main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Late forties? Chronologically, Rex is 28. He's one year younger than Kanan, four years younger than Ahsoka. So yeah, he ages at twice the normal rate. That doesn't stop. Biologically, he's 56.

2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I thought rebels took place 5 BBY?

You mean 28 during TCW?

EDIT: I'm not counting the age acceleration, I'm going by he's "20" circa AOTC

3. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm talking about the number of years that Rex has been alive. He's 10 in AOTC, 13 at the end of the war, and 28 in Rebels season 2 (4 BBY). His biological age is always double what it would naturally be. (I think his maximum natural lifespan would probably be around 60 years, assuming that people living past 100 is more common in the GFFA due to technology.)

4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Kablob okay gotcha. Lol I always forget to factor in that the clones were only ten but looked 20.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would like to see how those Inquisitor Lightsabers come to be, and whether the crystals they use are....

1. Natural Crystals that give a red coloring which the Empire has collected for their darksiders.

Or

2. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Synthetic_lightsaber_crystal are returning to canon.

Though if they were synthetic, would the coloring of red be intentional (like it was in the old canon, since synthetics could be made into other colors as well)?

Or in the new canon, would they make the red color, a natural/inherent part of a synthetic crystal (perhaps all red wielders in the new canon don't have natural crystals)? I could actually see them doing that. Making the red coloring not just a tradition of darksiders/Sith but a coloring that is inherent part of a synthetic that can not be changed.

podjazd and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I hope synthetic crystals make a return. I really like the idea that they are formed with the force by the Jedi/Sith who makes them.

7. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    What are the odds that Ahsoka actually rides a wolf this season?, cause i would love that!.

8. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Filoni will not rest until SOMEBODY rides a wolf.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Filoni needs to put a wolffe in everything he does its like his thing

So I seriously won't be surprised if that art becomes Canon.

10. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

I hope so, it is a nice piece of work. Also, as Rex/Ahsoka/Rexsoka fan more stuff with them is like gold. Season 2 of Rebels is looking great.

Coffee Two Sugars and Watto like this.
  11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Tell me about it!

And hey, I get it: I love wolves, too. Lots and lots of people do.

But I was actually relieved when that picture was never made 'real.' I guess I've run out of patience with Filoni trying to force Ahsoka as "the coolest thing evah" down our throats.

I'm jaded. I'm self-aware enough to know it, but when it comes to this one topic, I've become jaded. Too many years of Filoni's transparent adoration of Tano, taken together with the insufferable "Ahsoka's the greatest thing since lightsaber-sliced bread" from a certain contingent of her fan base has made me that way. The effect has been to turn what was once a character I used to love into one I now view with a much more critical eye than I otherwise might have. And I kind of resent that.

There is actually such a thing a backlash, David. "Too much of a 'good' thing?"

"Wow, she rides a wolf?!?"

Of course she does. :rolleyes:

12. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    It's been twenty years, and he's been all over the galaxy: I'm pretty sure someone's ridden Wolffe by now.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You mean She right?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Well said. All of it, really, but the bolded especially.

Re: the season one finale, the Ghost crew rescued one of their own and defeated their first major antagonist; but guess who got the spotlight? It wasn't Kanan. It wasn't Ezra. I just wish her inclusion had been saved for season two. Speaking of S2, will Rex be treated with such reverence/preference? Probably not, which is unfair, considering Rex was just as important a character as Skywalker's filthy, obnoxious lil' pet.

15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I was thinking the same thing. Although I think I'm aware of the motivation behind the play of words.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Also Rex (lets say for a second that i liked Rex and Ahsoka the same up until the season 2 trailer) I would already find Rex story to be much more interesting and would help the crew develop more then whatever Ahsoka's story will be IMO.

17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I agree, however I don't see Filoni's fixation on Ahsoka going away. I used to like her, but now its becoming hard to. Its like she's the new "boba fett" as far as fan obsession goes. (Another character I used to like but can hardly stand now.)

cwustudent and pepoluan like this.
  18. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

All indications point to Rex having quite a bit to do for the first half of the season, especially clashing with Kanan.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Indeed and I think we will get some really good story during it.

20. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Well, according to Kinberg IIRC, not really clashing. Grunkle Rex had mellowed a bit, that's why Kanan won't outright attack and decapitate him with the lightsaber.

But indeed, there will be tension as Kanan's PTSD gets triggered repeatedly. Only through time will Kanan slowly heals his traumatized, victimized state. Which is both realistic and totally interesting, as we see his past gets peeled layer by layer.

In any case, we already see Kanan at least in a cooperative state with Rex when the former ordered the latter to take care of the TIEs in the trailer.

21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why always the talk about PTSD? Does he suffer panic attacks? Do the events rob him of his sleep? Etc. PTSD is an actual illness, not just "feeling a bit sad about it".

22. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

Maybe clashing is too strong, but it seems like Kanan will not be happy and grudgingly come to acceptance. Either way it should be some good drama between the heroes, and I do hope they have it out with each other a little bit at least.

23. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Oh yeah I agree! Will be mighty interesting... especially since we're about to see how traumatized Kanan was in Kanan #2 (out May 6, right?)

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm glad we will see someone who distrusts the clones over what happened. So many potential here. I wonder if Sabine doesn't like them either.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think its from deduction really

I mean would having all your friends and Family Killed and betrayed by people you have trusted for a long time

I think it is safe to assume he has PTSD.

@darklighter99 what do you mean? what would Sabine have to distrust the clones