main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.04: "Fighter Flight" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 13, 2014.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.4!!
    Fighter Flight
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread once we have the info from the Official Site.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episode air on Monday on Toon Disney. Before that is may be streaming. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.
    slide-XD_SWR104_WebHeroSlider_1920x778-1000x405-Q100_1413218887273.jpg

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Can't wait to watch this one. I'm more excited for these episodes then TCW.

vong333 and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Spoiler Free version: loved the episode. very funny.

Spoilers ahead

I'm gathering from the vague impressions I'm getting that the episode after this one is going to be quite dark and serious indeed. That being the case then, I can definitely say this episode is the perfect contrast. A light heart-romp with some excellent laughs and good insights it the characters' personalities.
    It's an old story. Send the boys to market and hope they don't come back with a bag of magic beans.

Zeb's behavior was, perhaps the most interesting, only because he's 38 in human years and evidently a former honor guard and yet he acts like every bit a kid as Ezra does. it was good seeing Hera fill her maternal role, reminding them not to be tearing apart HER ship and then sending them to market...and on top of that, trying to play something of a joke on them herself by asking for something she thought was impossible to get. Every episode that passes, I love her more and more.

I really very much enjoyed the contrasts of Ezra and Zeb being out on this fast paced adventure while Hera and Kanan take some time to relax. When Kanan mentioned it being quieter without the kids around I busted up, because he was so right. of course Sabine was still around, but she obviously has much more constructive ways of using her energy. I love artistic types. Also, good for her for still not being impressed or moved by Ezra's crush and in fact putting his 'inspiration' to good use.

Since Ezra's formal training supposedly has started I do hope we actually get to see a bit of it on screen, not all of it, no need for that. But some would be nice. Though I suspect we'll get more of that in the next episode. This one was more about getting Ezra and Zeb to be friends and I think it worked really well.

It does appear that we are going to have to accept that every stormtrooper in this show has trained exclusively at the A-Team Academy of Marksmanship, but that's ok, at least for the time being. Though, speaking of which, when I first saw Ezra throw the fruit at the storm trooper on top of the transport I was so sure the first time through we had seen the first nutshot in the history of Star Wars, but I guess in re-watching, he aimed a little higher, so it really wasn't. Even so, still a funny scene.

"You did all this for fruit!?"

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait for this episode.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Did the Sabine scene involve Ezra leaning against the door to her room and asking her about art? Because that was in a trailer awhile back. Or was it something different?

6. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    It was excellent.
    I very much agree with Senator Kelberry on the tone

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  7. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmm...uhm...actually I don't know. If it was I guess I must've missed it. Still loved the scene.

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay that's fine. No worries. :)

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Oh yeah, were still waiting for that scene.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Doop

I hope it's in this episode.

Also...

Lol at Kanan referring to Ezra and Zeb as the kids/ and about having peace and quiet while they were gone to Hera. I guess Sabine's their mature, artistic daughter.

Doop and Senator Kelberry like this.
  11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It is in the scene, about 30 seconds into the episode after Chooper pisses off Erza again. Very funny episode, the entire scene with Kanan, Zeb and Erza in the Tie Fighter was gold.

Also it is obvious why this episode came before the real dark episode that awaits us next week or the following week, depending on how you watch the show.

The only thing that consistently gets me a little annoyed is the continued incompetence of the Empire besides Agent Kallus.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    So, I watched the episode. And here's my review.

• Lol at Chopper making the bowl move to make Ezra think he moved it with the force. Nice joke Chop.
    • Ezra."You know, if you ever need a little inspiration." Sabine. " Yeah; I'll be sure to look elsewhere." Lol. You go girl. The more she turns down Ezra, the more hilarious it becomes.
    • "Kid, you wake me; you die."
    • Yep; Ezra and Zeb are like a little brother and big brother duo.
    • Angry mom Hera is the best.
    • The marketplace was a nice touch.
    • So...Zeb is spiderman? How the heck did he grip the wall like that?
    • Lol @ that Imperial Pilot's scared face.
    • "Never actually flown one of these before." Oh boy...
    • Zeb....has an evil laugh?
    • Space Cabbage Rodian? Can we please have him in more episodes?
    • So...Sabine is the Mature artistic daughter of Hera and Kanan?
    • But seriously, that made me smile that she wouldn't let Hera into the room. Hera. " You do realize this isn't you're room?" Sabine." I was inspired....it was Ezra's idea."
    • Always blame the little brother. You've learned well Sabine.
    • "Eh...it could be worse....could be my room..." Well; at least Hera found the silver lining.
    • Chopper and Kanan playing space chess. :) Is that what it is called?
    • "I have to admit, it's a lot more peaceful on board with the kids gone."
    • Well, it's nice to know Kanan and Hera think of Zeb and Ezra as their children. Sabine to; I'm assuming. Even if it was meant as a joke it's still nice to hear.
    • "Yeah...about that, we um...stole a Tie Fighter..." " YOU WHAT?!" [face_laugh]
    • So...does this mean Ezra and Zeb are grounded?
    • "Get rid of it." " Do we have too?" Yep. Zeb and Ezra are brothers.
    • A troop transport is a good target for Rebels to take out. But then, when you put civilians were troops should be...it..well that's shady empire. The likely hood that they would die instead by accident perhaps is well...fairly high.
    • For a minute I thought Ezra nut shot that stormtrooper; but it was too high.
    • Sabine's drawing was perfect [face_laugh] I swear, I love her more and more each episode.
    • Ezra. "But...that makes me look like a fool. " Zeb." It makes me look like a bigger fool." Sabine. " I paint what I see." Ouch. Nice one Sabine.
    • Overall, I really enjoyed the episode and it was nice to have a lighthearted one.
    • I give this a 9/10.

13. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Oh my I can definitely see people hating all over this episode.

That said...
    I loved it - best line of the ep was "Wait, you did all this for fruit?"

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Let them hate. I mean, considering how dark the next one is going to be. This is a nice balance.

And that was a good line. Lol.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  15. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    Why do these threads require spoiler tags? They inevitably wind up being nothing BUT spoiler tags. There's nothing else to read. Just put "Spoilers" in the thread title.

16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I agree with this. Spoiler tags are pointless if every single post uses them. Just label the thread SPOILERS INSIDE and tell those who don't want to be spoiled to not open the thread.

17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Sounds like a small child named this episode.

kubricklynch and CoolyFett like this.
  18. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I agree. If someone comes in to the thread for the next episode they should expect spoilers. It's one thing if it's in the general thread. But this is a thread dedicated to the episode. Just seems odd to me. [face_dunno]

Just watched the episode. Twas a very fun one! It had a nice, solid pace with lots of funny moments. Plus we got some nice character bonding from Zeb and Ezra. Next week is gonna be amazing though!

CoolyFett likes this.
  19. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
  20. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    The problem has come from this rediculous decision by Disney to have a staggered airing of the episode.

For TCW the episode threads went up a few days before airing and we were able to discuss what we expected from the episode and any preview clips. Then we all watched it on the Friday/Saturday and we then could openly discuss it without spoiling.

Cevan likes this.
  21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This episode sounds better than what we originally thought; many of us thought it would be good awful, when the description was published a few ago.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think it's kinda odd that they stream each episode a week in advance before they air it on TV (if anything, it should be the other way around).

23. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm not complaining about early streaming.

TheOneX_Eleazar and Han Drolo like this.
  24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

I guess it's to combat piracy, but still it is pretty odd. Makes the airings less special as most everybody has already seen the episode. I remember when TCW TV airing was a big deal as it was our first look at a new episode.

25. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    They should probably just release the episode and the stream around the same time... next season. I can't wait two weeks between episodes this season.