main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels as an entirely different concept

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Talos of Atmora, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I mentioned this on an earlier thread and I thought that it could possibly be a subject worthy of discussion. As someone who didn't like much of TCW as a whole and is finding a lot of Rebels to never be more than okay most of the time, I often wondered if my earlier hopes for Star Wars Rebels (before finding out Dave Filoni would be directing and that it would be placed on Disney XD) of it being a Band of Brothers-style television series would be a good idea. I mean, X-Wing: Rogue/Wraith Squadron and Republic Commando (Legends) as well as Battlefront: Twilight Company (Canon) have been pretty noticeable successes in terms of concept and execution. Why only have this type of atmosphere only be relegated to novels or comics? Is there so little hope for an on-screen portrayal of stories like these?

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I personally hoped that Rebels (before details were revealed) would be called "The Dark Times" and it would essentially be EXACTLY the same format as TCW except it'd take place directly after ROTS and give us stories about Vader, fugitive Jedi, Ahsoka's fate etc

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm happy with how it is.

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's best to keep this to our Official Rebels Discussion thread instead of creating a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.