main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Also I'm pretty sure Thrawn outranks Pryce. He is the one calling the shots, not Pryce.

2. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Yeah, and a tie-in to R1 will probably not happen.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking it may just be a foreshadowing of a certain R1 character or group in Rebels. It's still two years out from R1 so it can't sync up too much, and I don't think a character like Jyn Erso will be dealt with since she's likely on her own for now. But I think Saw Gerrera and Cassian Andor have a long enough history with the Rebellion that one of them could cross paths with the cast from Rebels. Saw's cell is a bit infamous and he seems to have so much history that it would make sense to see some of that. And Filoni was the one who brought him into Star Wars to begin with.

For those waiting for a full transition into R1 and ANH, you'll have to wait a couple more seasons for Rebels to get to the full Alliance.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    So Saxon returns from Son of Dathomir, interesting.....
    Also, Sabine's mother has got to be Rook Kast, this might as well confirm it here.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Ah! Gar Saxon! Maul has to come into that story at one point!

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gar Saxson almost confirms it.
    [​IMG]
    Sabine's Mother Is Rook Kast no doubt about it now.

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

yeeeaaahhh-loki.gif

I'm so excited for this you don't even know!

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    OMG! I never actually thought it would be likely for Rook to be her mother but my theory seems actually possible!

So it looks like Deathwatch had joined the Empire, and Rook no doubt wants to see her daughter again.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree and I hope that Rook actually chose to join the empire instead of being forced.

La Calavera likes this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Maybe it was a bit of both?

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Her mom could easily be Bo-Katan knowing the writers.[face_cowboy] I would of course shoot for Rook.[face_coffee]

Sounds like Death Watch betrayed Maul during the war and capitulated or switched sides to the Republic/Empire. Maul's line of dialogue to Sabine seemed one of shaming or motivating her back to him. Basically Mandalorians betrayed him when he did fight for their sovereignty and way of life even if he held his own motives and interests he brought them back. I don't think they stuck with him to the bitter end, loyalists maybe but others acting outve self preservation and survival of the strong likely would've switched to the side of the emerging victor. Maul held his ground on Mandalore during the siege and awaited the Jedi(Kenobi and Skywalker) for a duel of fates even as it burned he was magnificent as if born to fire and brimestone, he was perfectly the warrior.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They've confirmed that Sabine is not related to Satine.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I know its the same VA for Rebels as TCW. But TCW-Kalani sounded much more droid-ish than Rebels-Kalani. Anybody know why?

Also, I want Saw and Kalani to cross paths again. Those two bickering would be more interesting than Rex and Kanan.

La Calavera likes this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They probably wanted to more humanized him cause he was turning "good" and make him more sympathetic to the Rebels audience(especially the young demographic). They gave us the TCW, abridged version.

16. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    "Sabine never told you about her family"
    What a TESB rip-off. :p

Sow and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  17. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

Looks like TheSilentInfluence and I were on to something all those months ago...

Also let's hope that Kast makes an appearance and that she and Saxon mention Maul.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think we will only hear Rook Kast's name but not see her at least not this episode.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just noticed that they're airing a repeat of the first episode on Saturday night, so I guess Rebels is off this week.

20. ShadowLady86

ShadowLady86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 2, 2015
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

I just saw that clip and after seeing it as a Teaser to get people excited for the show, it was a complete failure in jmo. A boring chase scene, completely tensionless, with no excitement and some misplaced goofy slapstick added for good measure. Not good, though the other one was actually not bad as a Teaser

22. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Agree.
    Saxon in comics was pretty cool mando.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    But in Rebels he probably be some third grade angry villain who always lose.[face_phbbbbt]

fett 4 likes this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    There's always someone stronger or faster. Even if he takes a beating that doesn't mean he'll lose. But fighting in Mandalorian culture is a pretty big thing. You learn from a young age how to defend yourself. And depending on how you lose,there is still honor in it. Sabine could win sure, but she might not. We've already seen Sabine tell Pryce her clan taught her how fight. And being Mandalorian also gives her more of an advantage then Hera or Zeb when facing someone like Saxon. She knows her enemy.

Watto likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also of note he is getting older and would be around 50 by this point. Assuming he was 30 during SOD.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  25. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

That's because [​IMG]