main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    anakinfansince1983, how could you have 16,000 posts??

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Her breasts can blow up buildings? I'm in.

Oh, and slingshots are stupid. Get a real weapon, moron.

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, I type fast?

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    lol. i mean i have been on here for years, and i would never get that many posts. You must post on most of the threads everyday

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If I'm on the Internet for anything other than work, I'm here. I hardly visit any other sites. I don't go to Wook or read links on Reddit or any of the other stuff all you smart people do. And yeah, I like to throw in my $.02 often enough to put the admins' future children through college. :p

I have no idea how I got that many, and I should probably be embarrassed.

JediMatteus and Gamiel like this.
  6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    o_O

Revanfan1 and Ulicus like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, he will have a hodgepodge lightsaber later in the series.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a bad feeling about this.

DelRiego, Arawn_Fenn and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    So far Ezra looks like my least favorite of the crew, so far. I think he has potential but he didn't stand out to me like Zeb or Hera did. He definitely has potential–as long as they don't do what they did with Ahsoka and make him always right about everything. As for his lightsaber, I actually think it's a good thing that it looks hodgepodge, because where are you going to get parts for a completely constructed, normal looking lightsaber when the Empire has put a ban on that kind of thing? A Swiss Army Knife lightsaber may be all he could afford. :p

Contessa and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just don't have Ezra and Kanan do everything.

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed. Let Zeb do something important, Hera save the day, Sabine get the crucial piece of information. Don't get me wrong, I like Kanan and Ezra, but they're the Jedi of the crew and so the writing team could be tempted to have them do everything big. I hope they don't fall to that temptation. I know it'll never happen, but I think it would be cool if the Inquisitor beats Kanan, knocks him down, and as he's preparing to kill him, he's killed from behind by Zeb. Or better yet, have Zeb duel the Inquisitor one-on-one and survive, maybe even come out on top. He's an ex-royal guard of Lothal, this dude should be very hard to beat in a fight.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It's the Dark Times, not the Republic times. I approve of your Zeb idea. Make it so!

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Have Hera jerk a knot in Sabine and Ezra once in awhile. Or often.

It is her ship.

"Watch your mouth, kid, or you'll find yourself floating home."

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Not too quote overuse for you?

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed, especially Ezra. He seems like the one who'd get on your nerves quickly if not put down when he starts to get snippy. Sabine I think, from what we've seen, is snarky but knows when to shut up. That might not come naturally to Ezra, being a street rat and all. But Hera definitely seems like the type who would not take guff from her crew; consider her first line in her introduction video:

"If all you do is fight for your own life, then your life is worth nothing!"

Wookieepedia says (though I guess it might not be accurate):

Sounds like a mother, but a mother also knows when to tell her kids to be quiet, so I'm hopeful that we'll get that and not just constant encouragement to Ezra despite his annoyingness. Sure, the kid needs encouragement, but he also needs discipline. One thing that I dislike about so many of the Disney shows that I see my little siblings watching is that it usually depicts the parent as the bad guy for punishing the kids, when in fact the kid very much deserved the punishment. With Weisman onboard, I hope they will have the smarts to portray Hera and Kanan as the good guys when Ezra does something punishment-worthy, and not the other way around. I think TCW handled this well when Ahsoka was forced onto library guard duty after she messed up on Felucia in Season 2; hopefully they'll keep that in mind here.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Force Smuggler : I don't think she should literally have that line. I just like to throw quotes around.

Revanfan1 : I wish Ahsoka had gotten smacked down more often, especially in later seasons.

Hera being encouraging and motherly could be great, and it definitely is possible to be that way without putting up with bull****.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed, AFS. Even if it's just a unique stare she has, a look that says "shut up, you moron," that causes Ezra to kind of awkwardly shuffle his feet, and scratch the back of his head and stammer out an apology, I'd be fine with that.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I hope Ezra ends up Force-disintegrating someone like in the book.

Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    what book?

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i must not be smart lol i dont do reddit either

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was being somewhat sarcastic. I have no idea what social networks or linking formats that smart people use.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    To tie back into Havac's comment from a couple pages ago -- I'm glad they're using outdated things like a slingshot. If they were trying to be trendy, that would reek of Disney Channel pandering a lot more than outdated youth stereotypes, which fits the whole OT/50s serial type of vibe anyway. I mean, Luke raced skyhoppers with his friends, not went to the local arcade.

23. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

hey i am open to it. as long as it makes sense in universe and we dont flood the universe with trendy american isms and products i will be happy.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Its a little weird as a weapon, but it isn't like Star Wars isn't full of weird weapons already.