main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Maybe, in the next Special Edition release of ROTS, Ahsoka will have a death scene....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ahem. I tied it all back into Rebels two days ago -- it's just that nobody wanted to take me up on that. So if it's anyone's fault, it's all of you. :p

As for Kanan dying: I'd pretty much love it if they killed him off in the first episode. That would be amazing. Alternatively, they can heavily promote him as the main character and then kill him off at the end of the first season. Both are good to me.

DelRiego likes this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    It would be like LOST if they hadn't decided not to kill off Matthew Fox in the pilot.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I and another guy in LACWAC are convinced Kanan is gonna more or less have the same story as Kane Starkiller from the early SW drafts, in that he'll be a reluctant teacher of Ezra's who will die sometime after encountering a Jedi more suitable to train Ezra. Considering how much McQuarrie's artwork has influenced the series, it's not a stretch to imagine some elements of The Star Wars will make it in as well.

Valin__Kenobi and DigitalMessiah like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ugh. Hopefully not. Keep the Jedi limited!

6. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    And who would be more suitable than the Wan and only BEN KENOBI!

Do they dare? Oh I think they double dog dare.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh, for the love of..................
    Obi-Wan? Are you kidding me?!!?!?!?!?!!?!

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    pfft. he's just some crazy old wizard.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Lol it would be fun if for the finale Ezra fought Vader, two apprentices of Kenobi going at it with Obi-Wan somehow watching from the sidelines. Then Ezra gets cut down and Kenobi slinks off.

Then Ghost Ezra comes back and haunts him with his first words being "What the hell, man?"

10. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    no u r a wizard jello
    Yes and no, but mostly yes. So no need to mash yer punctuation keys yet.

We already know Obi-wan shows up as a recording, but I believe it's still unknown whether he'll show up in person. I rather doubt he will, though I wouldn't rule it out.

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    "Obi-wan Kenobi? Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time."

Long time being a month before when he trained this random Jedi kid. :p Though I could totally see it, just for the heck of it. Sure, not like he needs to watch anyone on Tatooine, oh wait. Or maybe he gets Qui-gon's ghost to babysit Luke. After how much trouble Yoda had to go through to learn Force ghosting in TCW, I was wondering if Obi-wan has to go through the same silly trial and road trip too.

Weisman is good at foreshadowing, just that his shows often don't last long enough to get anywhere then. Spectacular Spiderman was caught up in some dispute over who had the rights to Spiderman TV show (I think?) not to mention just poor treatment by the network and Young Justice never went anywhere but kept blabbing about "The Light" and "The Light" endlessly. Well, that and crazy air times and delays too. Hopefully Rebels won't suffer the same fate, though I don't have much faith in DisneyXD *grumbles about Tron Uprising*.

It'd be a shock if they killed one of the main four early on. If there's a fifth character in the first episode, yeah, that's the redshirt. I'm half afraid Ahsoka will still show up in Rebels, if she had died in TCW that would have wrapped things up for RotS, but no, instead almost everybody else (with the possible exception of Anakin of all people and Ventress) acts awful to "poor" Ahsoka and then she walks off. :rolleyes: I know there were external circumstances, but still, TCW didn't really seem to be leading up to Ahsoka's death, not with her combat record. Its hard to tell how dark Rebels will be- technically both TCW and Rebels count as kids cartoons most of the time, but certain episodes really are quite dark. Then again Gargoyles was pretty dark too and that was a Disney cartoon back in the day, so who knows how far they'll go.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Ezra will be trained by a broken Mace Windu to become.....THE JEDI'S HAND.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ulicus , Gorefiend and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I have to admit, now that that have unsealed that particular can of worms... I do want to see an older Kenobi be the one to end Maul once and for all.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'd be totally okay with them revealing Mace Windu survived.

Mainly because I still want to see Vader defeat him in a proper duel.

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, if Maul could survive being cut in half and falling down a bottomless pit, then surely Mace could survive losing only a hand and being hit by Force lightning and then falling a few hundred stories. :p

It would be nice if Obi-wan could finally finish off Maul, but considering Obi-wan's track record in TCW, I doubt it.

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Maul and Windu can take each other out in a final disastrous double resurrection storyline extravaganza.

17. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

But only if that's the episode title!

WMIRTUTSF, cdgodin, Riv_Shiel and 3 others like this.
  18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Aside from my dislike of Ezra, that trailer actually excites me-- and I've not previously felt that way about this. Dig the Inquisitor so much.

Though even Ezra, when he mentions his parents, he sounds more mature than I expected from his silly look.

Revanfan1 and Rogue Five like this.
  20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I keep going back and forth on whether it's supposed to be Obi's holocron or Obi's warning message.

21. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    It appears to be his warning message from Ep. III. Which is the only thing I found exciting in this trailer.

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    But is that not a holocron it's coming out of? [face_dunno]

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I know some people aren't fans of the animation style, but I gotta say, the simplicity of the models seems to be allowing them to do more realistic shadows and highlights. I have a feeling once they've got that workflow down they'll probably start upgrading models just like TCW.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    It is. But holocrons can also be used as recording devices.

Well, if that's not the Ep. III recording, I basically have nothing to be excited about. Oh, maybe Kallus. He seems like an interesting guy.
    I think that's to its detriment; when you have hair and fabric textures like that, do you really want realistic shadows and highlights? On those closeups, everything looks horrendous. And what's with the grain? A bit of grain's not gonna hide how nasty your digitals models look, guys.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Repeating a bit of what I said in the TV forum:

I'm glad the holocron was of Obi-Wan in ROTS.

Lothal is absolutely beautiful, I love the landscape.

I think Hera is easily going to be my favorite character. She has the perfect combination of being maternal/nurturing and a smartass.

Really impressed with Kanan as well.

Wookiees throwing stormtroopers--LMAO. More please. :D

Ezra: I felt for him in that conversation with Hera about his parents, but my only concern is that I hope the other characters stop talking about how awesome he is, once the "Hey, here's this young Force-sensitive kid" newness wears off for them. An entire season or more of "Look how awesome Ezra is" will get very old, very quickly.