main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The unused TFA concept art that was used to create the Fifth Brother, wonder if this means that the Inquisitors has some connection to TFA ?
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and thatotherjedi like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    OMG. Luke Skywalker. That's why he's not in the trailer.

I'm joking.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He looks like a KOR concept.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This is great, can i ask where this info came from?

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    wookieepedia and http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/

Watto likes this.
  6. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Does anyone know when exactly in January Rebels will start up again? And if it will still air in the same time slot?

7. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    As far as I know, that information hasn't been revealed yet.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Next episode is the return to Mandalore

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Which I'm super hyped for.

Devizz likes this.
  10. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I just rewatched the Darth Maul / Mandalore arc, and I really hope we get to see Bo-Katan again. She looks cool, has awesome fighting skills, and seemed to be the smartest member of Death Watch. I would be excited to see her in Rebels.

It would also be cool to see Boba Fett, to see how he has progressed as a bounty hunter since we last saw him in TCW. It would be interesting if the empire put a bounty on the heads of Ahsoka and the rebels, and Boba and Bossk try to hunt them down.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

This would be especially fun if it's where we learn the reasoning behind Vader's admonishment to Fett, "No disintegrations". [face_devil]

12. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Having seen TFA and now caught up on Rebels, I have to say that I'm more stoked for Rebels than any sequels to TFA. But Rebels is being pushed aside in all the storm and thunder about how much money TFA is making. JJ surprised me with an ok (not great, but ok) film. If his effort was a double or triple, Filoni and his team consistently knock it out of the park.

13. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Idk. I think Boba and Vader meet for the first time in Vader #1. I mean, the scene in question doesn't directly confirm such, but it implies it through subtext. There is wiggle room I suppose rereading that issue now.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As I said back when we saw the first trailer for season 2 it got me more stoked then the trailers for TFA, although TFA was an amazing film.

15. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I am hyped as hell for the Mandalore episode. Hoping that the Mandalorians aren't portrayed as complete *******s like everyone in universe (and in real life) seemed to see them as. I mean the Mandalorians we are gonna see probably have a 75% chance of just being Imperial pawns, as it is with most seemingly "neutral" enemies. It'd be nice they are true mercenaries after the end of the Clone Wars. Also... Anyone else want to see some sort of incarnation of Spar-02 or Fenn Shysa in Rebels?

16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Maybe this time their armour will actually be made from beskar iron? They dropped in one shot in TCW.

17. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Pre Vizsla's was Beskar right? I remeber him getting shot at one point and sorta just walking it off. Also Son Of Dathomir also shows some of the Mandalorian soldiers taking multiple shots before going down. As always, I'd just sorta take it as PIS, I mean Sabine's armor is more than likely Beskar since it took two reflected shots and she just got knocked down. But why would Beskar suddenly be easier to find after pretty much all of the original Mandalorians using it where killed or exiled?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Most Mandalorians in TCW were killed by lightsabers to the neck so... Ya.

19. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well Beskar armor never protected the neck. It was only the plating that was lightsaber and blaster resistant.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Mandalorians died like droids or clones on the show and SOD comic, their armor did not help them much. Grievous used his talons to cut through them at one point like they were made out've tin.

21. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Do not remember this. Will re-read SOD. Anyway kinda further reinforces the idea that it's all plot induced stupidity. Example being with the battle droids, one moment they're swarming entire legions of Clone Troopers and killing Jedi and the next moment they're bumbling fools. And with the Mandalorians there's one stalemating Obi Wan in hand to hand combat and another incapable of beating Ahsoka on the hood of a moving speeder... I would like to note that generally the Mandalorians have a more consistent level of threatening-ness.

22. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    So... your complaint is that all Mandalorians aren't OP Traviss Jedi equivalents? :rolleyes:

On a separate note, does anybody have any idea when Season 2.5 starts back up?

23. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Oh no no no I am not asking for that. As much as it would be nice to have Death Watch in The Clone Wars series to be explicitly said to wear Beskar, it's not needed. They were a pretty formidable force anyways. My complaint was that some times the plot required the Mandalorians to slip up and make mistakes, just like it does for the Clone Troopers and Battle Droids. And I re-read Son Of Dathomir and at the beginning of the CIS raid on Zanbar the Mandalorians appear to be winning, about until a large amount of BX Commando Droids and Greivous show up. Also they put up a good fight on Ord Mantell, it seemed like they won since they captured Dooku. Against the Clone Troopers though it appeared they got curbstomped, but I'll assume that's due to having what, 4 or 5 Jedi helping the Republic. That and the 212th doesn't screw around :p

Side Note- Rewatched all of the Mandalore episodes, and I noticed something. Korkie and Amis, the two Mandalorian cadets in the episode The Academy and eventually help fight with Bo-Katan in The Lawless, bear a pretty close resemblance to Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala. No whether that is coincidence or a reference is unclear, but the Mandalorian focused episode of Rebels appears to be coming. And by 5 BBY both Korkie and Amis should have been old enough to don their own suits of Mandalorian armor.

24. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    As much as I like Rebels (it is one of my favourite TV shows alongside the likes of GoT or TWD) I am not sure if I can say the same. TFA blew my mind and I don't see how a star wars fan can call it 'ok'. :p

25. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Not quite yet. There were a few episodes (e.g. Blood Sisters) where the show sagged a little in terms of storytelling or in terms of animation (Tua or double showing up at market on Lothal in Legacy).

If it wasn't for the TFA money I don't think Rebels would be made.

Personally I thought the film was 10/10 (excellent intro!) until Finn and Rey met Han and started crawling around his ship then the film dropped to 9/10 and the lack of development of Kylo/Ben and Han relationship throughout the film made Han's death at the end emotionally flat which dropped the film to a 7/10 for me, "ok".

I'm really hoping for two to three episode arc for the return to Mandalore....My one major criticism of the first half of the season are the single episode stories as they seem rushed and resolved too quickly/nicely.