections I'm not mentioning for obvious reasons. I believe from Veterans Memorial to Champions Forest it's 3 or so lights. There is a Blockbuster on the left a block before the Barnes and Noble which is also on the left. There is also a light to turn left so it's pretty easy. I hope this helps. I too grew up in a small town and Houston was very confusing for years for me. If you need any help drop me a line or pm me.

Bryan

Barnes & Noble
    5303 Fm 1960 Rd W
    Houston, TX 77069
    (281) 631-0681
  7. Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Knight

star 2
    All I know is that I work at the B&N in Pasadena and we definitely have it. It's pretty good, I read it last week or so.
  8. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    the B&N on 1960n is by Champions, near willobrook Mall, they have many copies of DW and for those intrested they have SbS there on PaperBack for 20% off

9. Darthmusic Jedi Master

star 1
    I forgot to mention the Barnes and Noble is by Willowbrook Mall.
  10. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    Darthmusic, do you live on the northside?
  11. Darthmusic Jedi Master

star 1
    Yes, I do live on the NW side. I live off of 290 ,North of the beltway, and off Hwy 6. Hwy 6 turns into 1960 once you cross 290 FYI. Have you found the Barnes and Noble yet or have you had the chance to got there? If you need some help getting around here I'd be glad to help.

Bryan
  12. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    I live near the intersection of Spring Cypress and North Eldridge. So I am on the NW side too. I finish DW quite some time ago.
  13. Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, thanks for the help, i did find the B&N, but not before stopping at the Waldenbooks in Greenspoint Mall...
    They were having a sale, 5 sci-fi books for the price of four, so I spent the money there,so DW will just have to wait until this weekend. I did finally purchase a copy of Truce at Bakura, since the copy my local library had fell apart- pages missing, etc.

Thanks!
  14. Darthmusic Jedi Master

star 1
    Glad I could help. Like I said if any of you guys need help I'm available. BTW DW is an excellent book. I thought it was one of the best NJO books imo. Talking about getting books on sale there is a Half Price Books near Veterans Memorial & 1960 that I have gotten some great deals on. If you are coming from 45 it is just after that intersection in a strip center before Target on the left side.
  15. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    FYI: i live off of Cypress-Rose hill and 290, so i am northside as well.

I just started SbS, and that book is long, i hope it doesn't disappoint and i already know about the key death that should not have happened.

Yoda
  16. Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Master

star 1
    I finally bought - and am about a quarter of the way through- Destiny's Way!!!!

I am so gay and carefree now! (Note: Only the carefree part is a new development ;) )

Later!
  17. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    so read any good books latly

i am half way through SbS, and its great, have yet to get to the un whated part.

18. Matthew_Wolverine Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm a big Star Wars reader. I've read all of the EU books except the YJK series(I read one of them) and Cloak of Deception.
  19. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    cool MW, nice to see you here...well i am deep into SbS, and i got to...The part(for those who have yet to read Star Wars New Jedi Order: Star By Star, i won't tell what that is)

i think SbS is on the whole and really good book, just one thing bad about it.

20. AlexiAlexander Jedi Knight

star 2
    SbS is great it the irrevocability of Dark Journey that sucks.
  21. Slowmo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, I'm stumped. The last few EU books that have been published show in the timeline a book called "Darth Maul: Sabatour" I haven't seen this book anywhere. Anyone know where I might find it or if it's been published yet?

Doug
  22. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    Finished SbS and i can say great...and i am regreting the book of Jania the brat.

anyway...i think, now i'm not certin, but the Maul "book" you are talking about is an eBook that was extra content for the Maul book Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

now i am not 100% on this but i think thats right.
  23. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    ok i started to read Dark Journy, and got a headach, so i decided to skip it, and started to read Traitor(i know i skipping two others) and that gave me a head ach so i just went on to DW, and i must say they do much better when they are not focusing on one charcter, mainly the ones i hate the most.

i hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays
  24. Darthmusic Jedi Master

star 1
    Darth Maul Sabatour is an ebook but the story is included with the paperback Darth Maul book.

Yoda4982, I would suggest reading Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand. Those two books were good. You definately miss out on some action by not reading those. Dark Journey and Traitor weren't the greatest books but they gave you an inside to there characters especially Jacen.
  25. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    I do plan on read those books, its just i was reading DJ during the holidays and i wanted something more, and i don't have RS or RD yet, but plan on getting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.