main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And they are Newish anyway so I am not surprised.

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I've never liked critics, all they do is complain. That's my opinion anyways. And being a critic around here wont help, it just starts fights. I'm always trying to look for the positives, why do people try to look for negatives? It's nothing personal btw.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Criticism only starts fights when people do take things personally.

A forum in which people only posted positive stuff would be a Pollyanna unicorns and rainbows bull**** forum.

Boring as hell. I'm glad we have critics around here. I love Rebels but I always appreciate input from people who don't like it.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy , Davak24 is cool. I don't agree with him about the Inquisitors, I liked Lucius Inquisitorous and I like the concept overall, but I've found his opinions of TCW spot-on.

4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    And that's fine, you're always welcome here :) It's just I may/will argue with you with you on stuff sometimes :/

6. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Haha, true, very true.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay cool, we all know Davak's a Negative Nancy. Doesn't have much to do with Season 2, though, so let's move on.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So people are already thinking looking for answers means going to Bail which in turn means Obi Wan.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    That sounds way too good to be true. I feel as I'm setting myself up for disappointment now. I want this to happen so bad.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But really how else is she supposed to look for answers? It's not like she can go to coruscant the only places she can go are bail unless she goes to confront vader straight away.

11. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    They should bring in Tyber Zahn for some episode.

12. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Hmm, I would love for them to bring FOC into canon, but that could possibly mean the inclusion of the whole Consortium. It would be kinda cool to see the Rebels/Empire share a common enemy. I wouldn't want them making to big of an impact though. Or if they did, for them to be removed quickly.

13. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
  14. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm so excited. I wonder if we'll see anything related to Sabine or Hera in the new trailer?

16. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Well we're getting two new big reveals, so who knows :/ I wonder what these new reveals are? Characters? Something else? I cannot wait for Tuesday.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Well, copies of Aftermath went out and guess what

Ashoka met Wedge Antilles at one point. Think we will see Wedge in Rebels?

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe they will release the identities of the Inquisitors? Either way this is going to be great.

19. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Wut. But isn't that book post ROTJ? - Nvm, it's some sort of flashback. - Nvm, we'll leave that for the Aftermath thread.

20. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Yes but said character has a little flashback to said incident that happened before ANH:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...e-release-info.50028106/page-95#post-52644766

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  21. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Whu? What what? Hold on a second...? Give me a second...? I'm having trouble here hold on...? What's going on here?!

edit: I'm going to wake up one day and find out that Ashoka has a bigger role in SW than Luke Skywalker.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    He better be in Rebels, because if
    Wedge is hanging out with Tano much later than this (ie. during the OT-period), I'm really, really going to start wondering why Antilles didn't bother to mention to his good buddy, budding-Jedi Luke Skywalker, anything about Wedge's other powerful Force user acquaintance who also happens to be helping the Rebellion.

Nah, but then they'll just retcon it so that Luke is good buddies with Tano, too. The two just never did anything important enough together to merit mentioning in any one of the films, is all. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Okay, so I see in a further post you clarified that it happens pre-ANH. That's good.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    And that's the day I officially storm the gates at Lucasfilm.

Understand, I'm all for getting everything you can out of a character and I'm sure there is still plenty good to be done with Tano.

But she's no Luke Skywalker. And she's no Leia and she's certainly no Anakin.

Now, that's not a slight on Tano as a character (and yeah, I know this is probably better discussed in the 'power-hour' thread, but I'll be brief).

What I mean is, by the nature of her existing in an era when the biggest, most fundamental aspects of the canonical story have already long-been carved into stone, Ahsoka the character can (at best) only ever aspire to a level which is still shy of the Skywalkers. The story of the era encompassing the first six feature films is the story of the Skywalkers (largely Anakin/Vader and Luke). And unless Lucasfilm consciously decides to undertake a complete upheaval and reformation of the entire canon -- of the entire 'universe' created by George Lucas -- just for the (questionable) benefit of one character, Ahsoka (and not just her, but anyone alive at this time and not named "Skywalker") must exist within those parameters.

And I at least try to have faith that the LSG is able to keep matters like this in mind.

That said, as blasphemous as it may sound to some old-timers (not meant as a slight -- I'm one of them), Tano can still become as important as the next-tier characters like Yoda or Solo. Maybe even Kenobi. There's nothing which says that cannot happen.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sorry but No really.

Why?

Davak24

Go nuts.

25. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I actually already did on other thread, but yeah, this is bullcrap.