main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe Filoni is planning some sort of future reveal? (depending if this female inquisitor meets Ashoka)

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the green skin does at least lead to some speculation. And if it is Barriss, you'd better believe Ahsoka will be getting involved somehow. If not, I can't imagine she'll be in the picture fighting with the main Ghost crew against some new Inquisitor character.

BTW, like your new profile pic. I <3 Harley Quinn.

3. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    :)

I think a Barriss/ Ahsoka showdown would be epic, almost on the scale of Vader/ Ahsoka (almost :p)

Ahsoka got her butt handed to her by Barriss the last time and now Barriss would have the power of the dark-side...

It would be reminiscent of ongoing antagonism of Obi-Wan and Darth Maul in the TCW.

Knight Wolf and cwustudent like this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    You're making this sound appealing... I do like a good arch-enemy. If this turns out to be Barriss (and now I hope it is), wouldn't Vader send Barriss to capture Ahsoka? The first Inquisitor wanted Fulcrum's real ID. It will be interesting to see the Empire finally connect Fulcrum to Ahsoka, and then spread a propaganda campaign that paints Ahsoka as a terrorist leader.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I didn't know this show was turning into "Ahsoka's Revenge"?

Meh, I wanted a show about the Rebellion. Not this Barriss inquisitor crap.

But guess that's the "plans" Dave had for Barriss.

If Dave has to where Barriss is the one that killed Luminara; then I'm so done with anything he makes.

6. thatotherjedi

Jun 6, 2015
    I don't think that having a compelling side-story detracts from the main plot.

Having Obi-wan and Darth Maul duke it out multiple times didn't make TCW less about the "Clone Wars", it did however result in this...

[​IMG]

One can only hope that Barriss can bring as much destruction and awesomeness....

Darth Dnej and pepoluan like this.
  7. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    ^I honestly hated Maul coming back too.

8. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Can I ask why Barriss would join the Empire?

Barriss betrayal of the jedi order was because they turned from peace keepers who only saw to violence as a last resort to war generals. Why would she join the empire whose only purpose is to maintain peace through force? In that sense how are the jedi any different from the empire?

9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    ^^^Lulz. That picture actually reminds me of a Michael Bay movie.

podjazd likes this.
  10. thatotherjedi

Jun 6, 2015
    There are a few immediate possibilities that spring to mind...

1) Join us or die.
    2) The same argument that Palpatine used on Anakin. The Jedi led the Republic into war and wouldn't/couldn't do what was necessary to end the war. Barriss who lived through the chaos and destruction of the Clone Wars would appreciate the law and order brought by the Empire (the trains run on time) and would help enforce it.
    3) Some sort of slave conditioning process

Darth Dnej, pepoluan and PCCViking like this.
  11. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Why wouldn't Barriss join the Empire? She disliked what the Order became, and if Vader offered her the chance to hunt down the remaining Jedi as an Inquisitor, I don't see why she wouldn't take it. She seemed pretty far gone by the end of season 5, pulling out lightsabers on Anakin and saying "they suit me better...". She already turned to the dark side, it seems.

pepoluan likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There's still no confirmation that Bariss will indeed play a role in Rebels to begin with. It's all speculation. That being said, considering she went so far as to betray her "BFF" in Ahsoka, it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine her going after other Jedi on behalf of the Empire. She checked her conscious at the Jedi Temple.

pepoluan likes this.
  13. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    It would have made more sense for Barriss to simply leave the Jedi Order instead of bombing part of the temple and framing Ahsoka. (Her issue apparently was with violence so why not simply leave and put away the sword)

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Some people just wanna go out with a bang.

pepoluan and Knight Wolf like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Because that would have made sense and messed up the plot line going on in which Ahsoka had to be framed for doing Something Very Bad and the Jedi had to piss her off. Barriss couldn't frame Ahsoka for making her turn in her saber.

fett 4 and cwustudent like this.
  16. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I think I can answer your question.

I believe it went down like this:

George: You know lets bring Barriss back for a few episodes.

Dave: And have it to where we change her backstory to where, she bombs the Jedi temple, frames Ahsoka, bring her back as an inquisitor for my new show, and have Ahsoka kill her just to **** off the authors and the old school fans and to make more money? A wise gesture my lord.

Mod EDIT: Too far

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Please explain as to what should have been the plot line to finish off season five. I'm all ears.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I'm sure you are, but I have expressed my opinion on that almost as many times as you have attempted to pick fights with me, so...the search function is your friend.

AplagueOnTheWise and cwustudent like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Jedi-Man.

AplagueOnTheWise and pepoluan like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Hey as long as I'm not the only one getting the finger pointed at, I'm cool.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well just don't make AF angry. You wouldn't like it when she gets angry. [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It... sorta did, actually. It was hardly down to Maul exclusively (I think it's actually mostly the fault of the show embracing the four episode arc structure), but there were certainly a lot more stories that had very little to nothing at all to do with the basic conflict of the Clone Wars in TCW's later seasons.

Though that doesn't mean I'm necessarily worried about some sort of Inquisitor Barriss/Ahsoka feud overshadowing the actual main characters of Rebels. I think the show's done a pretty good job so far with using its preexisting guest stars.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    anakinfansince1983
    That's nothing, I still wonder how Ahsoka was a suspect for the bombing anyway, since she was not even on the planet when the bombing went off and only came back with Anakin because the Jedi ORDERED them too.
    Then Filoni wrapped himself in knots in which Jedi thought she was guilty and not, with basically half the Council including the Head of the order thinking she was innocent, which screws up the plot even more.
    Then the final indignity was the Ahsoka line about "not being able to trust herself!" WTF She was right and proved so, why would she not trust herself ?

But this whole Barriss thing again highlights a big issue with the show. It's about her connection and audience interest with her and Ahsoka (a reoccurring character) but not to any of the Ghost Crew our main supposed "hero's". It's the same with Vader again the interest was/is about him and Ahsoka not with the Ghost crew. Hell they just essentially repeated the scenes with the Inquisitor and swapped him with Vader with his Ghost crew encounter.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    According to DD, Barriss turned out out to be or was labeled as a Separatist terrorist:

"We weathered a storm such as this poorly with the treachery of Barriss Offee. None of us could have imagined such a seemingly ideal Padawan turning into a Separatist terrorist." - Ki Adi Mundi