main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Reads Week Celebration 2015

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Tara_Librarian, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Tara_Librarian

Tara_Librarian Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    The Force is strong at the Library! Star Wars Reads Week, a celebration of all things Star Wars and the joy of reading, has returned. Each location will host different activities, so you may want to attend more than one. Family friendly activities may include crafts, games, costume contests, trivia, snacks and fun worthy of a galaxy far, far away. Costumes encouraged!
    Tuesday, October 6, 5 p.m. @ Ford-Warren
    Wednesday, October 7, 3:30 p.m. @ Woodbury
    Thursday, October 8, 3:30 p.m. @ Field
    Thursday, October 8, 4 p.m. @ Montbello
    Thursday, October 8, 6:30 p.m. @ Bear Valley
    Friday, October 9, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.@ Hampden
    Friday, October 9, 4 p.m. @ Sam Gary
    Saturday, October 10, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. @ Central, North lawn***
    Saturday, October 10, 12 - 4 p.m. @ Gonzales
    Saturday, October 10, 2 p.m. @ Athmar+++
    Saturday, October 10, 2 p.m. @ Park Hill ^^^
    Saturday, October 10, 2 - 4 p.m. @ Schlessman Family

Saturday, October 10, 3 p.m. @ Green Valley Ranch

***Jonathan is working Hana Solo, a dynamo librarian at the Central Library, on plans for a prominent RMFF presence at this event.

+++Athmar is especially interested in a Shakespearean Star Wars experiences for any thespians in the house.

^^^ Feel free to email me directly at tbannon@denverlibrary.org if you have any questions! Park Hill is my location!

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    At the September meeting we made plans to be at Central on October 10 from 10 to 1 on the North Lawn. I imagine we'll get more traffic from being outside compared to being inside.
    We'll bring the Death Star Prize Wheel, prizes, Jabba Toss, the button stamper machine, and I'll bring books from my collection. If others have books they'd like, for display only, that would be great.
    We'll get there at like 9:30 or so to set up.

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Here's the latest from Denver Public Library. We'll all be outside and they have some great activities planned! We hope to do a performance from SW Shakespeare, Verily A New Hope at around noon.

Here's the latest...

All of the stations for the day are set-up outside with both tables and tents. The stations are as follows:

- Lightsaber (pool noodles) building and Jedi training course
    - Pin the tail on the Tauntaun
    - Green screen photo booth
    - Circuit coloring sheets (e.g. adding lights to coloring sheets using circuits) additional coloring will be done at this table
    - Yoda ear building and finger puppets
    - RMFF table
    - Book trike stocked with Star Wars books to checkout

DPL got the promo materials and were just going to give them away, but you are also welcome to use them for prizes if you would like. I have 3 additional copies of Verily A New Hope, and the reading sounds great!

he-guy likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Hope to see y'all there tomorrow morning before the event starts at 10!

5. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I think I've picked up some post-travel crud. I may be a no show tomorrow :(

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll be at the bel Mar location in Lakewood. Happy SW Reads day!

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks to he-guy, pagil m'gar, Grant, and Joel for showing up to help with set up, take down, and helping families have a great time.

We had about 20 people visit our table and the tables DPL had set up. Kids also had fun whaling on Brian from the Mandos with pool noodle lightsabers. Good job taking one for the team, dude!

A performance of Star Wars Shakespeare happened in the park, too. DPL librarian Hana Zittel (who is also on the DCC panel about the SW books) performed as Han(a) Solo as we "acted" out the scene in the Cantina where Luke and Obi-Wan meet Han for the first time. Bravo to the actors!

Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

QueenHighMistress likes this.