main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels - 1.03 - Droids in Distress - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 4, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Yeah. Ezra is pretty likable. I was worried at first, because I thought he was going to be annoying. Glad I was wrong.

I hope we get a chance to go back there. I want to see more of it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He's only semi-annoying whereas I expected him to be like nails on a chalkboard.

So...agreed I guess?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I'll take it.

4. ExiIe

ExiIe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2014
    - galaxy feels smaller by shoving in OT characters
    - racism against droids
    - zero tension in fights
    - Crew leaves imperial droids activated and allows them to wonder around and access the comm system
    - Crew doesnt notice R2 pulling out his recorder right in front of them.
    - Zeb gets overly emotional over disruptors
    - imperial minister wears a stupid cone hat
    - Disruptors are banned by the senate but star destroyers aren't? Also op gun that can one shot vehicles and ships will probably never be mentioned again or used by imperials
    - Crew needlessly blows up disruptors in desperation when they could of just used them to destroy the remaining walker, storm troopers, and shuttle
    - Callous, once in charge of genocide, has been demoted to chasing delinquents
    - Ezra force powers too op, plz nerf

+Callous kicks zebs ass

Severe decline of writing from the pilot

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Bail was bound to appear early since this is rebels after all but I kinda agree that galaxy easily feels small like it many times did in TCW...
    I think it's "lothalian" traditional hat or something so I have no issue with that
    I think it's because of what they do to living beings is somewhat inhumane or something- It's no more odd than real world weapon bans IMO

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have to disagree with a few of your points.

There was anti-droid sentiment in both the OT and the PT. Having it here makes sense.

There was probably a reason that Zeb got emotional over disrupters, in fact, I was under the impression that they were used to help wipe out his species.

Agent Mutton Chops needed to kick Zeb's ass; we don't need the Imperials to lose all the time.

7. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Hera outright said that they were.

8. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Also on the point of disruptors being banned. Hera's words to Ezra: "have you seen what those weapons do to organics" gave me the impression that they were banned for being inhumane, kinda like flamethrowers. So I think that would be the explanation.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wellllll, I'm not sure the Empire would care about their being inhumane.

However, I would bet make a guess that the Empire considers disruptors more likely to be used by small rebel cells, which would explain their being banned but Star Destroyers not being banned.

10. ExiIe

Oct 11, 2014
    Huh? I put that as a positive

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Got it. I wasn't reading your plus and minus signs. [face_peace]

12. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    The disruptors were banned by the senate not by the empire. The senate has not been dissolved yet and still holds some sway.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There may not be much point in us arguing this until we see how the Senate is portrayed in the show, but I never got the impression that it was any more than Palpatine's puppet voting body, there to rubber-stamp anything he said. Hell, they were basically that in TCW.

14. ExiIe

Oct 11, 2014
    I would of preferred Zebs reaction to be more subtle, instead he roars at ezra to get out of his room and jumps back at the mere sight of disruptors

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well. It did destroy his home and family.

Why would be try to be subtle about something that destroyed his livelihood? He has a right to be angry.

16. ExiIe

Oct 11, 2014
    [face_dunno]:confused: I would of expected an elite honor guard soldier to be more in control of himself and more hardened

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Even the strongest person has a breaking point.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Exactly. No matter how tough someone is on the outside, if they have been through turmoil etc. Something can tick them off and they break down. In Zeb's case it was anger.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    The dialogue said the Senate banned them, not the Empire. Remember in ANH that even at that late date the Senate carried quite a bit of influence. Leia threatened Vader with Senatorial action when he took her prisoner on the Tanitive IV. Vader took that threat seriously enough that he faked the destruction of the ship with the loss of all hands rather than have them become involved.

20. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Not true, there were several times in TCW where the Senate could have (and almost did) derail the war, and Palpatine had to do some quick Xanatos Speed Chess to get things back on track.

21. ChrisMathersMU

ChrisMathersMU Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2014
    -True, but if anyone from the OT SHOULD make an appearance for no particular reason it's R2 and 3PO. I mean they had their OWN TV show decades ago.
    -You forget that throughout the galaxy-wide Clone Wars that the enemy was, well, droids. Remember Wuher? "We don't serve their kind here."
    -I feel you on the part about the Imperial droids but it's not like the Ghost crew are professional, well, anything yet. They're not even professional Rebels. Not exactly Alliance SpecForce. I don't know if they knew what to look for.
    -I never paid that scene with R2 pulling out the recorder no mind. Astromechs are always doing something sneaky and everyone was preoccupied.
    -Zeb probably saw his family get gruesomely disrupted.
    -Cone hat...no comment.
    -Flamethrowers are banned but drone strikes aren't. I'm with you on wanting to see the Imps using their disruptors and using them effectively however.
    -Shooting each individual stormtrooper would have taken time. They needed to buy time.
    -Kallus is ISB. They're the Space Gestapo. Between exterminating aliens and chasing criminals, they do it all. Don't forget, Yularen from the TCW who used to lead fleets into epic battles is now a colonel in the same organization. It'd be interesting to see Kallus have to report to him.
    -There's no such thing as "overpowered". Compared to Starkiller Ezra is just as weaksauce as every other Jedi. I mean a Jedi who couldn't do a simple Force shove when in a desperate life-or-death moment is hardly even worth training.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ChrisMathersMU

Seeing Kallus report to Yularen at some point would be awesome. I wonder how much he has changed in fourteen years. You know, besides looking much older.

23. ExiIe

Oct 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

Ozzel class incompetence, no wait even Ozzel would of deactivated the droids [face_laugh].

-buy time for what? It was 5 troopers, one walker that could of been one shotted, and kallus who they could of shot in the back. Even if they thought they couldnt take em they could of saved at least a few disruptors.
    -starkiller isnt canon, and ezra already is shown to be better than luke when he started

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    He's looking at 3PO, not R2.

And it's not like Ezra would pay attention to things like that anyway.

25. ExiIe

Oct 11, 2014
    Unknown his eyes could of been turned towards r2. Isnt Ezra the perceptive street smart guy? plus chopper is next to him. Regardless they shouldnt have even let them stay activated, or out of their sight.

Also if the droids work working for Organa, who didnt want the disruptors to fall into imperial hands, why did c3po then jeopardize the mission by calling for imperial reinforments? He could of killed the crew!