main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Who knows, maybe he'll just get wounded and go back into retirement on Seelos or something :p

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    What did his tweets say to give you that idea?

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There are a lot of them so i'll just link you to one of the Reddit threads :p
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsre...spoilers_possible_spoilers_so_i_dont_know_if/

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seriously don't you dare kill Rex Brent. or at least make it ambiguous.

5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    NO, not again! If they kill Rex, I want to know that he's dead. I mean I hope they don't kill him, but please let us know for sure what happens. I don't want to go through this again.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah what are we talking about as long as they don't shoot him in the head he's alive. :p

revan772 likes this.
  7. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Rex needs to die, I like the character, but I don't like invincible characters and biased writing. I'm annoyed that they brought back Gregor since as far as Brent was concerned he died in the Droid arc and he was the writer of that arc.

As for Commander Cody I would love to see him show up as a commander in the Empire, he would be so much more competent and fun than most of the Imp Officers and all the Storm Troopers we have seen so far.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Look Rex has a lot more he can do for the story after Rebels so no he should not die.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope Cody is a dark trooper and we get Rex vs Robo-Cody.

SeparatistFan and Erkan12 like this.
  10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Being killed by Sepertists instead of the Empire would be for fitting for Rex. In Rebels he has become walking fan service and a alive reminder of TCW. He works better during the era he was born in. I'm not against a clone starring in Rebels, but it would have been better if itwas an original creation. Rebels doesn't need to keep TCWs most famous clone alive.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    LOL I recall Filoni talking more than once about Rex being alive during the OT era so why would he be killed in Rebels.:p

who cares if Rex being alive is fan service, he's neither a big player nor does him being alive contradict/conflict with anything so why not have him live.

12. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    There's a fan theory going around that Rex was in ROTJ as part of Han & Leia's strike team on Endor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Because he is a blackhole when it comes to dealing with clones post war in the new continuity. We could have gotten development from other clones but there seems to be this urge for the writers to focus in on Rex.

The man has already lived long for a clone.....and has gotten a LOT of screen time.

I wish we got to focus on his old comrades, which haven't been seen since earlier season 2.

Here is an original idea. Introduce a clone who.....*gasp* isn't a character from TCW and flesh him out. A former Republic Commando who isn't crazy Gregor would be a good route to take.

But no instead of giving us an all new character.....or a return of Gregor and Wolffe....we get more and more Rex.

Rex dying in Rebels could add realism to this show while also influencing development for other clones in the dark times era.

It is sort of similar to the situation with Ahsoka.....but imagine if she was kept on the show in season 3.

Go away bad ass alien Jedi....we saw enough of you already in TCW, and you even got some time to shine in Rebels....but now your story has been told. We only have 20 minutes anyway...and for some reason hate multiple connected episodes. So we already don't have a lot of time to develop characters.....so instead of shining the light on you lets give other characters room to improve. People who haven't had the privilege of being a main character of a long running previous series.

Now replace "bad ass alien Jedi" with "bad ass Rex", and you can further see why I hope he is killed of in this season.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    StarWarsFan91

Ahsoka and Rex were hardly in any episodes of Rebels though. The main focus has always been the Ghost Crew even if Rex and Ahsoka did show up sometimes. They were secondary characters. Rex having his own episode once or twice out of the dozens of Rebels episodes we've had doesn't overshadow anything. But shows us a different side or perspective of the fight being fought and who's fighting it.

Is Rex going to be killed off this season? Maybe. Maybe not. That's not something we know right now. But it's not awful if he isn't.

15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Why is that even a theory ? Lol. What kind of evidences implies that Rex was there...

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Pretendalorian likes this.
  17. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Clone Wars\Rebels is known for most unrealistic ressurection possible...
    1.Gregor (explosion)
    2.Echo (explosion)
    3.Trench(alright we get it explosion can't kill anyone in this universe)
    4.Maul(chopped in half. And not just legs...)
    5.Ashoka(died in Clone Wars only to be ressurected 2 minutes later then her apperance in Rebels uhhh...She is totally alive. She is so sacred for Filoni)
    [​IMG]

What Are The Odds and cwustudent like this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Agree with all of this. Well, other than the part about Rex dying. I just enjoy him so much that I don't care to see him destroyed (though if it's going to happen, falling here would seem apropos, yes).

But yeah, I'm super excited for the return of CIS forces and I've long dreamed of seeing some organic Separatist survivors joining the cause of the Rebellion (with "uneasy allies" being the perfect way to describe the dramatic tension at the outset). I love that idea.

19. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    So is OT.

Vader is half machine and half man. And Ben Kenobi turned out to be a Ghost. Han Solo was totally fine after the 6 months carbon freeze.

Sow and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I forgot there is no Rebels episode next week.:(

revan772 likes this.
  21. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    So what ? I miss your point.
    Dumb ressurection = part of the classic Star Wars ?
    OT is not perfect.
    Vader for example one of the saga central characters and very important for the plot . Trench, Echo or Gregor are not. There was no point in their ressurection. (** Fanservice**)

[​IMG]

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I prefer http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com

earlchinna, Pretendalorian and Nanaki like this.
  23. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Ratio of original characters to established characters in SWR

Original
    Ezra
    Kanan
    Zeb
    Sabine
    Hera
    Chopper
    Kallus
    Grand Inqui
    5th bro
    7th sis
    8th bro
    Aresko
    Grint
    Valen Rudar
    Minister Tua
    C1-10P
    RX-24
    Cikatro Vizago
    Bendu
    Numa
    Gall Trayvis
    Azmorigan
    Konstantine
    Fen Rau
    Brom Titus
    Leonis
    Mr. & Mrs. Bridger
    Tseebo
    Jai Kell
    Ryder Azadi
    AP-5
    Quarrie
    Gron
    Chava
    Loth-Cat
    Space whales
    Jun Sato

Established
    Palpatine
    Vader
    Tarkin
    Thrawn
    Obi-wan (cameo)
    Ashoka
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Bail Organa
    Leia
    Rex
    Hondo
    Lando
    Maul
    Boba
    Wedge
    Cham
    Wolffe
    Gregor
    Luminara (cameo)
    Bo-Katan
    Bossk

Post edit: this forum doesn't like word table inserts
    table discounts stormtrooper variants and some droids/aliens and includes all of the minor characters I could find

Noir Deux likes this.
  24. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Hyrum_Solo Bossk wasn't actually ever seen or mentioned in the show, though he was in the Rebels related junior novel Ezra's Gamble.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    FYI Numa appeared in TCW during season 1. Also Gobi was present in TCW, but other then that the list is good.

SeparatistFan likes this.