main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Any of us could be. Your concern might be more with probability.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Rerun of FATG is on. I hope Kanan and Ezra kept Inqui's TIE! Its a cool ship.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think so.

4. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    The Quis's TIE is pretty cool, but if I were the proto-Rebels I'd be stowing that ship away to study it and, hopefully, reverse-engineer it.

I actually hope Sabine's Technicolor TIE returns, too.

cwustudent and jabberwalkie like this.
  5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I'd rather see graffiti tie shot down by Vader personally.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    That’ll give Sabine a personal vendetta against Vader. Maybe she can get her revenge by shooting Vader with pastel paintballs.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to see that happen! Make it so!

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I suppose I just want to see it used again. TIEs are cool. :cool: Actually, the Ghost crew themselves really need to keep it, if only so Hera can fly it just once. (Likewise, I'm looking fwd to the B-wing ep!) Along with Sabine's TIE, there's also the Gozanti they stole. I'd hope it goes to the Rebels. (Speaking of stealing Imp ships, I now want the SG to conceive a mission around the Tydirium shuttle's capture.)

9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I want them to steal a nebulon....right from the shipyard.

10. Darth_BDO

Darth_BDO Jedi Padawan

Jan 15, 2015

Or, another option for symbolism would be him asking her to join him and her attempting to kill herself rather than join him as Luke did. That would bring a whole new depth to that scene.

11. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    The showrunners would never do that. Unless they want their viewership to drop by 50% [face_laugh]

12. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I hope they borrow some EU material and use the basic ending to the story of The Force Unleashed. I might be outnumbered by the people who apparently didn't like it, but I thought the story of the first game was just awesome (the birth of the Alliance). I wouldn't even mind if they just used it verbatim. I know some people will probably counter with "Starkiller was overpowered", but so was Vader in ROTS when he took out the entire Jedi Order. He had traits of both Jedi and Sith, and so did Starkiller. However, if we were somehow to get that, I'd hope they borrow nothing else because everything else was pretty bad, and just continue the story of the Rebel Alliance from there.

13. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Gezz lay off the guy he just joined the site. God forbid someone mentioned the EU. (Even if TFU wasn't that great. )

15. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Dear Disney, I expect a new preview of Season 2 on May 4th so please deliver. I'm I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. -_-

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You will be

You will be.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Kentoa like this.
  17. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Vader was never Starkiller overpowered lol.

18. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015

I always felt the Force Unleashed had a weak story, and I much prefer the new canon's interpretation of the formation of the Alliance. Rebel cells coming together to form a larger resistance movement, as opposed to a yet another boring, self-sacrificial hero narrative. It just seems more like how an actual alliance of this sort would come about.

Good_News_Nobody and pepoluan like this.
  19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lol, we haven't even seen the story of the rebel alliance in rebels and yet people start making calls on how rebels is "better" than TFU.

20. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Well, thank you for actually providing your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I truly do hope that people in this community understand that. (Oh, and thank you, sarlaccsaurs-tex too!)

Darth_Pevra brings up a good point that we don't quite know yet, but it is a good inference. My main concern is having a weaker storyline than TFU had; thus far, I haven't been too impressed with Rebels, comparing it's first season to the first season of The Clone Wars. Disney hasn't always had the greatest reputation of living up to things it has bought also. I wouldn't mind both ideas cooperating, so while borrowing "some" of the basic TFU story line, it also is able to work with a more team effort, with multiple resistance (see what I did there?) cells coming together to form the new Rebel Alliance.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and darskpine10 like this.
  21. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    It's unfair to compare TCW with SWR.

TCW started out with most characters already having a backstory. The only major addition was Ahsoka. In addition, the first season of TCW is a full 22-episode season.

SWR started out with 5 new characters, and they need to develop the characters quickly in a shortened season (13 episodes).

So of course, we couldn't see the story for the Rebel Alliance front and center in Season 2.

Finally, please stop blaming Disney. The storyline is wholly developed by the Lucasfilm, and development of the series had actually begun -- in concepts, at least -- before the Disney acquisition.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, Disney was the reason behind the cancellation of TCW, I don't think anyone can detest that after seeing all the effort that was already put into season 6 when it got cancelled. There might have been some legal reasons that forced Iger's hands, but Disney is still responsible, and not LFL.

As for unfairness: Isn't it also unfair to decry TFU's version of the story compared to rebels when we haven't even seen the rebels version? Worst case scenario, Ezra and Kanan turn out to be even greater Gary Stu's than Starkiller (who was played by Vader like a fiddle the entire game), as they spend an entire season rescuing rebel cells and helping rebel cells that can't help themselves. That would be similar to how Anakin and Ahsoka and Obi-Wan were used in TCW, but at least that was more justifiable because in context of the story Anakin and Obi-Wan were supposed to be great war heroes. But having gods/Jedi rescue the poor rebels, who are helpless without them, goes against the spirit of the very rebellion, which is about the common people rising up against a terrible Empire. It also doesn't fit well with Rogue One, which again, is about the common people's rise, not about Jedi.

23. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Yup, it was Disney that cancelled TCW. After all, they are a for-profit company, and I don't think Warner (owner of Cartoon Networks, and also the exclusive holder of the TCW's broadcasting rights) will pass the chance to push Disney into a loss. After all, it was Cartoon Networks (under instruction from Warner) that cancelled the order for Season 6, as soon as the Disney-Lucasfilm deal was finalized.

With no orders for Season 6, and Warner unwilling to release the broadcast rights for anyone, what would you do as a company? Of course, to cancel the show and reallocate all resources.

Now, I didn't mention anything about comparing SWR with TFU. I only mentioned about how comparing SWR Season 1 with TCW Season 1 is unfair.

For TFU, I have no opinion. Comparison of TFU story against SWR story? Also no opinion because we've barely scratched the story of SWR.

24. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    STOP MENTIONING TFU! It's the most idiotic story, that has ever stained the EU! I am an EU fan, but, good God, people! TFU symbolized everything, that was going wrong with Lucas and Star Wars. Just for that mistake only I almost feel glad the EU got disavowed!

25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Speaking of that, does anyone remember what we got last year?