main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Roger-roger.

Good_News_Nobody likes this.
  2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Gezz can we do something other than nudge and wink spoilers to each other.... some people actually don't want the show ruined for them. :p

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can't wait to see some people's reaction to the opener.

4. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    And I really hope they keep doing this every season! It's nice to have a "mini movie" to start it out, since it feels a little more wholesome. And since the regular season starts with the Rex/AT-AT two-parter, it really is a very strong opener.

5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    When do you guys think Star Wars will post some clips and more trailers on their Youtube page?

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I say give them a month.

Kentoa likes this.
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The more the show can surprise me, the better.

Rex is a surprise, but I hope they address what happened to him (since it appears he would have had to have gone AWOL before the events of ROTS).

I'm a little disappointed by the appearance of two more Inquisitors so soon + Vader + Ahsoka. I was hoping the show would keep the number of Force wielders to a minimum and mirror the OT more closely. I worry that having three Force users on each side will just further detract from the non-Force users.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Ezra fall to the Dark Side and Kanan having to find another apprentice, after going through the appropriate mourning period of believing himself to be a failure. We've never really dealt much with the idea of a failed master. Obi-Wan's apprentice became evil and helped destroy the Jedi Order, but Obi-Wan having to deal with the emotional fall out of that was never really something we've seen.

Ezra obviously finds himself in a dire situation, and rather than the cliche situation of the heroes escaping by the skin of their teeth, or the cliche of a mentor's sacrifice. I would very much appreciate something less predictable. Like if Vader senses Ezra's potential, captures him, and turns him to the Dark Side. While Kanan is left suffering a huge blow to his confidence and feeling like a failure, but then either mirroring Obi-Wan in taking on another apprentice with more success, or refusing to take on an apprentice and feeling like it is his responsibility alone to deal with Ezra.

Pretty much making Rebels mirror the saga in which the first half has a hero that becomes the villain in the second half. Establisth Ezra as a hero early on, but then turn him later on.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That would be a surprise.

9. cunningj

cunningj Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    I mentioned this in a different thread but if Ezra did become Vader apprentice it would make him the polar opposite of Starkiller from the TFU series, which Rebels ended up replacing. Just something worth keeping in mind.

As for what you said about Kanan, I think its a brilliant idea. He's the character that stands out the most from season one. IMO he's the real MC and Ezra is just a point of view character

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Or Ezra could die this season. I think nobody would see that coming and Kanan would need to search for a new apprentice.

11. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I don't think he will die. He is the main character, coming off the streets and joining this family. And what would be the point of killing him off this early after the he just joined the Ghost crew. He also just started his training, and we could see in the season 1 finale he wasn't even close to being able to fight an inquisitor. I just don't really see that happening.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I can see Ezra dying. But I don't want it to be handled poorly either. In regards to Kanan taking on another apprentice, I can't really see it being right away. Maybe a year or so later. I feel like he would be devastated and blame Ezra's death on himself.

13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I want Ezra to die, but at the same time I also want to see him develop into a character I don't hate.

darskpine10 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I don't understand why everyone wants one of the Ghost crew to die.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't no I think it's because Vader is now involved and I doubt he will only face them once.

16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Pretty much my reaction whenever I read a post that someone needs to die this season:

17. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    The force users of the crew will have to disappear, but now it's too early. If Ezra buys the farm, Kanan will not look for a new apprentice. He wasn't looking for Ezra in the first place. And Ezra falling for DS would be a cliche (at least for oEU people). I'm not looking forward to that. With each new episode the show is nearing ANH, and there is simply no time to develop new force-sensitive characters (well, there is, but I doubt the writers are geniuses). I wonder how much time elapsed in season 1? And how big is the gap between both seasons time-wise?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

In season 1 a few months.

Good_News_Nobody likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If Ezra DOES turn to the Darkside, he should not be like Anakin, and join the Sith.

For once, I want to see on screen, someone who turns to the dark side, to also choose not to follow the Sith/Empire.

Ezra can still hate the empire and want to see it in ruins (and this hate would get worse if he becomes evil), even though he joins the dark side. And he also should not give up his old identity if he turns evil (unlike Anakin).

Of course if he turns evil, and still fights the Empire (though not as one of the Ghost Crew), it is a chance to give us a darker rebel, one who doesn't care if civilians/innocents are hurt if he can hurt the Empire in the process.

Besides we are going to have enough darksiders in Rebels, that are apart of the Empire, time to give us something else.

It is also a good reason for him to maintain his blue saber (no need to conform to Sith Tradition on making it Red). We got it a few times in TCW, and I would really like if Rebels gave us an example of a darksider not wielding a red blade, but blue/green.

Though if Ezra does not fall, I still think Rebels should eventually give us an example of a Dark Jedi not associated with the Empire, that still wields the color of a Jedi.

20. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    Ezra is just kind of a dull, cookie-cutter character. Nothing really interesting about him. He's just a street rat.

21. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I don't, I just don't care for Ezra that much.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ezra has had a lot easier time then Ahsoka thats for sure.

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Maybe he should break out into a song in season 2.

24. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    I've always been more interested with Star Wars villains than heroes. Not entirely sure why. Either because they had more character depth or they were just plain cooler.

Two words: Imperial Propaganda

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Codster

What do you think of the two new Inquisitors so far?