main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Chopper eventually ends up in a 3PO body. You know, E Chu Ta and all that. He really wanted to be around Lando.

2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    And who could blame him?

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    But tragically, he confuses C-3PO with Triple Zero and it's the last mistake he makes in his droid life.

4. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  5. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
  6. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Looks cool. I hope it's a new planet that they can do some world-building with for a while. And that looks like the planet where the clones are hanging out in the trailer, if the giant desert's anything to go by.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  7. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    I'm hoping Maul finally dies in the series, Vader could use a big name kill

JediMatteus likes this.
  8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    A want for Rebels Season 2 which includes a Lords of the Sith spoiler:

Since Cham survived, I want to hear that Ahsoka met up with him sometime down the line. Perhaps hear her tell that story.

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I have to think they'll get there sooner or later.

10. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
  11. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It looks massive. Are those brown dots individual houses? The scale makes Theed's palace looks almost miniscule.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sort of tip-toeing around this thread for fear of spoilers (it'll be great in a few weeks when I can go back and read everything since Celebration :p ) but two things:

I. Those audio cues are awesome. Love the music from this show. No points for guessing my favorite.

II. Tosche Station had a http://tosche-station.net/rebellion-leaders/]great[/url] article on why Rebels should make sure to include the Corellian Treaty Founders. I can pretty much guess that there will be mass agreement here, but I'm linking it anyway :p

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I would definitely like to see Ackbar in rebels. And more of Bail. And it would be really neat if Hera is part of the founding rebel leaders in the new timeline.

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    If nothing else, I'm definitely hopeful for stories involving building ties with other rebel movements.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I wonder if helping to bring about the Corellian Treaty (or its nucanon equivalent) might make for a good endpoint for the series. It would fit with the general intention the showrunners have stated to tell a story about a group of rebels rather than the Rebellion as a whole to have its creation be the climax, and it would likewise make for a good contribution for the Ghost crew to make to the broader canon now that stealing the Death Star plans is (hopefully!) out. And if I'm correct in my totally baseless guess that the show will run for three seasons, then it might make sense chronologically as well.

darklordoftech and starfish like this.
  15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]

Only if Sabine gets to paint them [​IMG]

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    If 40 years ago you would have told people that in the future some 16 year old girl who wears pink mandolorian armour (without a jetpack or reason) graffities a Tie fighter they would have laughed.
    But it's okay it's Canon!

Sorry for being sarcastic it just doesn't sit that well with me. Almost akin to a parody like the custom Tie in Family Guy.

DelRiego likes this.
  17. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    The reason she wears Mandalorian Armor is because...she's a Mandolorian.

18. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    How do you know? Its never stated or brought up in the show.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Please tell we're not going to have that stupid (and kinda offensive) "no true Mandalorian" argument again.

rumsmuggler and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Discussion you mean! Any time. She isn't at all. She wears armour thats all. Until it's shown in the show then it is not canon.

21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Dante1120 likes this.
  22. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    Except when it's said by the creators, in which case...yeah. It's canon.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Kallus refers to her as "the Mandalorian girl" - in the Gall Treyvis episode. And in the first fynock episode, she talks about her time at the Imperial Academy on Mandalore. There's plenty of similar references. And tie-in material is as canon as the show, now that everything new is on the same level.

24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    It wasn't specifically mentioned. Maybe a misunderstanding but to me if you were you would mention it more often and be much more if a warrior. I just can't buy her as a character.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Real warriors don't need to talk about it - "Have I mentioned I am a warrior today?"