main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels - 1.03 - Droids in Distress - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 4, 2014.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Did anybody catch The Walking Dead shout out they had in the episode. Kanan mentioned very distinctly that he will take care of the walkers.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Omg. I didn't even notice. That's awesome.

3. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    with the rainbow laser gun!

I also like that they don't know the proper terms of all the Imperial arsenal, I could buy them knowing or not knowing but I like them making their own names as such a Rebel group might.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. That's what makes it interesting. Unless they study the imperial handbooks or something and try to learn all the types of vehicles and things, it's more realistic if they don't know and just make up names. I mean; that's what I would do xD

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    (obviously for the sake of the show) They are an incredibly good and lucky band of Rebels, also with someone like Kanan leading them he could be studying the Empire's newest weapons which have been around for about what, 20 years in the show?

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Fourteen years since the fall of the Republic. But yeah, I agree with you there. Eventually though; that luck might run out. It's part of the reason as to why I don't want them to win all the time. Kanan could be studying the latest weapons though, you're right. Especially if a lot of the things they steal are weapons from the Empire. It would get them close up to said weapons and they could figure out how powerful they are etc.

7. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012

Totally agree, hopefully the Mouse Ears (Disney) will allow some failure, the Empire is a force that should not need Vader or Tarkin or even someone Force Sensitive to stop this Rebel...scum.

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I think Lucasfilm has more say then Rebels. And Zeb did almost die by Kallus in the episode. At least they are not afraid to go 'dark' with the series. But they are being subtle and not subtle ( considering the genocide of Zeb's people) about it. I'm hoping that Vader does not show up in person until season three.

Plus....

I don't think they will be winning anything in Rise of the Old Masters. But I don't know if you want to hear about that spoiler.

9. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012

Appreciate the consideration, I'd rather stay spoiler free! I want dark, dark, dark. This is a dark time. The Clone Wars was too light. Star Wars is a dark, sad, frustrating, helpless story for the good guys.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Uh, the clone wars had decapitations and murder. I'm not sure that's light at all.

But sure, that's fine. I like having lighthearted moments though. I mean; it can't be dark all the time; despite the era. People have to live their lives and enjoy it too.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Am I missing something? The AT-ATs in ESB were called "Imperial walkers" by the rebels.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I think people are reading too much into it. Don't think Disney will a shout out to a zombie gore fest.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

It's the most popular show going right now and the most mainstream current franchise. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the people making Rebels are big fans of The Walking Dead. And I'd imagine a lot of the kids who watch Rebels are watching Walking Dead as well.

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Erm...?

That's debatable.

15. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Aaah, sat down and watched this last night in the UK, I can finally read this thread!

Loved it, Rebels so far seems very action packed and exciting (esp the Zeb - Kallus fight). I liked the assumed familiarity or slight timehop as this episode opened. It felt like Ezra had been part of the crew for a little while since Spark Of Rebellion. No set-up required.

Tender moment between him and Zeb with the Force push was well done, gave me the warm fuzzies at any rate (what species is Zeb again, I know they mentioned it a couple of times but I couldn't quite work out how it might be spelt)

Such ANH vibe when 3PO and R2 are talking and beeping while wandering through the laser bolt battle, and then Senator Organa's appearance and moment of dramatic irony gave me a little goosebump moment.

This is Star Wars for me...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Hopefully my post above is not considered spoilery at this point. I'm loathe to go into the Offical Rebels Discussion thread as there are already spoilers for Fighter Flight in there. We don't get to see that episode over here until Thursday 23rd.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm surprised at how many spoilers are out for future episodes. I think the rule is that it can be discussed without spoiler tags once it has aired in either the US or Canada, whichever gets it first. (For TCW last couple of seasons, it was Canada.)

I'm not in the Official Rebels thread here or the Lit forum thread anymore for that reason; spoilers for episodes I can't watch yet.

KeithyT likes this.
  18. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

I know of a lot of kids ten or under from real life that watch TWD. It's the show currently that every age group is into.

19. Couq-DK

Couq-DK Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    I found myself laughing 3 times pretty heavily during this show :)

Got to love Zeb and Ezra, thus far the show is funny.

Doop and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  20. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Ezra is a lot more likeable then I thought he would be.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Agreed. He seems like he could be a good kid. I think he acts the way he does in certain situations because that's how he protects himself emotionally. You know, by taking on that 'I don't care about anyone but myself attitude." Like in the premier movie.

Force Smuggler and Doop like this.
  22. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I thought he would be like little kid Anakin.

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. Me too. It's a good thing he didn't ask to take Sabine on a magic carpet ride yet. " I can show you the world..."

Doop likes this.
  24. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    So far I'm rooting for the kid. He is likable, courageous, funny and best of all, he isn't an annoying brat like early Ahsoka and kid Anakin were.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    More I watch this one, more I love this "Garell" planet