main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    More the Emperor's trump card...and a far more effective one. Also more similar to the Inquisitor's "Your master is going to die" taunt. At this point, Kanaan is everything to Ezra.

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I don't want a character with such "coolness" as the Inquisitor become the next General Grievous.

3. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm torn. I don't want him to become ineffective as a villain but I also don't want him to get what he wants.

Megatron in the IDW Transformers comic eventually came up to that wall as a character: he was either going to be seen as a bumbling failure if he kept going on as a villain, die, or become an Autobot. Surprisingly, the writers decided to make him an Autobot.

For the Inquisitor, I imagine that the only option that will save him from being forever known as a bumbling fool will eventually be death.

At least to satisfy me. I have no desire to see him get what he wants. At all.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    At this point, I'm thinking he's going to be force choked by Vader for his failures.

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett and TrandoJedi like this.
  5. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Man I really need to read IDW's Transformers, so many comics, so little time.

I think if death is what is needed to prevent the Inquisitor from being an idiot who fails constantly then so be it. Would be neat to see more Inquisitors pop up.

6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    He did intimate that his master would not be pleased with his latest failure.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Really, because both Kallus (I think?) and the Inquisitor have won two duels each now, by my score. They may not have killed their opponents, but they still won and would've killed or captured them if not for intervention. That's more than ever happened in the first season of TCW; by my count, Ventress stand-stilled Luminara once before losing to her and Ahsoka, and that's all I can remember.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    After watching the most recent episode, gosh I love this show. So much. It's like my old WEG games.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ezra sucks at making checks, that's for sure.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He'd have like 1D in Sense and 1D in Alter, max. Be fair! :p

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What's the DC on deflecting milk cartons? :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, from memory Lightsaber Combat is a Control + Sense power, so assuming the GM allowed him 1D across the board (Control/Sense/Alter) he's like... got no chance of deflecting. So yeah. Works.

13. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
  14. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I bet this is how they get the storyboard for every episode, they just role play the script and re-write it according to the dice. :p

Evil.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

We're discussing a cartoon in Lit. Or, get your hand off it my son, you'll go blind.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You should post a SW RPG breakdown of the events of each episode as they occur. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Evil Incarnate and CooperTFN like this.
  17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009

Clearly you missed the subtle underlying theme of the message, given that I have spent 5 years and over 1500 posts on a Star Wars message board. It was merely poking fun that some of y'all are into what some outsiders might consider more nerdier things than I have delved into (given that I would, if I had a) the money b) the time, or c) the people to play it with).

Also, y'all hear of that rumor that Rebels will end after 3-4 seasons and then we'll get a ST era show?

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007

Grievous killed Nahdar Vebb & Gha Nachkt, as well as commanding the Malevolence task force that wiped out thousands of clones. Arguably he even forces Fisto to run, with the help of his friends of course.

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  19. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    My point is, if the villains continue to lose or almost win (which is the case for now) they will end up being incompetent, and I hope that won't happen. I have faith that they will actually have at least a small victory by the end of season 1.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That was a more valid desire in the war show, I think--in Rebels, I dunno what a clear-cut Imperial victory looks like other than someone getting captured or killed. And not even the former, really, because they'd just be rescued later on anyway.

Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Potentially Fulcrum's head on a spike.

How about Seebo not getting away. The discovery of a Force artifact somewhere and a subsequent race to the item that the heroes lose.

Introduce another faction of Rebel's working with our heroes, give us a couple episodes to get to know them, then have the Empire wipe them out.

The sky is the limit, but to do this the show needs to expand itself and add characters.TCW did this in a fairly consistent manner, even if it was just new characters like Ima Gonna Di, Vebb, Steela, or Davu Golec for the villains to notch their belts with. Grievous wiping out Nightsisters, Maul & Randy wiping out Black Sun and Jabba's henchmen, Randy killing those two red shirt Jedi. Any of that type of stuff works on at least some level to make the villains a little more credible.

Of course TCW also destroyed Grievous's character, but thats a separate issue :p

Abadacus, CooperTFN and Iron_lord like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Empire could kill Seebo.

DelRiego likes this.
  23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Good points--of course, I seem to be the only one who thinks Fulcrum is a double agent. [face_devil]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I wonder if the inquisitor occasionally coming up empty handed is something that Vader is actually fine with. If the inquisitor was getting every Jedi he was sent after Palps might start to consider replacing his apprentice with a toothier upgrade. Vader might like that the inquisitor is mostly competent but not quite powerful or talented enough to threaten his position.

Valin__Kenobi and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Ventress didn't lose to Luminara and Ahsoka, she just left because she didn't have anything to gain by staying there. She completely won that episode, even if she didn't get any Jedi kills in.