main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars Rebels Animated Series Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Han Yolo, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

But not on Disney's watch.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Mothma, the Organas, Ackbar, C-3PO, and R2-D2 could be protagonists.

As for Porkins, they could have him ignore warnings about staying fit.

3. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    'And we all know what happened to Porkins'.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Personally I don't think a lot of people will care if Starkiller was in there and nerfed. Those who would complain in any case would be in a small minority. It's just like the situation with the plot of the ST. Those in charge will more than likely will ignore the EU and make something completely up. Ie, if they want to add in Starkiller then of course he will be nerfed.

He would have a very interesting story actually. He'd be a lot like Ventress in CW. He'd start out as an evil assassin, but as the show goes on he would start to do his own thing. Eventually he would no longer be evil and may even join the rebels.

However I do think that Vader is still a very formidable opponent despite being in that suit. He is the chosen one after all, and so his midichlorian count is still off the charts. Of course he is a force (no pun intended) to be reckoned with.

jc1138 likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Indeed. After all, he was clearly feared in the OT.

jc1138 likes this.
  6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    So Fall 2014. That gives us 2 whole seasons of "Rebels" before "Episode VII".

7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    How...? Assuming they go for a May or slightly later release in 2015, that's one season in later 2014.

8. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree with this. I don't want him to be involved with the rebellion, I would just like to see some cameos and see him doing his OWN thing. Not helping the Rebellion. I mean he wasn't even involved till he met Luke and Obi Wan. I wouldn't want to see them change the story to have him help out the rebellion. I think some episodes about him smuggling and just being Han would be pretty cool.

9. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    Han did have run ins with The Empire, which could make interesting episodes to throw in from time to time, without having him doing anything for the rebellion. He was in fact smuggling from The Empire. So he is a small blip on their radar I would think.

Episode Swag likes this.
  10. Theron Solo

Oct 31, 2012
    Yea I would just love to see some of the old faces in there. Boba Fett comes to mind as well. Heck maybe even give Lando some love. There are so many possibilities. I'm pretty excited. I was really scared when Disney bought Star Wars but man we are getting NEW Star Wars. I'm pretty damn happy.

Episode Swag likes this.
  11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    You know the hole series could be about fringe characters & new characters & not even touch the big characters ( Palpatine , Vader , Fett , Solo ect ).........

jc1138 likes this.
  12. Theron Solo

Oct 31, 2012
    That would be interesting

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's all subjective. One person's junk is another person's treasure. I personally don't think it works...at all, especially with the whole theme of giving Darth Vader a secret apprentice. And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Starkiller's god-like qualities are purely insane and it sucks any sense of peril right out of the story. Sorry to say, but I simply can't get behind this guy or the stories featuring him. If you think they're great, more power to you! Enjoy them!

I also don't want to rely too much on the EU at this point, especially with their track record so far. I want to keep an open mind about the new series and not tie myself down by stories that may potentially be overwritten to some degree (the same can be said for the ST as well). I guess we'll see how things pan out.

14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    How about Han in the Imperial Academy? Showing off his piloting skills. Living on the edge. Just getting by. Pissing off instructors.

15. Theron Solo

Oct 31, 2012
    That could be awesome haha. Pissing off instructors made me smile.

16. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    For those that don't pay much attention to the star wars television forum or watch TCW much watch this video and it likely will give you a decent idea of what Star Wars Rebels will be about.

http://starwars.com/watch/front-runners-featurette.html

The show will likely be about many of the various Rebel groups that were formed throughout the galaxy by the jedi. The overall story of SWR will likely be about how many of these rebel groups eventually came together to form the Rebel Alliance. The show will likely not be about the Rebel Alliance until the very end, The main corps of the show will be about the many different rebel groups placed throughout the galaxy before the alliance was formed.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Could be, but this video was done before the sale and staff/creative changes at Lucasfilm. Things might've changed with different people calling the shots.

18. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Chances are slim though with many of the same people working on the new show that things have changed much though. And remember Filoni stated that it was Lucas's idea to start the rebellion out that way. I have a pretty good feeling that this will be what SWR's main plot will be about.

You also need to remember it is called Star Wars Rebels. Not Star Wars Rebel Alliance.

19. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    The more callous and shut off a person appears, the more they've been hurt and betrayed by people who were supposed to love them. Cynicism is learned. I would say Han Solo is very much a damaged character, tarnished by less than ideal life experiences. His true nature, his warm heart, and his selflessness are revealed as he experiences the goodness and selflessness of others (Han and Leia).

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The problem with the Han Solo Trilogy (well, the one that's relevant here) is that it seems to ascribe too much of his character to a single event rather then life as a whole.

21. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i'm really hoping they bring back genevieve o'reilly to voice mon mothma. her portrayal of the character in ROTS was spot-on and i hated that her scenes weren't in the final cut.

themetresgained and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Did you actually read the trilogy? Bria is only one plot-point. There is also his childhood in slavery, the experiences with the T'landa Til, his expulsion from imperial academy and the reasons for it or how he fought the Imperials using illusions. The novels tell of many events that formed the person that is Han Solo and they might be my favorite EU novels period.

Also very much yes to the bolded part!!!

23. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    "Vader comes back to free the slaves as he promised and he upsets Jabba, who makes a stink to the Emperor, who bans Vader from the system Tatooine (explains why Vader didn't visit the planet in ANH)."

I guess Vader does not come to Tatooine, because he hates sand now all the more beause it's such even more difficult to get it out of his new suit (I know it's hermetically sealed, but you know " it's coarse and get's EVERYWHERE!!!)

24. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    I actually think Vader will have a large role in this series. I just hope they dont turn him into a bumbling cartoon fool, same goes for the imperials here..

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They should really only use Vader when they are also wiling to make the heroes fail or at least lose one of their own to his wrath. Whenever Vader pops up, death should be imminent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.