Lit STAR WARS REBELS (Season 2 spoilers MUST be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz, May 20, 2013.

1. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Zeb's... considerably larger than Puggles, though. :p
  2. Skaddix Force Ghost

star 4
    Man I could forgive Jar Jar if he actually was a secret Palpatine Agent.
  3. The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost

star 4

He's always been little more than a glorified P.A.
  4. LelalMekha Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, according to Alien Encounters, Lasats can be between 1.2 and 1.9 meters in average.
    Last edited by LelalMekha, Feb 26, 2014
  5. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I know, I have the book right before me. :)
    LelalMekha likes this.
  6. LelalMekha Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah! We have a real connoisseur. That's one of my favorite WEG guides!
  7. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    So far, the only things I don't like are "BLUE HAIR!!!1" and the X-TREME TO THE MAX graffiti stuff.

But I can probably be won over by both, eventually. :p
    Last edited by Ulicus, Feb 26, 2014
    CooperTFN likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Now that you mention it, wasn't the original pitch for the Clone Wars show a master and padawan going undercover in the galactic underworld, influencing the clone wars behind the scene?
  9. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I think I'd have preferred something like that. Though, really, I wish the pitch had been "Obi-Wan and a 14 y/o Padawan Anakin go on adventures between TPM and AotC".
    Trip, AusStig, MercenaryAce and 3 others like this.
  10. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    Are you sure you would want a 14 year old Anakin? Have you thought this through?
    windu4, Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  11. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Well he'd have just been a male Ahsoka, only his Stu-ness would actually make sense. So, yes, I have.
  12. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Same here. I wish Rebels and TCW were switched around in this regard, with TCW being about non-movie characters during the Clone Wars and Rebels being about movie characters during the Dark Times.
    LelalMekha likes this.
  13. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 6
    Now that I think about it, that might be a great show. :p
    purplerain likes this.
  14. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    I have to assume 14 year old Anakin would be worse than the 19 year old one.

Not touching the Sue comment lest I derail this thread again.
    Last edited by DigitalMessiah, Feb 26, 2014
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    But at least you only have one Anakin instead of two.
  16. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Why? The characterisation of this hypothetical 14 y/o Anakin would likely still be just as much of a reaction to everyone's negative appraisal of the AotC/RotS Anakin as was TCW Anakin.

And I'm using Stu-ness just in a "his-amazing-so-much-better-than-everyone-else-and-uber-over-the-top-skilled-for-his-age"ness sense. Don't read any more into it than that. :p
    Last edited by Ulicus, Feb 26, 2014
    AusStig and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 6
    Sue/Stu is a radioactive word. It has baggage that comes with its use. You woke the dragon!

Anyway, was Ahsoka annoying in the same way Ep2 Ani was? If so, I can't see hypothetical Ani being different as a reaction to Ep2 Ani.

In fact, I would expect trollucas to play it up.
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 8
    Ahsoka was annoying in a different way than AOTC Anakin was. And AOTC Anakin was at least told to learn his place.

I would collect every action figure of the character who said that to Ahsoka, especially in seasons 3-5.

And we did get 14-year-old Anakin in Outbound Flight, just not much of him.
  19. The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost

star 4

But then we wouldn't have gotten Matt Lanter as Anakin. And what movie characters would we be following in Rebels? Yoda hiding out on Dagobah? Obi-Wan hiding out on Tatooine? Luke complaining about power converters to his aunt and uncle and torturing womp rats?

The only person doing anything interesting would be Darth Vader and maybe Leia. But unlike a lot of people, I don't think Vader being a stoic badass and mowing down Jedi left and right could carry an entire series, and Leia would either be a snotty teenager talking back to her aunts on Alderaan or just starting out as a Senator and clandestine rebel and wouldn't ever be directly participating in the action due to the need to maintain her cover.

edit: I forgot Han Solo, I guess. But either the show would rehash all his book adventures or, more likely, completely ignore them. I'm not sure which would be preferable to the majority of fans.
    Last edited by The_Phantom_Calamari, Feb 26, 2014
    Contessa and DigitalMessiah like this.
  20. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    -Palpatine. I would have loved seeing him as Emperor.
    -The Peculiar Hat Crew.
    -Mon Mothma and Bail Organa
    Last edited by purplerain, Feb 26, 2014
  21. The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost

star 4

I wouldn't be surprised if we do, though? But that also couldn't really carry an entire series. Unless it was a comedy.

edit: Okay, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa could be interesting. But would they be main characters? They're also Senators and clandestine rebels at this point. They wouldn't be running around sporting blasters and facing off against Imperials. They'd be in a supporting role. And it also seems not entirely out of the question that they'll show up in that capacity in Rebels at some point.
  22. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll have to disagree there.
    Last edited by purplerain, Feb 26, 2014
  23. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
  24. The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost

star 4

Well, what would it be? A long-form political drama like House of Cards, but animated and for kids? Or would Palpatine get periodic assignments from the dark side, Charlie's Angels style, and set out across the galaxy to personally strangle Rebels and electrocute rogue Jedi?

e: I can just imagine, five plus seasons of a cackling maniac jetting around space brutally killing an endless succession of heroes and good guys. An excellent premise for a kid's show.

Or I guess we could have our protagonist lose all the time.
  25. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Dealing with the Imperial Senate, hiding the fact that he's Sidious, being Vader's master, making laws and decisions for the galaxy, etc.