main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    With the first season over ,it's time for us to begin speculations on the second season :D
    DISCUSS

whostheBossk and yellowturtle like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Kanan to be killed by Vader early on.

Tensionhead likes this.
  3. N00b32

N00b32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2015
    Depends very much if they do a late Clone Wars season with all kind of mixed up storys or a season with focus on one crew with one main cast and one overall story arc. If they do the Clone Wars thing, nobody knows, if it is indeed a large story like LOA, half of season 2 writes itself. The importance of Lothal is still open to explore, the Vader-Tarkin-Ahsoka triangle is very much likely to happen (and also the reason for Ahsoka being part of Rebels in the first place), Han Solo will appear. Also Lothal is close to Kessel, which is near the EU test place for the Death Star weapon. Also the question is on character evolvement. I forsee a Zeb and a Sabine story, those two have to get a little more substance. Then there are Ezras parents, the state of the Rebellion and finally the children of the force to explore.

A lot of stuff to look into.

study3600 likes this.
  4. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    I'm curious what's Kanan's loss in S2 is since our heroes didn't actually lose anything in S1 finale.

study3600 and yellowturtle like this.
  5. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    My take? It's Kanan's acceptance that he's not a Jedi, he can never be a Jedi.

My imagining of Season 2?

Lots of multi-eps "Special Ops" missions, jumping from planet to planet.

No more missions just to get money; the Rebel Alliance funding valve has been opened.

Serious harm on one or more crew, but probably no death. Possibly disabling said crew for one or two eps.

Kanan & Ahsoka deep discussion on starting a new Order, the Grey Jedis.

Kanan & Hera kissing on-screen.

We're going to visit Mandalore.

Oh, remember that Ezra still owe Vazago (sp?). And remember Hondo's about to make an appearance.

6. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    My guess is that the opening arc or two deals with Lothal getting slagged. Later on in the season Sabine, and at least a few of the others, go to Mandalore.

pepoluan I think Ahsoka and Kanan will definitely discuss some sort of new order. I just don't it will even have a nominal affiliation with the Jedi.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There won't be a new Order discussion. Kanan even admitted in Path of the Jedi (was that the title?) that the Order was the past.

yellowturtle likes this.
  8. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    Which Order?

The Jedi Order that ultimately produced Darth Vader? Of course not. Ahsoka had bad vibes about that effin' Order.

A totally new Order that has got NOTHING to do with the old Jedi Order? Still possible, and not contrary to what Kanan said in Path of the Jedi.

JediFan215, yellowturtle and Redimet like this.
  9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    This is honestly something I never considered. Good catch and theory.

This all seems possible IMO.

All this seems a little unlikely. I can't see Ahsoka being too keen on the idea of starting a new Jedi Order given the events of what happened with her departure of the Order..... I think hugging like we got in the finally is as close as we are going to get to Kanan/Hera kiss.

Yes please.

I can't wait until he comes to collect.

10. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Also you know, I wonder if we are only going to be on Lothal in S2 for a very short amount of time. Basically enough time for Vader to find and chase them off planet as the crew escapes in a hurry.

11. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    With Bang! Dash! Zing! sound effect?

Yes, please.

That'll make Lothal truly earns its name. [face_devil]

12. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Kanan will lose his lightsaber, and build a new one that's white. Because, AHSOKA!

Ezra will add fire crackers to his repertoire of juvenile, "weapons."

Zeb will eat and sleep his way though most of the season. Again.

Sabine will gain weight and no longer have the agility of a Kowakian monkey-lizard.

Hera will continue to be the ships arm wrestling champion with her giant misshapen forearms. Seriously, am I the only one who notices this stuff?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Now that we've gotten Ahsoka...
    [​IMG]

14. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I have one thing for this:

yellowturtle and vw_jedi like this.
  15. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    If Ahsoka does create a brand new Order it would be interesting to see the relation it has to the Rebel Alliance. One of the things the Jedi and Sith have in common is their close alliance with a political organization. The Jedi eventually became an arm of the Republic and the Empire basically served as an arm of the Sith. A new Order of force-sensitives might distinguish itself by avoiding political allegiances all together. If Filoni wants Ahsoka, Kanan, or Ezra to survive into (and past) the OT, this could be the way to go. They wouldn't need to be around Luke at all.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

17. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I'm hoping for some fighter battles. One thing I enjoyed about TCW was their portrayal of battle. Also hoping that they explore some more planets.

18. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Kanan, Hera, Ahsoka, and Zeb strike mission in fighters? Yes please. Going to new planets was pretty much confirmed in the latest Rebels Recon vid.

yellowturtle likes this.
  19. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    I think fighter battles is a sure thing considering they are introducing Phoenix Squadron.

yellowturtle likes this.
  20. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

I know but I want it to be on TCW scale. Like the artistry of them and the that amazing sound when the scene would pan to the Separatists was unbelievable.

21. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    If the finale is any indication, I think they are on the right track. It really got the frantic nature of ship to ship combat right IMO, especially when Kanan/Ezra came in behind Zeb/Hera/Sabine.

22. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    A-Wings already? Blegh...

23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    The show is able to draw on things in the EU/Legends.

24. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    The A-Wing in the screens I've seen is clearly a copy of McQuarrie's concept art for the RZ-1 A-wing (or A fighter) interceptor, which didn't exist until after the Battle of Yavin. I am aware of the existance of the R-22 spearhead. Would be curious to see if the producers take the extra step to at least make reference. Also curious to see how common this fighter is among the "alliance", or if it's just this one off squadron who happen to have a handful of them.

I get it, whatever was written before doesn't "exist", but based on what Filoni and co. have produced so far, I don't really have any confidence that their interpretation/version of the Star Wars history will be any more, or even as, interesting (to me) as what has already been written; hence, blegh.

-Sincerely,
    Jaded fan

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Just having a few would make sense. Reading the wookiepedia legends article regarding the RZ-1 A-Wing, they could also explain it as not being cost effective enough to justify mass producing at the time due to the down time required for maintenance between missions. If this is the predecessor, it could have other issues that would be worked out in the succeeding version that appears in ROTJ.

Understandable.