main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Reads day - Oct 15

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Oct 3, 2016.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The Denver Public Library has invited us to participate with them again this year.
    One year we were in their foyer with the jabba toss and a table of books and a button maker that sorta worked. Last year we were on their North lawn with multiple booths including a green screen photo booth, circuit coloring sheets, Yoda ear building, our table of books, and a performance from Star Wars Shakespeare. We were booted out to the lawn because the Booklover's Ball took over the library.

This year the Booklover's Ball will once again be happening that day, however, they library has decided to hold Star Wars Reads Day in their 4th floor ideaLAB space. They would still like for us to participate.

This has been a great partnership for the RMFF over the past few years and one I believe we should continue. Would people be willing to show up for a couple of hours to staff a table and have a good time?

Their event will go from 11 - 12:30 pm.

2. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I would like to. I am a "maybe" for now. I start school next week and I am not sure yet how involved that will be.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm in. 90 minutes seems to me only about half of previous years events.

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, it's a short one this year. It does seem like the event gets smaller each year, which is strange since we're in a renaissance of Star Wars activity worldwide...

5. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    they are having the same event up here at the Carbon Valley Regional Library in Firestone, CO. I wonder if any SW groups are participating? I think Grey Haven is putting on an "interactive" version of the Force Awakens. Should be fun I am taking the kiddos saturday!

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Have fun!