main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Star Wars Readers(Books)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by yoda4982, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    You could skip DJ and still figure out whats going on but you have to read the Aaron Allston books which do include everybody and are wonderful gems of humor in what had become a really dark story arc. Now I'm going to stand on my soap box pillar as an English Major and tell you that Traitor is the best SW book ever written. It is not my favorite, which is Truce at Bakura, but it is really the best, most complex, literary and Modern book written to date in the EU. (I mean Modern like James Joyce or Joan Didion Modern; not modern like weird black and white amorphous furniture modern. You may not enjoy Traitor as a SW atory but you must read it as an excellent peice of literature and since this is a readers club I feel fully justified in the security of my soap box.

2. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Warning...this isn't about a SW book.

Anyone started the new Robert jorden book yet? Any fans of the Wheel of Time out there?

DOug

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Reading it right now.

4. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I plan on reading tratior and the the other two, i started to read DJ and it seemed like it was going to fall short, yeah i know she falls to the dark side, but it was that great, i was in to it when i started to read it.

As for other books talk all you like about them i meant for this to be a place Readers in the HFF came to talk about books.

any way carry on

5. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I have read most of the SW books up to DW. I like them all, not because of literary work (although it does make them better) but because it continues the story GL got us addicted to in '77. I have read many series (Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Wheel of Time, Piers Anthony) but I will read every book from SW. I thought Traitor was probably one of the best because it went deeper into Jason's mind than any other character so far (except maybe Corran Horn in I, Jedi). Anyway, when I can afford to, I will get DW and the ones after.

6. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    well for everyone who is currently reading the NJO, Force Heritic I:Remenate(ok i KNow bad spelling mistakes) is out, and i am surprised. Its bigger than i thought it would be, and right from the prologue your hooked. Looks like this will turn out to be a promising triology in the NJO and i recomond it to everyone. I'm not done yet, but once i am, i'll give it some time for other people to read before posting my offical review on the book.

7. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up Yoda. I hadn't realized a new NJO book was out yet. I'm having trouble weeding my way through the 10th installment of Wheel of Time. At least I know what I'll be reading next now.

Doug

8. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    Well guys here is my review of the NJO's latest book.

Well from the beginging your hook with intrgue and you know this book is going to deal with someone other than the main three, but the stupid kids too are not the main feature its Saba, Danni, Thiri and Jag that are really expanded. Jacen and Jainia are made likeable, very much better than they were going before DW, and Mara is barly there. Jacen might have found his calling. And the action is really cool. The action with Empire was great and Nom Anor's little story line with the Shamed Ones was really great, a great set up to what might be happening inside the vong ranks. My favoriet line was "And the Empire will always strike back" just great.

Well this gets 4 out of 4 stars, even though it didn't have chapters that was easy enough to look over. Most like the best NJO book to date, SBS comes in second now for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.