main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would do it. Link?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I will try to find it.

Hmm maybe I am remembering wrong

So If anyone else can find it thanks

I will look tomorrow again

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    This may have already been talked about but what do you think
    the chances of Cham Syndulla are of showing up in Rebels in season 2? He was a main character in the Lords of the Sith book and he did survive and they made a point of saying that he would be important to the future of any possible galactic wide Rebellion.

HayaMika likes this.
  4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Put a book spoiler alert on that.

5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Sorry it is not letting me go back and edit it. Hopefully a mod can get it when they see it.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Added spoiler tag.

7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Who is the voice of Vader ? I hope it will be James again...

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it is.

9. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    It's been confirmed it's JEJ

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Erkan12 like this.
  10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Possibly on behalf of the Hutts? The Republic was "in bed" with them, and Vader seemed to be okay with Jabba in ESB. I also think that in the EU the Empire pretty much gave the Hutts greenlight to be as evil as they want. Jabba would often bribe imperial officials, I wonder if that carries over to the new canon?

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That'd be pretty sad and predicable if it does, mate. :rolleyes:

12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    How so? Better the fat slug crime lord you know, after all...

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  13. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, he wouldn't be going anywhere fast, that's for sure

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Did some speculate that the planet of the three clones is Mandalore?

I'm reading Son of Dathomir, and the Jedi were getting intel from the Mandalorian Resistance. I wonder if they are an active faction during Rebels.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, the second season looks good, but I'm worried with the re-newel of Marvel Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man. Now I know some of you would say that this sucks and is not a good comparison, but some of those episodes exceeded 700,000 something that Rebels didn't do too often.

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Season two is going to be awesome. Suspect the show will have two more after this, then on to the post-RoTJ show.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I say at the most the show can do 5 seasons but I am expecting 4

18. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    If the behind-the-scenes interviews are being heard correctly, 3 seasons.

19. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I haven't read or seen anything that indicates that three seasons is the limit. I know there have been rumors for that, but I haven't seen that they have been substantiated. Filoni I believe has been interviewed as saying that they will go as long as they can, which IIRC is similar to what he said regarding TCW. Most of us have theorized that 5 seasons is the max, but it can be shortened to three or four with small time skips to go all the way up to the Battle of Yavin. I firmly believe that the Battle of Yavin is the goal for the series, and with Rogue One in the pipeline there will be a lot going on in that time period as well. Though, we don't know how much time has really passed during the season either so they could theoretically have gone through an entire year in the 13 episode season.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Knight Wolf like this.
  20. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Nothing is set in stone yet.

Greg Weisman told Star Wars Insider magazine “We had a three-act structure, and by three acts I don’t necessarily mean three seasons.” In a typical three-act story the second act is double the length of the first act and the third act is the same length as the first act. IMO this could mean one of two things: 1) we get 4 seasons with seasons 2 and 3 as the second act or 2) since season 2 is nearly double the length of season 1, season 2 is the second act and we’ll only get 3 seasons.
    I’m hoping for option 1 but wont be surprised if we get option 2.
    I agree with jabberwalkie the goal for the series is The Battle of Yavin.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  21. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Mind you, I don't want just 3 seasons, per se, that's just where I think it's headed per the Weisman quote. Yes, it could be more (and I hope it is).

As for the "endpoint", I susupect it will be right before the events of "Rogue One" to avoid overlap.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Why lead up to the Battle of Yavin? We've no evidence that they were involved at all in it. I think it's gonna tie up with Rogue One.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Doubt it. I think that Rogue One will more than likely stand on its own. Also neither Ezra or Kanan can be in the film if we are to understand Edwards correctly. I said that the Battle of Yavin is probably the end goal because by that time the Rebel Alliance will become a more cohesive group to function as a military. It would give a nice progression to show from the crew's perspective on how things formed to what we saw in the OT.

24. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    It would appear the Alliance actually forms earlier than that, if Rogue One is about an Alliance operation to steal the DS plans.

Now mind you, it doesn't mean that all the plot threads have to be wrapped up (or anyone killed) by that point, just that it would clear the decks for whichever new focus is on the docket.

25. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Im starting to wonder if the Yavin Rebels were actually just a cell.Explains the lack of fighter varients and only thirty starfighters in the fleet is stupid. It explains the "first major victory" as the cell's victory.Because I would call Sovereign's destruction a major victory.