main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    ooo, I know, they could wear Stormtrooper armor! That will work!

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Lol.

Well, our director said AT-AT pilots are his favorite Imperial troops . So perhaps they'll be portrayed as super macho, because apparently they have the "Plo-Kool" seal of approval.

3. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Spoiler
    Zeb head smacks them

edit: The AT-AT drivers in the trailer have their neck skin showing whereas the movie costume is enclosed

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Me, too. The return of Rex is going to be great!

Now, that's not to say I'm looking for TCW characters to suddenly show up and start stealing the narrative focus from the crew of the Ghost. That wouldn't be good. I still prefer (and expect) that the focus stay largely with the series' original characters.

But I am absolutely thrilled to have Rex back. When I was watching the Season 2 trailer and Rex's voice was heard, why, I had a smile on my face a mile wide. :D

And happily, thanks to Simon Kinberg, we know that Rex will be "an important part of Season 2. It's not like a cameo, he is a recurring character." Kinberg also says that, in light of his history with the clones, we can expect Kanan to experience "some real conflict" when it comes to Rex, noting that the dynamic between the two is "in some ways, one of the new central relationships of the show," along with "how Rex also influences Ezra" (which, per Prinze, Jr., we already know is a dynamic bound to see Rex develop into a kind of 'Grandfatherly' figure to Bridger -- a Granddad who still kicks serious tail). :clone: Awesome.

----------

But even while we see Tano and Rex added to the crew, I still expect to see the show spending the majority of it's time furthering the story of the series' original characters.

- Ezra is only going to continue to blossom into a powerful young Force user (something I'm very interested in watching). But whatever becomes of Bridger, as he is the the character whose eyes we are supposed to experience the story through, we will continue to follow his adventures till the end.

- And hand-in-hand with Ezra's growth is Kanan's continuing evolution as a teacher. More, we've already seen Jarrus struggling to embrace his new role as a member of a burgeoning group of rebels in the Season 2 "Siege of Lothal" mini-film. I imagine for all the world that we can expect to see more of that coming our way.

- Hopefully, we'll see Hera get some more time away from the Captain's chair. As fun as it is to watch her pilot the Ghost, I get the feeling that the more we get to see Hera step away from the ship, the more we'll actually learn about her. I'm still really hoping for some mention of Cham. It would be awesome to be let-in on the things which made Hera decide to try to save the entire galaxy. And if he's still alive, an appearance by her father (standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the likes of Bail Organa and Mon Mothma as one of the leaders of the movement) would be absolutely brilliant. My head tells me to expect that Cham Syndulla is no more. But my heart still holds-out hope that we may yet see him turn up one of these days.

- I think the character in the biggest need of some development is pretty clearly Sabine. When we were first introduced to the new heroes, we heard of Sabine that she was a graffiti artist in Mando armor, who is proficient at blowing things up (particularly, Imperial things). And other than a vague answer that the Empire had something to do with her family's current situation, that's still pretty much all we know. Okay, sure, we did see Wren seeking some reassurances about why they were fighting. That was cool. Oh, and she's a crack-shot (isn't every hero?) who is multi-lingual, too.

Otherwise? One has to think there's still a lot left for us to learn about Sabine. A Season 2 trip to Mandalore could not only serve to expand our understanding of Wren, but also conceivably answer some lingering questions about the fate of the system, and Mandalorians as a race of people, still left over from TCW.

- You know, in a "he-is-who-he-is" kind of way, I almost get the feeling we've seen most of what we're going to see out of Zeb. He's a loyal friend with a strong conscience, but also a fearless and powerful warrior who derives great satisfaction out of busting heads. Orrelios has a gregarious sense of humor around his friends, but he also has no compunction whatsoever about acting as the 'muscle' of the group; sliding effortlessly into the role of enforcer.

All of this adds up to a wonderful, fun character. But with his planet abandoned and his race driven to near-extinction, I have to wonder what else is left for us to learn about the guy? Zeb is like an older brother to Ezra, so there may be some juice left there. But otherwise, I get the sense that the biggest concept left for Zeb will be a final showdown with Kallus.

----------

Anywho... When I first saw that still image from the new preview, I was amazed. I'm going "Hey, CIS tech... Seppies in Rebels? That's awesome!" :D

So, we finally have a premiere date. October 14 (who would have guessed it would wind up on a Wednesday evening?). Hmm, so, do we know if this will be the new night for first-time airings, or is this a special circumstance, before reverting back to Mondays? Oh, and anyone know whether we will be seeing the two new episodes that the folks attending NYCC are going to be treated to, or is it just the one new episode that evening on XD?

Very excited for the new season.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well I guess season 3 Confirmed.

and maybe...

[​IMG]

I can dream right.

6. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I don't think Rex could be strong enough to keep fighting at 70 years old, but yes, we can dream.

7. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    As of RotJ, Rex would be 36/72 (32BBY to 4ABY) so older yes, but not ancient.

Edit: With GFFA life expectancy, who knows? But that would be younger than Dooku and a bit older than Han in TFA (closer to Harrison Ford's actual age)

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "Dare to dream, Artoo JKF. Dare to dream." :c3po:

Speaking of the droids, I'd like to see them again, at least once per season.

9. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

Forget smiling, when I heard his voice I screamed at the top of my lungs with childish, unrepentant glee. O:) Then I started crying when he showed up on screen. [:D]

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Because she is Bombiss, probably. However we don't know if she's any good as an Inquisitor yet.

11. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    For all we know though, and I think this is the most likely scenario, is that the new inquisitors are the S1 Inquisitor's seconds-in-commands who he groomed to take his place should he bite the dust.

12. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    No, he didn't say a word about Ahsoka.

13. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Well, as I've said, they'll be useless too, even if that's the case.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I agree with the earlier suggestions that it was Inky's seniority and guile that made him Grand Inquisitor. The title seems to fit him like a glove. Combat proficiency doesn't necessarily have to be the deciding factor in these kinds of things. Inky would have other talents that would make him suitable for the role.

Besides, since all the Inquisitors receive a very watered-down training programme that barely scratches the surface of the Dark Side, I wouldn't necessarily expect any of them to be amazingly powerful. The Sith have to strike a balance between teaching them enough for them to be able to handle your run-of-the-mill Jedi whilst also keeping enough knowledge from them so that they can never become a threat to the Sith or the Empire. They're very much the Sith's expendable lapdogs that have been pushed into service and are sent out to deal with matters that are so trivial to the Sith that they can't even be bothered to do them themselves.

Also, I think the films and other notable EU material has made all Jedi look more powerful than they probably are, because the focus of this material is on those exceptional cases. I have no doubt the Inquisitors would be more than competent at dealing with your average Jedi, and if they die, so what? Send another lackey. If enough bodies pile up, then maybe the Sith would start to be interested, but the Sith already know that most of the powerful and famous Jedi were killed during Order 66. Yoda and Kenobi are both alive, sure, but Sidious' power sent them both running scared. The Jedi survivors know that they will be top priority targets under the Empire so openly fighting would only draw attention to themselves. Thus I believe by the time of Rebels, only the naive Jedi are being hunted, and they're by nature likely to be less powerful.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  15. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Man, these Inquisitors suck so bad. I hope Palpy has Vader purge them from the Empire by the end of this season.

Hyrum_Solo likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You remind me of myself about 3 or 4 years ago, when I thought being edgy and hating on everything made me a badass. I'm grateful I got over that phase.

jabberwalkie and thejeditraitor like this.
  17. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I don't hate on everything. You must be new here. So you probably don't know I'm a well known critic of Mr. Filoni and his TV shows on these forums.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LMAO, he's not new here.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Perhaps new to seeing my criticisms of Mr. Filoni?

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Probably.

21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Ah.

Well any piece of media can't exist with its worshipper and its critic. It keeps the balance. ;)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    jabberwalkie and thejeditraitor like this.
  23. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Lol.

No. I'm an a disgruntled Wikia user who got tired of their constant changing to the format of the site. And the overall decline in actively on the site, made me seek out a new main site to hang out at.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I mean its pretty hard to miss.:p

cwustudent and Davak24 like this.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't log in much during the offseason so if this is a thing now, that would be why I don't recognise him/her.