main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars reading list...

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, I just finished Tatooine's Ghost, not a good as I was hoping, but still better than the average non-SW novel.

My SW reading list is now:

Shatterpoint
    Approaching Storm
    Children of the Jedi
    Darksaber
    Planet of Twilight
    New Rebellion

and then any others I pick up in the mean time...anything that has come out since Shatterpoint I don't own...

As you can see I am a little behind in my reading, but hope to be caught up before the year's over.

What about anyone else?

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm also behind in my reading, but not nearly as behind as you are! :) I have to read the last 5 books of NJO, plus Shatterpoint and Survivor's Quest. The entire X-Wing series is on my to-do list as well. It's been ages since I've read the older books. I should read them again sometime, I really enjoyed most of them.

Tatooine Ghost was the last book I read as well. I only finished it recently after starting it about a year ago when it came out. Darn college and its impedence on my free reading time! :p

3. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I may not get to the really old stuff until I get desperate for SW reading (ie they've stopped printing books and comics). I never got into the NJO stuff as I didnt like the new policy of killing off people for not apparent reason than just to show they could do it. Now, you have polls and discussions as to who'll be next, how depressing and morbid!

4. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    OK, read the NJO, X-Wing series (if you haven't read that it is a MUST!!!) especially the Wraith Squardron books.

I'm currently reading Rebel Dawn and then I'm probably going to pick up the new Zahn book.

My favorite author is Allston. I think he is brilliant.

Unless you like torture (to your brain and eyes) I don't recommend the Black Fleet Crisis. You will never ever need the information in these books for reference (except one time in the NJO and it doesn't matter if you don't quite get it) and I spent way too much precious time reading this triology and to this day I regret that time that I can never replace! 8-}

But seriously, I don't recommend it.

Happy reading!

5. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I havn't yet read the new Dantooine and Med book. Other than that I am caught up. Halfway through the NJO, I decided to reread all the old books...

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    My reading drive is rather limited right now and the only SW reading I am doing are the two Dark Horse comic titles, Empire and Republic.

7. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    I always kept up well with the comics until I went abroad. Now I feel I am hopelessly behind and will never catch up...let alone get my hands on all the ones I missed. :(

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, for folks like you, Dark Horse has put together the storylines of Republic into Trade Paperbacks. :D

9. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Nice! I was reading up on the comic book information last night. I grew up in SC, and there was a great comic book/collectors toy store there, Heroes and Dragons. I rejoined their subscription list last night, so starting this month I should be getting all the latest issues.

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    What part of SC? I spent a little more than a year in North Charleston. That store sounds familiar.

I was on Comic Store West's subscription service until recnetly when budgetary restraints removed most comics from affordability, but I have to keep up with SW!

11. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    I lived in Lexington and went to the Heroes and Dragons in Columbia. I believe they also had a smaller branch in Charleston. Anyway, absolutely amazing store!

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    When I was in Charleston, it was during my remission period from comic addiction, so I only went in a couple times in the whole year I was there. I was big into grabbing just about anything Ep1 durng that year, so one addiction simply eclipsed the other... :D

13. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Oh, addictions! A collector's toy store opened up in Carlisle while I was abroad, and I have to force myself not to go crazy and buy things everytime I go in! But it's a great little store.

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    What kind of stuff do they have and are the prices decent? Might make a trip up there more interesting... ;)

I am trying to keep my addictions in check so that I can put money into a TIE Pilot costume, but I keep running into things that are hard to say no to, like vintage SW posters.

15. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Ooooh. I've always wanted an X-Wing costume. Anyway, SW wise, the store has lots of figures (old and new), legos, stuffed ewoks and a lot of odds and ends. I really need to go in and check it out thouroughly before I could tell you in detail...

16. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    What's the name of the store? I may be able to find out some more about them through the web as a lot of store like that tend to have sites to sell stuff.

17. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    The "Toy Cave" and it's on Hanover Street in Carlisle.

18. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    what I can't make up for in buying collectibles I spent my time reading. I just finished Medstar 1 battle surgeons. It's a very different kind of sw book. It deals more with the horrors of war rather then fighting. Other books I have lately read include:

The Thrawn Trilogy
    Survivor's Quest-which I got my book signed by timothy Zahn
    Star wars Galaxies
    Courtship of princess leia
    Tatooine ghost

I'm currently reading Shadows of the Empire.

19. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    I havn't gotten either MedStar or Dantooine yet. Can't wait for the 15th!

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I haven't gotten Medstar either. I will look to pick it up for something SW to read on vacation.

Tatooine's Ghost was pretty good, it provided some interesting insights. Won't say more as I dodn't want to spoil it for you.

I recently acquired Survivor's Quest (signed by Zahn) from SWShop.com. And I plan to include Cestus Deception on my wish list for B-day and Christmas presents from my family.

21. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Yes I plan to pick up the Cestus Deception soon also. Just after I finish Shadows of the Empire.

If your interested check out walmart. The Walmart in east and west york has both shatterpoint and Battle surgeons for $5.97. But I'm sure other Walmarts have them to.

22. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Great, I will look for Battlesurgeons the next time I am there. Thanks for the info.

This is one of the things that an FF is good for, letting other local SW fans know about good deals and such! The Walmart in East York also had a lot of the OTC figures yesterday if anyone is interested.

23. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Believe it or not there would be more figures there if I hadn't bought them. I picked up a ROTJ Vader, scoutrooper, and Luke and ANH Luke. Just yesterday.

24. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Just got in from work, what an exhausting evening... Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think it is great that in just a matter of weeks this board is starting to revive! :D

25. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear it was such a rough day, Elizabeth. I am also thrilled to see the turnaround that the board has taken. And I have to say that it is amazing what you and Pete have done to get this happening!

Pete, it's just lucky for you that none of those were ones I wanted, or you'd have to pay! ;) :D :p

I must say that I am a huge Zahn fan and I am looking forward his future projects! I wish I had gone to meet him when he was down in MD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.