main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Her introduction as an "awesome" character might have been overdone admittedly

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is how I feel about Mission Vao. But as for Ahsoka, I'm with a_g. She started out insufferable. She just became more competent later. That just made it worse.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

tjace, DelRiego and Cynical_Ben like this.
  3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    well thats my fault i guess. i did not watch the show

4. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    It's impossible to keep up with everything SW

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Its no problem. I've fallen for similar jokes myself in other franchises.

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So now I must ask myself... can Disney make Rebels look half as good as the final TCW season? I dearly hope so, because the Dark Times do have 'massive' story potential, and the Empire deserves a really awesome revival series.

I sadly have little faith in Disney/Disney XD at this stage, but Greg and Filoni may yet surprise me. I'm hoping so.

7. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    In Wiseman I trust

Contessa likes this.
  8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Trust to get cancelled by the end of season 2? This time, I hope he breaks his curse. I really, really do.

9. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Disney's not making the show, Lucasfilm Animation is. It's the TCW team with a few new faces added in (Weisman, Kinberg, etc). I'd be willing to bet that, while the animation might start out a bit rougher around the edges as the animators get used to the new models and differences in animation style, it will probably wind up looking better that TCW because, as we've already seen, the character models aren't made to look like wooden puppets. They still look cartoon-ish, but not Thunderbirds-esque like TCW did. We'll have to wait and see.

Don't even joke about that. Do not. [face_beatup]

10. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    :(

I meant in telling a good story but darn that's very true. I think Disney will have it going til they reach ANH, the propsition of star wars on their channel will draw many kids.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    TCW could never work for me but this might, could be a DVD buy to go with the Tarkovsky Clone Wars ones.

Brookstone likes this.
  12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    We can thank Dave for that

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I know. Sacrificing several great storylines to promote his pet character.

14. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    If only we get a nickel for everytime we went through that song and dance....

MistrX, Revanfan1 and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    [​IMG]
    "Dear Diary, Asohka is such a Mary Sue..."

16. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I wanted to quote on this, after seeing some of the new TCW episodes on Netflix. I personally like the Rebels art style better, and think it will end up looking better. It looks like they're using more traditional animated techniques, one of which is "squash and stretch". TCW had this kind of weird lifeless quality to my eyes that what I've seen in the little promo clips of rebels has been ironed out. (The Hera trailer in particular looks really awesome.) Now I'm not saying TCW looks bad, but I much prefer the style they are going with in Rebels.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Or Plo Koon or The Wolf Pack

18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

but Disney is still the over head. They make the final decisions

19. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Was it Disney's decision to add quicksilver & scarlet witch to avengers or was that Marvels ?

20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Maybe. Though I'll admit, by the end the animation had improved so much that I couldn't believe they were the same characters. If Rebels can match that in due time, I'll be a happy man.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

i honestly don't know where marvel ends and Disney begins. But it is my feeling that Marvel has more autonomy then Lucasfilm.

22. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Answer is no, it was Feige and Whedon. Let's put it this way, Disney has no issues with continuing money making franchises. But nothing has alerted me that Disney will directly take over the creative aspect of the franchise. If they give Marvel a hands off approach and raked billions why not LFL ?

23. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yes Disney is pretty handoffs as long as the Profit is flowing in.

24. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Somehow, I actually had no idea Lucasfilm Animation was doing Rebels. I thought Disney's in-house TV animation studio had taken over.

I have to admit, this makes me very happy. Not just because of their proven track record of quality animation on TCW, but because I would have hated to have seen Lucasfilm's newest division close down to become subsumed completely by the Mouse.

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  25. Brookstone

Brookstone Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Sometimes I wonder if this is what happened to George in between the original and the prequel trilogies...