main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars Rebels Animated Series Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Han Yolo, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is actually what I'd prefer they not do. I'm hoping for an all new show, not a TCW continuation.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It's still odd that they didn't choose post ROTJ. What I'm thinking is that the Episode 7 producers want 7 to be the first time we've seen these characters since Endor. And maybe we'll fill in the gaps later.

But pre-ANH allows them to have their cake and eat it too. They can string along the TCW kid audience with a followup, but still get away from the prequel aesthetic (which still seems to be a Disney Lucasfilm mandate).

Granted, making the show look like McQuarrie isn't exactly a new concept. That was the intent from the start with TCW, right down to the painterly brushstrokes all over the character designs and vehicles.

3. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Exactly, if they could do something that even closely resembles something like this, I'll be every happy:

4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    If it played out that way I wouldn't object, but I definitely don't want SWR (first one to use this) to become TCW II.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not a fan of anime style animation, but that was actually pretty great!

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Agree 100%
    One story arc later on in the series can easily wrap up Ahsoka and one or two others if need be (Cad Bane or whoever). And that would be the end of them and everyone would be quite pleased.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Holy Tie-Bomber! Who made this? Is this just fan-made?

8. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    It is indeed fan-made, by Otaking, but I believe the original was taken down by LucasFilm, this is a re-upload.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, that video really blew my mind when I first saw it.
    Quite impressive for a fan-made thing.

10. Star Wars age 9

Star Wars age 9 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 29, 2012
    Yaay! This might just be great news!
    Less Jedi [please God, please] and more rebels, stormtroopers, smugglers, bounty hunters and... VADER!

I think I've had quite enough of dull warrior monks endlessly deflecting lazer bolts with sabers.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Filoni may well get his chance to end some of the unresolved character arcs from TCW in this show. This is good.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There's one thing I find sad about these news, now that I've had time to think about it. I really thought we were gonna get a post RotJ series, and I was hoping it would be used to save some EU works before the great wipe-out of '15. You know, like adapting the Thrawn trilogy and the likes. Now that won't happen.
    Oh well.

Vthuil likes this.
  13. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Plenty of time for that later. I mean when did TCW start? 3 years after ROTS. Once SWR runs its course we're are gonna likely see SWE (though the don't own Starwarsempire.com so it will have to have a different name) then TNR.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    We don't know that for sure. We might get something like that in a few years. If SWR (I'm going to keep using it until it catches on) goes 5 years like TCW did, then a post ROTJ show could start right as the ST theatrical run is finishing. Food for thought.

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    True enough, true enough. But I want NOW! [face_not_talking]

(just kidding ;))

16. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I hope they have better showtimes than 7 am on a Saturday. Once a week, never did catch that. I always watched online the next day. I bet a lot of people did and that added to the percieved low ratings.

jedinightwing and Episode Swag like this.
  17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    They had it on Friday nights for the first four seasons. Didn't seem to make a huge difference.

Once they got past season 1, and roughly half their audience left because the show wasn't living up to its hype, the big ratings numbers never came back.

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    WIN! =P~ It's like an animated graphic novel!

EDIT: 1000th post! :cool:

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  19. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    Save the Thrawn Trilogy?!?!

And the Thread goes...
    [​IMG]

20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope this new show isn't the replacement for the Underworld Live Action Series, I don't mind more SW on TV but I's rather it wasn't all animated.

22. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    But it's Disney!

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And Disney should remember Star Wars has older fans who don't just want stuff primarily aimed at kids.

Disney has done plenty of stuff aimed at an older audience in their movies, no reason they can't do it with TV.

24. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    DEFINITELY. I really didn't like TCW animation, to be honest - I want to see something a little more... adult?

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Although, I think this is the proper thread for this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.