main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. rways

rways Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2014
    I can easily see Rebels ruining the empire, making it look like a joke or a classic villain that loses every time but I won't judge before watching

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Very cool.

The room features a huge waste of space for a cabin on a starship, but maybe that's the point: his rank allows him the luxury of extra room, and his response is to leave most of it empty. Simultaneously ostentatious and minimalist.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember this crops up in the X-Wing series: - Isard's unspoken reminder of her power to people she speaks to, is her office being huge and bare. Wedge has a desk "big enough to park an X-wing on" in one of the books (I, Jedi?)

5. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    You don't even know the half of it...
    [​IMG]

revan772 likes this.
  6. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011

I find the lack of space intimidating. I think the room forces all attention to be focused on Kallus with nothing that could make those meeting with him feel comfortable or secure. The size may add to this since he'd seem further away when visitors entered the room and they'd have have to walk further to sit down -- it may make barely any difference time wise, but it would force visitors to think about the conversation a little longer which would affect their calmness; likewise Kallus would have a little longer to assess any potential threat.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Which is probably the whole point - Kallus is a member of the Imperial Security Bureau - basically, the Galactic Empire's Gestapo.

8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    It's very secret police, waging psychological warfare from the moment you enter the room.

Revanfan1, Iron_lord and JediKnight75 like this.
  9. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    You haven't seen the sound system yet. The space is for when he hosts mini-raves.

mnjedi, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Let's hope Rebels doesn't destroy the Kallus character; one of the most interesting so far

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The first incident (with Isard) is in Rogue Squadron. When Loor first arrives on Coruscant, he is surprised Isard's sanctum is so devoid of decoration before realizing that this much empty space on such an urbanized planet must be the height of luxury. Rather parallels RF's comment above about empty space on starships.

That said, according to the old Technical Journals, ISDs have hilariously large rec centers in their blueprints :p

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    No, no, and no.

The only person allowed to stand back and allow others to grow and prosper is Kyle Katarn, through whose divine benevolence Kyle Katarn has allowed many others to steal the Death Star Plans, which Kyle Katarn has repeatedly hidden, in order to be stolen again, because Kyle Katarn is Kyle Katarn, and Kyle Katarn believes in the Rebellion, and Kyle Katarn believes in allowing others to develop and mature, because Kyle Katarn is not self-serving but a kind and generous beard.

Ahsoka, however, has no beard, and therefore can never achieve that same divinity.

Zeta1127, Vthuil, Revanfan1 and 5 others like this.
  13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I should probably switch to my Dark Forces saga thread to save my sanity.

I would be stoked if Kyle showed up on Rebels, or otherwise appeared in the nucanon somehow. I'd have the same reaction as the one I had to Darth Revan.

Edit: WAIT A MINUTE what if Kallus IS Kyle?!

14. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Then the rebel is doomed. Kyle can kill with a look.

Zorrixor likes this.
  15. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    Kyle Katarn, like Rogue Squadron, is at the top of my list of things from the EU that I hope shows up again someday. Even if just the concept makes it, he's a great addition to all the pilots who've defected from the Empire. I love the stormtrooper-turned-rebel commando/agent thing, and the Beard With A Lightsaber side of him is cool too. I guess :p

Rebels would be the perfect place for him to show up, too. Depending on how they fudge his age, he could be young enough to be just getting into the academy or old enough to already be a stormtrooper. Would be interesting to see [face_thinking]

Zorrixor and Iron_lord like this.
  16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    EA could also do a true reboot of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series with Kyle as the protagonist.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That would be awesome.

18. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I'd enjoy that.

19. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006

Well, I think Kyle became a stormtrooper about a year or two before Yavin, and defected soon after. So there would need to be some slight fudging, but it is possible that Kyle could appear, I suppose.

Then again, anything is possible if Kyle deems it so. [face_praying]

And ditto the sentiment about Rogue Squadron. I can't see why they wouldn't do something with them.

20. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    He'll be the player character of the new Battlefront game's campaign mode. It'll be three hours long, linear, grim and gritty (with regenerating health and only two weapons at a time), and Kyle will be mute so his buddies/superiors can yell orders at him through the whole thing. "Katarn! Grab that sniper rifle and give those engineers some cover!" "Katarn! Find a missile launcher and take down that AT-ST!" And then he'll die in the third act because war is hell.

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    has to be keith david yelling the orders

Valin__Kenobi, Kylun and Cynical_Ben like this.
  22. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I'd play it. COD singleplayer is like my gaming guilty pleasure. :D

Kylun likes this.
  23. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    You're not the only one. I never played the multi in those games but I liked the campaings (MW, MW2 and BO2 were my favorites).

24. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    CoD's campaigns are the Transformers films without the Transformers. Or Shia LeBouf. Or Megan Fox.

Zorrixor and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So basically it's just those three soldier dudes from the beginning of the movie.

Unfortunately those three soldier dudes were probably better actors than LeBouf.

Zorrixor and Vthuil like this.