main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also, kinda loved this Filoni response to the question of whether Hondo plays a role in the formation of the Rebellion: "Hondo likes to play a role in the formation of money."

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I love that there was a Hondo cosplayer at the convention who could apparently do the accent and asked when he was going to show up in Rebels. The imagery of Hondo going, " 'ey, Filoni!" is really funny to me.

3. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    There's blood of younglings on his hands!

DelRiego likes this.
  4. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    And thus, Kanan becomes even more protective of Ezra while Rex is around.

pepoluan likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Although it seems like Everyone is happy to see Clones minus Kanan Ezra even cracks a smile.

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    There are full spoilers for the premiere over in the TV forum. Apparently, the consensus is that it shouldn't be titled "The Siege of Lothal", it should be titled "Darth Vader shows up and kicks the [expletive of choice] out of everyone." From what I've read, I tend to agree.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So they should have gone with the short 'n' snappy Vader Unleashed then instead?

8. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    If Kanan knows, that it was precisely 501st, who killed his brethren in the temple. It might go so far that Kanan draws his weapon after a heated argument. But I have a feeling, that these clones will sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

So, do the clones survive?

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I prefer to when they did it out of loyalty to Palpatine/Republic. Part of the horror about it was the realism. Like how in our world people have committed horrible acts upon their fellow Man in the name of just following orders, and being loyal to a figure/government, and no brainwashing chips are needed, making the situations worse. Also the clones reaction to order 66 in RoTS does not make sense with the later revelation of the chips.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Try to avoid posting premiere spoilers without tags.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

spicer likes this.
  11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I will headcanon the chips are designed to influence thinking rather than induce zombie-mode.

CooperTFN likes this.
  12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    But we see it induce zombiemode in TCW, I don't like it but it's pretty clear on screen.

DelRiego likes this.
  13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, but it doesn't in ROTS. So I'm inclined to think that was the "max" setting so to speak.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Maybe it was a backup for if the Clones didn't respond as desired. We saw Climber Team refuse to obey after all. Maybe the Clone commandos and ARC troopers weren't chipped, while line troops (and commanders trained from line troops) were...

15. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    All that aside, do you really think that a show on Disney XD is going to kill off the youngest character on the show?

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Sabine is AWESOME.

I don't know what sort of Sith curse has convinced others about this but I am horrified at the suggestion Punk Girl Anarchist Mandalorian is not the bees knees!

pepoluan and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It helps Sabine is a lot like Mrs. Phipps.

:)

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    It was also malfunctioning pretty badly.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I have been eying this post warily for some minutes, trying to figure out if you are being sincere or sarcastic.

Suffice it to say that, yes, in spite of the constant efforts of the creators to tar her as subversive and rebellious, I think Sabine is honorable at heart, and undoubtedly the best character on the show if also the most sabotaged.

CooperTFN likes this.
  21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    oh dear god i'm living in a world where there's a star wars show with jej as a regular

22. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I know!!! It's AWESOME.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    She's already crazy in TCW. Why not go full Dark Side?

24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    It's vague, but Filoni seemed to imply in an answer during the Saturday Rebels panel that Rex believed what Fives told him even when Anakin didn't... so when the time came for the chips to be activated, he overcame them through sheer willpower because he was one of the few who knew the truth.

Of course that brings about the question of why Rex didn't leave sooner, but my guess was that his belief in the entire conspiracy was a matter of gradual acceptance.

Besides, I also suspect the chips have a small failure rate. Like, extremely small. They work 99.9999% of the time, but the few who don't formed too strong of a bond to their generals, or simply had chips that didn't work at all.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Really, if the Emperor had functioning mind-control chips, EVERYONE would have them.