main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Ahsoka is an awful character from an awful show. Please do not bring her in.

See what I did there? :D

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. The Empire might have found out about old Jho helping the Ghost Crew. I don't believe that would end well for him.

That would be cool. I was thinking it could be Mara Jade myself but we will see. Then again it could be a whole new character as well.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Thrawn confirmed.:p

I highly doubt they would bring in Jade because of her connection to Luke but thrawn or any other EU character could work.

4. Funbox

Funbox Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    Problem with them bringing in Thrawn is the time period. If keeping true to Zahn, it would be better to bring in Thrawn post-RotJ? Bringing in Thrawn now, though it would "canonise" him, would be an odd time in which to utlise him.

I wonder if there are plans for another animated series for the period post-RotJ?

5. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Considering it's a kids show Thrawn would have to loose to the rebels in ridiculous ways not befitting his character.
    Short version: the show would ruin his character. :p
    So not this TV show, but maybe a post ROTJ show or novel.

Davak24 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

7. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Yes. Same with Mara Jade.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It may happen but I don't see it happening in rebels. I also hope they get rid of the silly rank of Grand Admiral that was never seen in the OT, not even during the Empire's most important battles.

cough *aftermath trilogy* cough

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, the book is named epilogue, so color me unsurprised.

But if Thrawn appears, it's probably there.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Bringing thrawn Back does not mean he has to be a Grand admiral. But Grand General has been made Canon so I don't see why Admiral would not be.

Funbox likes this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Grand General o_O!

Grand Admiral was a real life German Rank (Grand Admiral Donitz surrendered Germany after Hitler's death) so I can see where Zahn got that from but Grand General !

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Tagge doesn't wear a white uniform with golden pauldrons and there aren't as many ground battles which would involve a General in the OT. There's the battle of Hoth, but it doesn't imply there aren't any higher ranks than General.

However it is hard to explain why in all the fleet battles there wouldn't be someone like a Grand Admiral, since they're the most important battles of the Empire period, especially the battle over Endor.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I am not mistaken Therevis only one person who holds the Grand title at a time for general or Admiral it could be explained but I know what you mean.

15. Funbox

Funbox Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    Imperial Governor Adelhard is so far the only character with a Thrawn-esque aura about him. If they expanded the role of Imperial Governor Adelhard that would be the only fitting replacement for Thrawn, but even still it would be good for them to canonise Thrawn.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Grand Admiral (as has been stated above already) was and actual rank in the German Navy during WWII. And we know that one of Lucas's influence when coming up with the Empire was Nazi Germany. So that rank existing in the GFFA, but being one that only a handful have been able to achieve, makes a lot of sense actually.

Plus we didn't see the ENTIRE Empire during the OT. Merely a tiny part of it.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And it would be easy to explain that thrawn was somewhere else dealing in the unknown regions or something.

18. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I doubt it's him. It's probably Snoke.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    What's a friggin Grand Admiral doing in the "unknown regions" while the Empire is burning?

If it doesn't make sense to have a certain rank in the plot, then just don't add it. That simple. There's no reason why Thrawn couldn't be a "simple" Admiral.

And the uniform is the most silly thing, no officer is going to be dressed so fancy when the Emperor wears simple robes. The Empire is all about functionality, not gold pauldrons.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Thrawn was usually out there expanding the Empire for the Emperor. His creator basically modeled him after several great military leaders in history guys Caesar, Alexander the Great,Napoleon and probably others.

The Empire could be at war with various enemies, including other kingdoms and rival empires out there and not just quelling an internal civil war. Systems outside the Republic in the Outer Rim and what not could have their own imperial regimes, its not like the First Galactic Empire" is the sole empire in the entire universe or has a monopoly or trademark on "empire".

The Emperor placing Thrawn or some other powerful warlord/general at the far frontier to quell a hostile front and to explore and conquer new territory would make sense. Also he may want strong leaders and thus possible rivals far away from the capital, and if they grow too powerful they could meet their ends under accidental or mysterious circumstances. Sidious is not to be trusted, I guess really no Sith is as they're a treacherous bunch, but Sidious always betrays his allies.

21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Okay, I really don't want to buy this book, but I saw it the other day and turned to the ending where Admiral woman is under orders by some guy........so my question is (for everyone who's read it) does this character have his (Thrawn's) traits?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would say so they both loved art and they had that same feel to them.

23. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Now you've peaked my curiosity. One more question:
    How many times is Fulcrum mentioned?

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Piqued. And once, from what I've heard.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Look out! It's the grammar police! :storm:[face_worried]:storm:

edited for grammar :p