main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    There is room for both, similar to how in the old canon, the Inquisitor Organization existed even though the Emperor's Hand also existed. In other words, if we ever did get a canon vader's apprentice, he/she can have a role that is different then an Inquisitor, given a different task to complete in the Empire. Some cues should be taken from the old Emperor's hand for a hypothetical apprentice. Someone who is very loyal to Vader, and who Vader has no plans on making a future Sith. A dark side agent put on more secret missions compared to Inquisitors. An assassin that works alone (sometimes undercover) and is only known by a few. A person who doesn't need some double bladed spinning lightsaber, besides wielding a traditional lightsaber, uses other kinds of weapons to take down targets.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  2. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    TFU is still in my head canon. I don't see how it contradicts anything in Rebels. Just have it take place right before. Just say Shaak Ti's death didn't happen.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Why would Shaak Ti not die?

4. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If someone like Sarko Plank can fall to the depths of Temple of Eedit to an apparent death on the planet Devaron after battling Luke shortly after the battle of Yavin and yet return some 30 something years later in TFA - it is a good deduction characters like Maul and Galen Marek certainly are within the realm of still being alive and returning and that time isnt much an issue in SW.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I think I have a solution about the Obi Wan/ Vader thing. It's like the Anakin/ Grievous thing in Clone Wars. Have Obi-wan work behind the scenes and perhaps almost meet but never actually meet Vader. That way there would be no continuity issues.

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Then you'd have to explain why he'd just up and leave Luke "unsupervised." That's his job in the years between ROTS/ANH, watch over Luke/keep him safe until the "time is right." Also I don't really buy that Vader wouldn't sense Obi Wan's presence if they were anywhere even remotely close to each other.

study3600 and StarWarsFreak93 like this.
  8. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006

Heck that all but proves Made Windu is going to make a reappearance then![face_devil]

study3600 likes this.
  9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Exactly. They sensed each other on the Death Star. And that was obviously the first and only time after Mustafar it happened.

And TFU sort of does contradict the new canon, mainly the formation of the Rebellion, and why Vader has to make Galen a secret apprentice and not just train him as an Inquisitor, although he does sort of play the same role in TFU by hunting down remaining Jedi and such.

study3600 likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    This. plus being a hermit with no communication with the outside world plays a big part in his personal tragedy, so him being involved with the rebellion diminish that greatly.

study3600 likes this.
  11. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Have her not die in TFU cause she was killed by Anakin, I believe.

12. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    To be fair, she died twice in the deleted scenes for Revenge of the Sith, so who is to say either of them are canon as well?

MandaloreRex2015 and Erkan12 like this.
  13. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Neither one is canon.

study3600 likes this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  15. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I believe the Anakin stabbing her from behind is canon, as it is shown in a vision in TCW. You could say that doesn't mean it happened if it's a vision, but all the other visions did happen so it's only safe to assume that is how Shaak Ti went out.

cwustudent and study3600 like this.
  16. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    That would be during the Mortis arc. And if I'm remembering right, they had some things out of place in that, such as Windu and Kenobi at the Jedi Temple. So it's possible they were just using known models to flesh the scenes out a bit. So it's more than likely he did stab someone in the back [the whole Jedi Order for one], but who that really was and the fate of Shaak Tii is still unknown.

17. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    They were obviously referencing the deleted scene. The same exact event played out. And didn't know if it was Mortis orYoda on Dagobah.

18. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Actually he is talking about the Yoda arc, where Yoda sees it in a vision on Dagobah. However, one could say the vision of Shaak Ti being stabbed by Anakin was not meant to be taken literally, and simply represents Anakin metaphorically (and literally) stabbing the Jedi in the back, and they used Shaak Ti to reference the deleted scene. However, it is currently the closest thing to a canon death Shaak Ti has, so until we hear otherwise, I will assume that is how she died.

cwustudent and IG-13 like this.
  19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    In Marvel's Star Wars #9, Luke opens some holocrons and one of them shows Shaak Ti. She's referencing the "death of the Jedi" (Order 66). This means she must have survived at least the initial Order 66 from ROTS to record that message, so her death by Anakin in the deleted ROTS scene is not canon.

20. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Probably.
    [​IMG]

Darth_Voider likes this.
  21. TheRiddler555

TheRiddler555 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2015
    podjazd likes this.
  22. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    You know, maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker, but Gellar sounds for me as if she was trying to impersonate Meredith Salenger... :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So Seventh Sisters creepy factor just scaled past ten. But honestly she is just amazing right now despite that. I wonder when and if Ahsoka and Seventh Sister will fight? Because that's duel I would like to see.

24. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I'm more interested in shark guy to be honest.

Seventh Sister looks lame, imo.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    At least she has the creepy factor going for her.