main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rebels 3"75 inch Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Ani501st, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It was sort of tough to tell for sure with The Inquisitor, but looking at Kanan you can see what sort of look they're going for. They're definitely going for a %100 animated look, which is the right approach IMO. Limited detailing, but the lines are all clean and bold. The colors bright and contrasting. Kids will probably eat them up.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Not at all impressed by these Rebels figures - They look like Tonka toy figures from the '70's/'80's. Very little detail & articulation. I know that the intent is to make them look like the show, but I don't like the animation for that much either.

The 12" Rebels figures look sub-par as well; they actually look much worse than the original Kenner SW 12" Vintage figures from the late '70's/early '80's.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll have to see what my reaction is to the show before I decide on these. I've enjoyed Clone Wars because most of the episodes haven't been that 'kid-centric', as opposed to something like the old Ewoks and Droid series.

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'll pick some up for my Nephew, but I don't plan to get any for my self right away. I'm with LAJ, if I like the show I might get a few things. More than likely I'd wait and see if they eventually make a few of the characters in the Black Series (either scale) first.

5. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    I like the Inquisitor a lot, and since I'm a big MOC collector, articulation doesn't bother me as much. I'm personally excited for all the new characters we will see in the coming years and the figures to go along with them.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I'm looking forward to these, I've just started collecting and decided to focus on the more colourful/cartoonish, less-articulated figures. I think the Rebels range will fit/blend nicely with the Clone Wars micro series set of 20 for example.

I'm sort of hoping it will be another smaller range/series so it's affordable and achievable to get them all.

7. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Is this correct on best evidence so far?

Saga Legends single Rebels figures

Inquisitor
    Ezra
    Kanan
    Chopper
    Kallus
    Stormtrooper
    AT-DP Pilot
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Mission Series double Rebels figures

Zeb & Stormtrooper
    Sabine & Stormtrooper
    Chatro Vizago & IG-RM
    Wueffwarro and Kitwarr (Wookiees)

Roll on SDCC for more announcments I hope!:cool:

8. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I believe so, page 1 of this thread had more single figures I thought. Really looking forward to seeing these in stores! Anyone know when?

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen anything beyond wave 1.

10. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'd wager august/September. Maybe a few SDCC releases. Not exclusives, just early release.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    When does the show debut? If it's September, we could see these as early as late July/Early August. That's also when many stores do re-sets in their toy aisles.

12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, it was September or October. I thought they were doing like a special sneak peak in August though. Not to sure on that.

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Hmmm, well if it's September, I'd wager they'll want stuff on shelves by August. That's also when the Black Series stuff began hitting shelves last year, and I think that's the street date I saw for wave 4 this year.

I hope it's no later than August. These past several months have been a collecting black hole at retail.

14. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, especially with the fact that distribution of TBS has been beyond dreadful.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Mmm-hmm. I really hope that gets cleared up by this Fall. You expect some hunting in this hobby, but it's been a bit much the last few years.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - Entertainer had no Black figures at all when I was there this morning.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Hasbro promised to address this back when they announced the Black Series. If I recall, they cancelled their initial '13 plans and pushed back what would become the Black Series and re-branded "Legends" line in order to start fresh. Doesn't seem like it quite worked. I wonder if maybe they're just not getting the support at retail? It's not that my local Wal-Mart is selling out of the Black Series or Legends and not restocking, it's that they put out Wave 1 of each--months late--and never refreshed when they sold down/out. And Wal-Mart didn't even bother to carry the 6" line. Of all the retail chains here in the U.S., I'd say Target has been thee most supportive.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    From Jedi Temple Archives

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Oh yay, finally, new sculpts of figures that we haven't seen new versions of in a decade! I can't wait to see how horrible the paint looks on them!

-rolls eyes-

Hasbro has NOT inspired much love lately.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    No pics - order links at Dorkside

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Ooh, Leia Boushh! I'll buy that one, and star killer/malgus!

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Darth Vader Yoda’s Test :confused:? All I can figure is that it's the Vader from the cave on Dagobah. The one with Luke's face underneath. That's an odd name for it though. It makes me picture Vader sitting at a desk with a #2 pencil and a Scantron sheet.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok here's supposed to be a leaked full list of the 18 figures:

R5-G19 (Home One Astromech Droid)
    Darth Vader (Yoda's Test)
    Luke Skywalker (Wampa Attack)
    Darth Malgus (TVC repack)
    Starkiller (TVE repack)
    Princess Leia Organa (Boussh Disguise)
    Captain Rex
    Imperial Navy Commander (unknown if this the TVC repack or a "new" gray uniform repaint)
    Commander Wolffe
    C-3PO (who the heck knows?)
    Anakin Skywalker (The Clone Wars) (no details on this....)
    Commander Thorne
    Mosep Binneed
    Chewbacca (who the heck knows?)
    Commander Doom
    Rebel Fleet Trooper (no details on this....)
    Dutch Vander (X-wing Pilot)
    Princess Leia Organa (ANH – classic outfit or ceremonial?)

Source - Jedi Temple News

Apparently Hasbro got behind the whole angry Mom campaign wanting to know where Leia toys are. Woot!

Parantheses make a world of difference - now the Vader makes sense.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    I keep on thinking there's info on Sabine or Hera figures you guys! ;-)

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm betting the Anakin is a VC repack as well. Very pumped on the new Leia's though! Wish they were six inch too.